Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what will happen in the winter transfer window
joey barton will do a thing
big sam will do a thing
arsenal fans will meltdown
manchester united fans will meltdown
both sets of fans will melt down
gay for pay 3rd party ownership
Tons of Liverpool fanfiction
View Results

• Locked thread
Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

pik_d posted:

How good?

Europa League winning good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

sassassin posted:

He makes more mistakes now than he did when he started.

This is probably because he's being asked to play in a more complicated style, and has been mostly alongside either a lunging idiot like Otamendi or a man with the Exxon Valdez's turning circle like Kolarov. If he had an uncrocked Vinny to guide him... :allears:

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
youd think hed have plenty of time to give him advice...

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
advice isn't the same has having a more experienced centerback yelling at you the whole match to keep you in the correct position.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Eau de MacGowan posted:

This is probably because he's being asked to play in a more complicated style, and has been mostly alongside either a lunging idiot like Otamendi or a man with the Exxon Valdez's turning circle like Kolarov. If he had an uncrocked Vinny to guide him... :allears:

Looking forward to Mane running at Kolarov later :getin:

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Spangly A posted:

Stones will be fine, everybody forgets that Lampard and Ferdinand were both total shite for west ham for several years, and Ferdinand was crap at leeds.

nah he wasnt

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

No, you see Ferdinand was poo poo and that's why Leeds made him the most expensive defender of all time when they signed him from West Ham and then made him the most expensive defender of all time again when they sold him to United.

Duh.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Shrapnig posted:

No, you see Ferdinand was poo poo and that's why Leeds made him the most expensive defender of all time when they signed him from West Ham and then made him the most expensive defender of all time again when they sold him to United.

Duh.

You can use a similar argument to prove Stones isn't poo poo.

And yet.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Wait, are people saying Stones is a drug cheat?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
If the City shirt fits.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Shrapnig posted:

Duh.

Ferdinand wasn't a poo poo player but he used to bomb forward loving constantly at west ham and his idea of sitting deep was the half way line. It was clear he would be good if someone would be able to make him stop doing that; that started to show a bit at leeds and then the United deal was a surprise at the time, but one that ended up working out.

I don't think Stones will ever be as good with any other player as that ridiculous few years Ferdinand/Vidic had but concentration issues are one of the few things young defenders can improve on

also Big Titus was legit at Wigan and suffered the shay given curse too long

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
there's a stupid amount of linking of us to rudy gestede and I don't know why and I hope they're all lies despite bruce admitting there's talks.

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
boro reuniting the lucrative rhodes gestede partnership

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

poo poo Farm posted:

boro reuniting the lucrative rhodes gestede partnership

in my dreams lol

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Nearly 12 hours since the window slammed open and not a single signing

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Blue Star Error posted:

https://twitter.com/burtonalbionfc/status/815512911040966657

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Except for that one

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Blue Star Error posted:

https://twitter.com/fczenit_en/status/814816832364355584

You brought this upon yourself

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Blue Star Error posted:

Except for that one

who are you hoping that Norwich signs?

A new manager perhaps?

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

MrBling posted:

who are you hoping that Norwich signs?

A new manager perhaps?

We need a firesale of the deadwood/don't give a gently caress players to anyone who will take them, and then buy a keeper, 2 centre backs, and a left back. Don't sell Jacob Murphy to a Prem club.

We'll be lucky if we get a quarter of that tbh.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Juan Iturbe is apparently headed to Torino on a multi-year loan, joining Ljajic and Falque as attacking players Roma has sent to Torino this year. He'll still probably be terrible.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

Juan Iturbe is apparently headed to Torino on a multi-year loan, joining Ljajic and Falque as attacking players Roma has sent to Torino this year. He'll still probably be terrible.

He won't even get minutes the way they've been playing.

The Delofeu to Milan rumor fell apart as soon as "other teams who can actually offer something might be interested" appeared.

azathosk
Aug 20, 2006

Sup guys?
The norwegian holding midfielder Sander Berge was on a medical at Genk (in Belgium) just before christmas. Then they suddenly changed managers and now nobody knows if the transfer is going through. It could also just be because they're waiting for Leicester to sign Ndidi.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

He won't even get minutes the way they've been playing.

The Delofeu to Milan rumor fell apart as soon as "other teams who can actually offer something might be interested" appeared.

I thought Milan were cashed up now?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Ewar Woowar posted:

I thought Milan were cashed up now?

Nope, the money, and indeed the buyers, are probably not real. The sale of the club has gone on for over a year now. Berlusconi's holding company is getting paid something but the club has only seen 15 mil, 8 of which was pissed away on Jose Sosa for some insane reason.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Looking forward to Aston Villa buying some professional footballers that can play midfield.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Frankston posted:

Looking forward to Aston Villa buying some professional footballers that can play midfield.
*in tony xia voice*

no what we weally need is more strikers

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

straight up brolic posted:

*in tony xia voice*

no what we weally need is more strikers

hopefully this stops you selling us gestede

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

UnlimitedSpessmans posted:

hopefully this stops you selling us gestede

lol boro have always loved buying Villa players. How's Traore working out?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I forgot boro bought Brad loving Guzan too, holy lol

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Frankston posted:

I forgot boro bought Brad loving Guzan too, holy lol

An MLS team is about to rescue them from that decision

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Does he suck now? I thought he was #1 between the sticks for USA. Don't recall if Howard quit or not.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

He's been extremely poor for about 4 years. It's weird because he was awesome for the first few years at Villa and even won player of the season but then he got very very bad.

Actually it's not that weird when you think about the utter dross that was in front of him for the latter half of his time here. I'm sure he'd do fairly ok'ish in a competent team again.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Frankston posted:

He's been extremely poor for about 4 years. It's weird because he was awesome for the first few years at Villa and even won player of the season but then he got very very bad.

Actually it's not that weird when you think about the utter dross that was in front of him for the latter half of his time here. I'm sure he'd do fairly ok'ish in a competent team again.

I remember him challenging Howard for a bit and then completely nothing. Makes sense and makes sense about not having a competent back line.

Hopefully you guys find someone or at least get some defenders worth a poo poo. We might be bullying out our best defender and captain so I feel you.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Our defence is fine now minus Hutton. Chester and Baker are a class partnership and Amavi is a top talent for the future. It's just RB we have a problem with because we bought De Laet but then he got injured for the whole season so we're relying on Alan Hutton who is terrible, but he tries at least.

What we need is a solid keeper who won't gently caress up at least once every game and two new midfielders. And a striker I guess because Ayew and Kodjia are off to Africa and Gestede is gone.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
witsel is off to china instead of juve

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Axel Witsel is now added to the list of Known Retards

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Frankston posted:

Our defence is fine now minus Hutton. Chester and Baker are a class partnership and Amavi is a top talent for the future. It's just RB we have a problem with because we bought De Laet but then he got injured for the whole season so we're relying on Alan Hutton who is terrible, but he tries at least.

What we need is a solid keeper who won't gently caress up at least once every game and two new midfielders. And a striker I guess because Ayew and Kodjia are off to Africa and Gestede is gone.

I can't believe Alan Hutton is still under contract at Villa

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Apparently boro have had an offer for gestede accepeted. What a complete and utter loving waste of money. Mans a wasteman. I'm losing faith in karanka if this is the type of signings he's wanting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Bape Culture posted:

Apparently boro have had an offer for gestede accepeted. What a complete and utter loving waste of money. Mans a wasteman. I'm losing faith in karanka if this is the type of signings he's wanting.

you've scored exactly 0 goals this season

• Locked thread