Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what will happen in the winter transfer window
joey barton will do a thing
big sam will do a thing
arsenal fans will meltdown
manchester united fans will meltdown
both sets of fans will melt down
gay for pay 3rd party ownership
Tons of Liverpool fanfiction
View Results

• Locked thread
Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Arquebus posted:

Lianong Whowin

Nice of them to make this clear to aid the decision of future plastics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i don't want newcastle to sign tom cleverly

alan smith is the notts county manager

Jose fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Jan 3, 2017

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Arquebus posted:

Lianong Whowin

lol

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

NTRabbit posted:

Apart from the Wanderers, who pulled a Boro in the 05/06 UEFA cup and parked a series of buses and brick walls against all the good sides all the way through to the final, and then unlike boro actually succeeded and won a two legged final 1-0 on aggregate against a Saudi team.

You're a moron. Have you seen the results of Boro's road to the UEFA cup final? Stupid oval office.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I think Hernanes might go to Genoa anyway, and I think Juve will get a right back but no idea who or from where.

I wonder if they have European style rooting sections in the Chinese league.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Pissflaps posted:

You're a moron. Have you seen the results of Boro's road to the UEFA cup final? Stupid oval office.

Yeah, that Boro team was actually a lot of fun to watch and that was a pretty great cup run.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Simone Poodoin posted:

I think Hernanes might go to Genoa anyway, and I think Juve will get a right back but no idea who or from where.

Apparently Rincon can play right back, although I've never seen him there.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Draxler to PSG is a done deal.

http://www.psg.fr/en/News/003001/Article/78453/Julian-Draxler-signs-for-Paris-Saint-Germain-throught-to-2021

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Shrapnig posted:

Yeah, that Boro team was actually a lot of fun to watch and that was a pretty great cup run.

it was like a complete reverse of our current team

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Well that's a wet fart of a deal.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Pissflaps posted:

Lighten up precious, I couldn't remember who it was and thought I remembered it being a loss to Sevilla, and hence Boro; turns out I was thinking of Rangers losing to Zenit St. Petersburg a couple years later

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jan 3, 2017

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Also according to the Guardian, United have turned down a 19m bid from Everton for Schneiderlin. Seems a bit weird since he's done gently caress all since United bought him for what feels like forever ago.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

blue footed boobie posted:

Also according to the Guardian, United have turned down a 19m bid from Everton for Schneiderlin. Seems a bit weird since he's done gently caress all since United bought him for what feels like forever ago.

they wanna get 24m to recoup their expenditure

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

blue footed boobie posted:

No reason to keep selling low like United used to do. He's decent backup and we'll probably have to buy someone new when he and Schweinsteiger have left.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
If only someone would offer £19m for Mempiss Depay :pray: :pray: :pray:

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
Witsel to Shandong Tianjing Shamndong Guangzhou Everdong is a done deal

http://en.fc-zenit.ru/news/feed/2017/01/03/aksel-vitsel-prodolzhit-kareru-v-kitae/

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Alexeythegreat posted:

http://en.fc-zenit.ru/news/feed/2017/01/03/aksel-vitsel-prodolzhit-kareru-v-kitae/

I guess we'll never actually know if Axel Witsel or Hulk were any good, huh?

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

TheBigAristotle posted:

I guess we'll never actually know if Axel Witsel or Hulk were any good, huh?

Witsel was never good, Hulk was good
There, now you know

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
as a black man with crystal blue eyes, Witsel will be one of the most exotic looking persons most Chinese fans could imagine. he'll prob be a darling of the league.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

NTRabbit posted:

Lighten up precious, I couldn't remember who it was and thought I remembered it being a loss to Sevilla, and hence Boro; turns out I was thinking of Rangers losing to Zenit St. Petersburg a couple years later

loving idiot.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Alexeythegreat posted:

*signs up to spend peak years of a very short professional career in a place where you could contract lung disease by leaving the house without wearing a mask*

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Wilfred Ndidi to Leicester now official. £15mm. https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jan/03/leicester-city-wilfred-ndidi-transfer-genk-nigeria?CMP=share_btn_link

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Alexeythegreat posted:

how much was the actual transfer though? or was this a commitment to signing him in the summer on a free?

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
Any tasty Arsenal rumors?

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Wenger has a pedo torture dungeon under his house

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

vivisectvnv posted:

how much was the actual transfer though? or was this a commitment to signing him in the summer on a free?

Nobody really knows, because it's a Russia-related transfer, but the number I usually see is 21m

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

NTRabbit posted:

Are you sure you aren't thinking of Fulham? Also the Wanderers absolutely robbed that Saudi team and it owned, they had like 5 genuine penalty shouts turned down

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

saihttam posted:

Any tasty Arsenal rumors?

Just that they're trying to hit the Pjanic button after missing Cazorla for so long. No word on if Juve wants to sell though.

Lots of rumors out there that Real Madrid wants to make a huge bid for Dele Alli. But did I hear correctly that they can't try til the end of the season due to a transfer window ban? Real still wants to treat Spurs as a farm team, I guess.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

shirts and skins posted:

Just that they're trying to hit the Pjanic button after missing Cazorla for so long. No word on if Juve wants to sell though.

Lots of rumors out there that Real Madrid wants to make a huge bid for Dele Alli. But did I hear correctly that they can't try til the end of the season due to a transfer window ban? Real still wants to treat Spurs as a farm team, I guess.

Juve just bought Pjanic this summer, for a pretty big sum too. If he goes it'll have to be for a serious amount of money which we all know Arsenal doesn't do despite having it.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

Juve just bought Pjanic this summer, for a pretty big sum too. If he goes it'll have to be for a serious amount of money which we all know Arsenal doesn't do despite having it.

this isn't true

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Jose posted:

this isn't true

Actually it is

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

they spent tons of money on a wasteman this summer

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Juve spent 32 million on him, Arsenal have spent more than that precisely three times in their history.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Gigi Galli posted:

Juve spent 32 million on him, Arsenal have spent more than that precisely three times in their history.

How many times has Juve spent more? Genuinely curious

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

he;s an attacking midfielder which arsenal don't need so wengy could well spend all the money on him

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

RideTheSpiral posted:

How many times has Juve spent more? Genuinely curious

6 apparently. Now I wonder who has spent more than that other than the usual suspects. Maybe 3 is an average number.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Gigi Galli posted:

6 apparently. Now I wonder who has spent more than that other than the usual suspects. Maybe 3 is an average number.

6 seems like a lot to me. i dont think city even has that many big ticket signings

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

RideTheSpiral posted:

6 seems like a lot to me. i dont think city even has that many big ticket signings

they signed 3 players for £50m this summer

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Ok city has 7 but 3 of them are 32m exactly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

RideTheSpiral posted:

They've got 11, lol

http://www.transfermarkt.com/manchester-city/transferrekorde/verein/281

United's got 15

http://www.transfermarkt.com/manchester-united/transferrekorde/verein/985

I'm talking in Euros

• Locked thread