Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
BUT ITS OKAY BECAUSE SOMEBODY WROTE GOOD ON IT IN GREASE PENCIL RIGHT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

everdave posted:

Watch the videos!

I was on my phone and scrolled past it!

Oh my god! Best Christmas ever!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

14 BAR RIFF posted:

HINT THEY PUT THE loving BRAIN IN THE LEFT REAR loving AIR INTAKE VENT OUTSIDE THE loving ENGINE BAY

Wait, the same place VW put the "Death foam" on the beetles?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Wait, the same place VW put the "Death foam" on the beetles?

Oh dude even better

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

oh my god

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!

14 BAR RIFF posted:

HINT THEY PUT THE loving BRAIN IN THE LEFT REAR loving AIR INTAKE VENT OUTSIDE THE loving ENGINE BAY

The 84 Vanagon that I had with Digijet had it's ECU just in front of the left tail light. Someone could have disabled it by spearing said tail light hard enough.

Not my pic, but to illustrate:

Vanagoon fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Dec 27, 2016

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

68 fuel injected? What the hell? Didn't the beetle get that in 75?

I guess they used the fastback as the test bitch first.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Panaflex posted:

I suspect ExplodingSims arranged something. Maybe he will chime in but from the looks of it that's 14's car now, free and clear.

Yes, myself, and a bunch of other goons got together and pooled funds to raise the money for this, and then some.

Because we enjoy watching 14 squirm like a bug under a magnifying glass wanted to thank him for going way, way above and beyond on my big dumb truck, and for the countless hours of entertainment he's provided us all.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
14, how are you going to explain this to the Civic? It's already mad at you.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Goons gave me the title to this
Oh, I followed that part.

quote:

Which is totally not just going to be a lovely sequel to this, no sir

It'll be a great sequel, I'm just wondering when you're going to have your cat sent to you and take up permanent squatting in Nebraska after truck delivery. :getin:

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

14 BAR RIFF posted:

I literally have no loving idea and I hate Larry for understanding my needs so intimately

The AI version of:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Currently thinking the jeep tow hitch can be adapted onto the trukk. Nobody makes a type 3 tow bar though so when I get the trukk moving finally ill look into adjustable tow bars at Bomgaars I know they have a trailer section.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Won't it fit in the bed?

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

It actually will if the measurements I got off the internet are to be believed. But the problem is it's got to share space with the gas tank, the spare Wheels, engine hoist, and some other stuff.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Also the issue of lifting it 4 feet straight up in an uneven muddy ice covered field

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress me the cheapest tow option is $350

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Well let's look around and see some options but if it comes down to it I am sure we can goon-fund it. Can you not bolt/weld a random used trailer hitch to the truck?

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

I'm sure you can find somebody who has a tractor with a forklift on it.

Alternatively, you are and cattle country go find yourself some Stout oxen and hitch them up and ride that thing Home Oregon Trail Style.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Its just a huge physical financial logistical and time consuming headache all around getting getting this thing off the property

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Of course Dan also says the turbo Daytona runs, needs a TPS, and is around the price of the fastback but

A) don't want to usurp and repurposed goonthusiasm and

B) don't want to be a turbo Mopar guy do I? :stonk:

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

So just the way you like it then?

E: I mean, I'm not gonna tell you how to spend your money, but I thought you wanted the Fastback more.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

ExplodingSims posted:

So just the way you like it then?

E: I mean, I'm not gonna tell you how to spend your money, but I thought you wanted the Fastback more.

Believe me I do but there's a reason I walked away once and that's the sheer amount of work it needs and the truck needs to get this thing on the wrong coast and gamble 3,000 miles of air cooled road where as the Daytona needs a TPS battery and fresh gas and drive it back out of here.

I'm not joking when I say its a loving god awful choice to make because that's how bad I want the fastback

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Running or not does not solve the towing problem.

Please take a picture of the truck's butt so we can see what the frame looks like and suggest potential solutions.

quadpus
May 15, 2004

aaag sheets
that jeep has a hitch receiver on it. just sayin

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Fermented Tinal posted:

Running or not does not solve the towing problem.

Please take a picture of the truck's butt so we can see what the frame looks like and suggest potential solutions.

It kinda does as I can have it operational in an afternoon and bus back here after delivery and head towards home

quadpus posted:

that jeep has a hitch receiver on it. just sayin

I've already been over the back and front ends of all the vehicles and I don't trust being able to mount the jeep hitch securely. Jeep hitch is 38" wide and truck frame is 32" wide

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Also the issue of lifting it 4 feet straight up in an uneven muddy ice covered field
You dig a trench sloping down to the right depth in front of it to make it level with the bed.

No, seriously.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
WHAT IF I SAID THE DAYTONA TALKS TO YOU

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
gently caress the fastback, you've already owned one of those.

and it doesn't say poo poo.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Oh my god is it that talking 80s daytona?

TAKE IT AND DRIVE IT

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The tow bar on justkampers says it fits the type 3

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

The tow bar on justkampers says it fits the type 3

How much and how soon to Valentine?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'm probably going Daytona with this thread Danno said it started and ran a couple months ago

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Thesamba says it is a fraud :(

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I will be pretty dismayed to not see the VW roll with you but it's your life and you have to do what is best

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

You're the one who sacrificed your running transportation to this project; if you want the Daytona or whatever other car, you spend the money how you see fit.

(a talking 80's car is p cool though)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

angryrobots posted:

You're the one who sacrificed your running transportation to this project; if you want the Daytona or whatever other car, you spend the money how you see fit.

Is that what we're calling it?

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

angryrobots posted:

+1

As a multi-time "investor" in every stage of this monkeyshone tomfoolery, I for one fully support your making the financially and emotionally sane decision for a change.

Plus the turbo Daytona is loving awesome. :getin:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'd rather refund the secret gifts and bus to California than dissapoint this forum for going surprise! Jk!

But it runs and doesn't require hundreds invested before simply delivering it 1600 miles the wrong direction.

I'd like anyone who helped make this choice possible to weigh in. But runs and can store my heaviest tools in Valentine versus $200-400 cost to get it further from home. Dan's leaving and I'll no longer have use of the house when he goes.

It is kind of tempting...

Honest advice. I'd rather walk than make a choice that will be contrary to the original intent, but I'd rather drive than spend a month in Orlando trying to ressurect a corpse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirr0bin
Aug 16, 2004
damn you! let the rabbits wear glasses!

angryrobots posted:

+1 turbo daytonas are pretty cool and if it actually moves under it's own power that's a huge load off of your shoulders

Is it a manual or auto?

edit: k, manual. Nice.

Make sure it starts and runs decent before you bus back to Valentine expecting it to crank!

sirr0bin fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Dec 28, 2016

• Locked thread