Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

bushisms.txt posted:

The people walking out of this at my theater gives me hope this gets ignored at the Oscars; most overrated nominee since brokeback mountain.

It won't, but stop caring about what the Oscars honours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

bushisms.txt posted:

I don't care about the Oscars on a broad sense, but a studio fronting an all black cast and getting awarded for it outside of the BETs is a huge thing. It's sets a precedent that blacks are marketable, like hidden figures out grossing all the others. And it shows the studios are missing out on a huge audience, which will in turn force more projects out that cater to that audience.

I agree with this. Moonlight is absolutely the better movie. But La La Land has done well with audiences and critics and it's almost certainly walking away with the win, so I wouldn't hang my hopes on the Academy reacting like the people in your theatre.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

It doesn't even matter, really. Since none of the songs from Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping were nominated the whole category was a joke anyway.

• Locked thread