Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

The Berzerker posted:

I'm in for 40 again, and I'm doing the Booklord Challenge.

e: I'll take a wildcard, but please make it by a non-white author.

Romance of the Three Kingdoms by Luo Guanzhong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat
Name: Furious Lobster
Number: 52
Booklord's challenge: Yes

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

The Berzerker posted:

Is that this or am I looking at the wrong thing?

Yes, it's a multi-volume book and has very strong cultural influences on East Asia in general; I prefer the Moss Roberts translation to the above link.

To help you sort out the characters and get a better understanding of the long story, I've found, this specific case, watching https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8rkcJ5sYDI, a recently produced tv series, simultaneously while reading the books as well. It does make the process that much more time-consuming but made the book more vibrant. The book has a ton of characters and here, I really do think a visual aid is warranted.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

The Berzerker posted:

I appreciate that, though I can't imagine I'm going to watch a 95 episode TV series, on top of a 2500 page book, for just one of the 24 challenges in the Booklord this year.

It could knock out 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 17, 20, 21, 22 and parts of 1 and 3 :v:.

• Locked thread