Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
The only thing on the wiki that I care at all about is the best/worst lists, and I just kind of assume that Polsy has those stashed away if I need them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
i think that it's nice to have those lists around somewhere public so that people can see what's "good" for years they may have been out of it. but since that's sort of the only purpose of the wiki i don't care if the wiki survives, so long as those lists survive.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
E: whoops, wrong thread.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jan 11, 2017

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The wiki got me to watch Kimi Ni Todoke when otherwise I wouldn't so it is a treasure.

I just looked at it and someone replaced it with My Love Story, burn it to the ground.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

The only thing on the wiki that I care at all about is the best/worst lists, and I just kind of assume that Polsy has those stashed away if I need them.

Polsy will generally keep a record of anything you want him to

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Namtab posted:

Keep a record of this post t('-'t)

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Namtab posted:

Polsy-nii-san.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Josuke Higashikata posted:

accepting editor applications for the new adtrw wiki

requirements:
- fluent in 日本語 (lit. copying japanese names for things from wikipedia)
- owns at least 21 manga volumes, with at least one volume of naruto
- has a flame t-shirt

can my copy of naruto be in japanese

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

everythingWasBees posted:

can my copy of naruto be in japanese

That's the kind of talk a anime wikia admin comes out with... maybe you can run the whole thing

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

GorfZaplen posted:

Keep a record of this post t('-'t)

Filing this in adtrw/miscthreads/gorfzaplen.txt

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tfw when you can never run for office because polsy has all your posts of you saying you want to gently caress anime characters

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
at this point it'd be downright quaint if all an elected official wanted to gently caress were anime characters

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Endorph posted:

tfw when you can never run for office because polsy has all your posts of you saying you want to gently caress anime characters

i'd vote for this candidate

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

depends on which characters they want to gently caress

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

at this point it'd be downright quaint if all an elected official wanted to gently caress were anime characters

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Endorph posted:

iktf

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Polsy posted:

Filing this in adtrw/miscthreads/gorfzaplen.txt

Thank you Polsy.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It'll be good to have a record of my impeccable anime taste when I apply for Japanese citizenship.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Polsy could end my career at any point he wanted

l33tc4k30fd00m
Sep 5, 2004

I realize you're done counting but here's mine anyway, I've been exhaustingly busy and forgot to post. :goleft:

Osomatsu-san
Konosuba
Mob Psycho 100
Re:Zero
Yuri on Ice

I figure there's no point writing about them at this point, but my top 5 was pretty easy this year because I was also too busy to actually finish many shows!!!!

Oh actually, while I liked Yuri on Ice it's pretty borderline... It would probably be replaced by something if I ever finish half the shows I started.

l33tc4k30fd00m fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jan 12, 2017

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

The Colonel posted:

so uh, honestly, wtf is gonna happen with the adtrwiki now the thread for it is in archives, the capcha for account generation is broken and presumably whoever managed it is long gone

Pierson and/or (more obviously) Nate still posts on the forums, but yeah if nobody is really interested in using it might as well let it quietly fade away. I or anyone else can maintain a best/worst page (is there even a page on the wiki for the worst shows?)

Namtab posted:

Polsy could end my career at any point he wanted

I'm not saying you have to keep the payments coming, it's just advice.

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.
Lurking seems to be an increasingly prudent option.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
My involvement was mostly a serendipitous occasion where I just happened to get tasked with approving people (I don't really remember why) and then just never stopped since no one told me to. I don't know any of the inner workings or technical sides of the wiki.

E: Personally I feel the Anime Rec thread has more or less taken on the role the wiki originally provided. Keeping the Best/Worst lists and maybe the "New to anime?" stuff might be worth it though.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Jan 13, 2017

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Josuke Higashikata posted:

i'd vote for this candidate
On a unrelated note, I've decided to run as an independent candidate in the next federal election.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Nate RFB posted:

My involvement was mostly a serendipitous occasion where I just happened to get tasked with approving people (I don't really remember why) and then just never stopped since no one told me to. I don't know any of the inner workings or technical sides of the wiki.

E: Personally I feel the Anime Rec thread has more or less taken on the role the wiki originally provided. Keeping the Best/Worst lists and maybe the "New to anime?" stuff might be worth it though.

The anime rec thread consists of people responding to someone's tastes personally, which is more useful than the canned recommendations of the wiki could ever be simply as a matter of format.

Well, at least potentially more useful, there's always that certain element of IT'S NOT WHAT YOU ASKED FOR, BUT...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

We should just have a sticky thread where people write random reviews of whatever they just watched, like we did before the Wiki :v:

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

We should just have a sticky thread where people write random reviews of whatever they just watched, like we did before the Wiki :v:

This would unironically be cool.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

watch random anime based on bingo, and then review them, in the bingo thread

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

i do this already

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

We could call it the anime chat thread.

But really, a "rate the latest thing you've watched" thread might be fun.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
The latest non-seasonal thing, I'd think, or it'd just get clogged with current stuff that's better talked about in the seasonal threads/their own presumably active threads.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

The latest non-seasonal thing, I'd think, or it'd just get clogged with current stuff that's better talked about in the seasonal threads/their own presumably active threads.

rate a show you finished seems fine, no seasonal restrictions needed since I don't think people post a lot of conclusive thoughts elsewhere anyway

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

The anime rec thread consists of people responding to someone's tastes personally, which is more useful than the canned recommendations of the wiki could ever be simply as a matter of format.

Well, at least potentially more useful, there's always that certain element of IT'S NOT WHAT YOU ASKED FOR, BUT...

...k-on

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm up to episode 7 or so of FlipFlappers and I didn't expect the feelings the dementia episode gave me. Didn't think it was the show to broach that subject but it was good.

tagged because it's a recent series and others might be getting on the wagon

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I know Cinema Discusso has a thread like that, it works pretty well. But I feel like it would fall apart a bit if we didn't enforce being at least somewhat serious with the review.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm going to advocate heavily against ratings or scores

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
It's not like you have to score it, just give a review. Talk about what you liked or didn't like. Talk about interesting aspects of the show that make it worth taking/not worth taking a look at.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Namtab posted:

I'm going to advocate heavily against ratings or scores

8/10 post

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Best of 2016

Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou - Chill out
Please Tell Me! Galko-chan - The way it avoids making the characters stereotypical is admirable. A realistic and funny take on puberty.
Thunderbolt Fantasy - A thoroughly enjoyable Wuxia story told with great puppeteering.
Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash - The way the party struggled and overcame it really stuck with me. Also the quiet desperation of the lives in the world at times. And beautiful backgrounds.
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable - Jojos is great, and this is my favorite part. Some of the best characters in all of Jojo.

Lots of great shorts this year. Lot of great anime this year.

Stuff that I also enjoyed:
Sekkou Boys
Keijo!!!!!!!!
Netoge / And You Thought There is Never a Girl Online?
Konosuba
Mayoiga / The Lost Village
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans
Osomatsu-san
Re:Zero
Shokugeki no Soma season 2
Teekyu - s7 & s8

If Mayoiga or Iron Blooded Orphans had a stronger ending, they would have made my list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

This year Jojo:DiU was the best, then Mob Psycho 100, then Shouwa Genroku blah blah... I can never remember the whole name.

Hibike, My Hero Academia, ReZero and Erased were also pretty good.

If Your Name counts that might be like right next to Jojo, I actually went to see it twice in theatres so that has to count for something.

Also Thunderbolt Fantasy was dope but is that anime?????????

• Locked thread