Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Sound! Euphonium 2: KyoAni's excellent animation, strong voice acting, and an engaging cast of characters, backed up by unsparing attention to detail.
Flip Flappers: I've never, ever watched magical girls, but something about the first few episodes really grabbed me, and I had to see it through. There's just a sense of dynamism and spontaneity to it that I really enjoyed, and Cocona and Papika were both great fun to watch in their own ways.
Orange: A story about depression told well, I don't see many of these, and it deserves a spot on the list for that alone. Would've been better if they didn't bother trying to explain the gimmick, though.
Flying Witch: If the brief of a good slice-of-life show can be described as "nothing really happens, but in a really great way," then Flying Witch nails it.
Amanchu!: As the two shows were airing, I might have looked forward to Tanaka-kun more, but this is probably the better show. The slice-of-life vignettes all have a common thread (Teko getting over her shyness) that ties the show together, and it builds toward a clear goal (Teko goes diving!)

Other notables:
Tanaka-kun is Always Listless: The only reason this is here is because we're only supposed to pick five. Wonderfully silly.
Konosuba: Good stupid fun.
Natsume Yuujincho: I divided my time between the new episodes and the old ones, so I can't really say I've seen the whole thing through, but it deserves a shout-out, because it has a lot of heart.
Momokuri: Who knew squeaky-toy noises made such good sound effects?
Sweetness and Lightning: Feel things, eat food. It's a winning formula.

I only watch a few shows a season, so there is of course a ton of good shows I didn't touch.

StandardVC10 fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Dec 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Some Manga That Were Really Good in 2016, Check Them Out Maybe

Kaguya Wants to be Confessed to

A really funny romcom about a rich girl and a smart boy and their keikakus as they try to mindgame each other into confessing their love. Alternative image.

Keijo!!!!!!!!

It didn't make my best of year list as far as anime goes but holy moly I did not expect to enjoy the manga as much as I did. This is some good-rear end sports manga. Skip the anime and read this instead imo.

Golden Kamuy

Winner of the Manga Taisho 2016 award, so you know It's Good. Warning for some gore. If this doesn't get you hyped up for some adventure I don't know what will.

The Private Report on My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness

An autobiographical manga about a woman's experience with depression and, uh, her lesbian experience with loneliness. It's pretty sad, but in a very matter-of-factly and deeply introspective way. It's really good!

My Hero Academia

Hero Academia gets a place on this list because this year it stopped being good and started being pretty loving great and also smart. The year started off pretty meh with the middle and end of the worst arc of the series so far, before immediately proceeding into one of its absolute best and has been phenomenal ever since. Bakugou is our bakuboy.

Helck

Had the chapter with the biggest emotional high any manga got from me this year. It's Helck, we have two different threads with its name plastered over them, it got a goldmined thread. Vamirio is so loving cool.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I don't read a ton of manga but I second the Kaguya recommendation. It's very good!

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Agronox posted:

I don't read a ton of manga but I second the Kaguya recommendation. It's very good!

Thirded. I also second Lesbian Experience with Loneliness. As someone who's struggled with depression and mental health issues (although not nearly to the same extent) it really hits home.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Can confirm that Kaguya and Helck are must reads. I read both of them like a month ago, and they were fantastic.

Also Helck has my chapter of the year, if that chapter did happen this year. I dunno, I binged it.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Can confirm that Kaguya and Helck are must reads. I read both of them like a month ago, and they were fantastic.

Also Helck has my chapter of the year, if that chapter did happen this year. I dunno, I binged it.

It is probably chapter 69, which is the chapter with the emotional high I was referring to. Every now and then when I find some suitably cool music I put that on and re-read the chapter so I can feel the goosebumps all over again.

The first chapter was put up on Batoto on December 23 so almost all of it has been '16 for us.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Terper posted:

It is probably chapter 69, which is the chapter with the emotional high I was referring to. Every now and then when I find some suitably cool music I put that on and re-read the chapter so I can feel the goosebumps all over again.

The first chapter was put up on Batoto on December 23 so almost all of it has been '16 for us.

Yeah it's that one. What a good chapter.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
Read Helck.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Terper posted:

Some Manga That Were Really Good in 2016, Check Them Out Maybe

Kaguya Wants to be Confessed to

A really funny romcom about a rich girl and a smart boy and their keikakus as they try to mindgame each other into confessing their love. Alternative image.

Keijo!!!!!!!!

It didn't make my best of year list as far as anime goes but holy moly I did not expect to enjoy the manga as much as I did. This is some good-rear end sports manga. Skip the anime and read this instead imo.

Golden Kamuy

Winner of the Manga Taisho 2016 award, so you know It's Good. Warning for some gore. If this doesn't get you hyped up for some adventure I don't know what will.

The Private Report on My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness

An autobiographical manga about a woman's experience with depression and, uh, her lesbian experience with loneliness. It's pretty sad, but in a very matter-of-factly and deeply introspective way. It's really good!

My Hero Academia

Hero Academia gets a place on this list because this year it stopped being good and started being pretty loving great and also smart. The year started off pretty meh with the middle and end of the worst arc of the series so far, before immediately proceeding into one of its absolute best and has been phenomenal ever since. Bakugou is our bakuboy.

Helck

Had the chapter with the biggest emotional high any manga got from me this year. It's Helck, we have two different threads with its name plastered over them, it got a goldmined thread. Vamirio is so loving cool.

Terper? more like normier. :cool:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Watching anime is way more normie than reading manga

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Helck is overrated crap.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Turns out I watched exactly 5 anime so:

1 Haven't You Heard? I'm Sakamoto
On an objective level, it's not as good as #2 (MP100), but the entire premise and execution made it much more enjoyable to me.

2 Mob Psycho 100
Extremely good, it's the number one recommendation (alongside other anime like Jojo and OPM) I like to give for unique watching experiences. I rank it above DiU for having more cohesive writing and the very good animation.

3 JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
Jojo is good and Diamond is Unbreakable delivered quality in spades.

4 Sweetness and Lightning
Extremely adorable and delicious. Not as wild and insane as the top 3, but it's a nice, easy going anime about cooking and am I a sucker for anything food-related.

5 Dagashi Kashi
It's a funny candy commercial. Perhaps even... the best candy commercial anime???

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i thought maybe just maybe, my picks wouldn't be all talked out by the time i posted...but i guess not. so here's a halfhearted attempt

1. Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju - i binged this in like a day, oops. really cool topic that was totally foreign to me, and the characters are all great. i can't believe i love yakumo now...

2. Haikyuu - hell, this is probably the best modern sports anime and in the running for one of the best sports anime ever. really great characters complemented by loving masterful direction and sound design that can build and sustain tension as well as totally blowing it out for a climax.

3. Osomatsu-san - with my other candidate for best 2016 comedy getting a second season i can vote for later, i had to give osomatsu some love. it was kind of a slow burn for me, but the back half was insanely good. s2 when??? (after Classicaloid, i guess)

4. Yuri on ice - i had the highest hopes for this show going in for all sorts of reasons, and it mostly delivered. some stellar skating animation and character writing for the three leads was unfortunately undercut by declining production quality and relatively shallow side characters. the ending came off too rushed and a little half baked given the insane emotional climax that occurred two eps before. so it's low on my top five, but i couldn't not give it a place for being such a lovely show from music to costumes to the portrayal of skating and athletic passion, all topped off with some sweet boys to fawn with/over.

5. Haruchika - i could've chosen other shows that maybe more objectively deserve this (or a higher) spot but gently caress it!!! this show was a ton of fun and held together by two great leads who worked even better together, and while it wasn't some sorta Hyoukaphonium fusion, i quite liked the payoffs to each mystery and some were just downright great in their presentation (the aunt's experience with a cult) or improbability (the money house). it's me, i'm the Haruta apologist.

Honorable Mentions
Saiki Kusuo, Glass Mask Year 3 Class D, Miss Bernard Said, Oshiete Galko-chan, Gakuen Handsome, Kiitaro's Picture Diary, Sekkou Boys, Tonkatsu DJ Agetaro - 2016 may be The Year of The Short. So many excellent ones, and Saiki nearly made my list.

Flip Flappers - even when this show was disappointing me, it never lasted long and i still came out the other side loving it. really lovely ending and it's great to see a project like this get made.

Handa-kun - so, so, so, so unfairly maligned! Handa-kun definitely isn't Barakamon and i won't defend the first ten minutes of episode 1, but beyond that misconception and fault, respectively, it was an incredibly strong comedy. For my money, it took the same formula as Sakamoto and presented it much more interestingly/humorously and also looked good! i sincerely hope people will give it a try beyond the first episode.

Time Travel Girl - the show that killed futa. with ugly character designs, serviceable animation, and focus on teaching grade school science/history, it's not really a show i can recommend. yet the show's embrace of ridiculous possibilities in its time travel plot made for some entertaining moments and an overall endearing experience.

Scorching Ping Pong Girls - even though this show was a little too lewd at points, it was the only sports show this season with SPORTS POWERS, which is always a huge selling point for me. the characters are mostly simple but there are some standout designs and the co-leads/main rivals definitely shine in terms of their motivation and SPORTS PASSiON. and even though it was kinda part of the lewdness, it was really cool to see a sports anime just have people really sweat. rounding things out, there was some stellar animation in this show and i'm locking in the soundtrack as my favorite of the year.

Poco's Udon World - gotta say the ending to this one felt off, but i really enjoyed it otherwise. following Souta's journey to reconciliation with his dad was great, and a few other characters got their share of time in the spotlight along the way (Hiroshiii~~~). for my money, this was the better dad show between it and S&L.

Gundam Thunderbolt: December Sky - god this was soul-crushing. great-looking movie with a refreshing soundtrack that contrasts jazz and pop ballads in a way that mirrors the conflict between the two leads. despite being UC Gundam it felt really self-contained, and even would've worked without the upcoming s2. it's complicated to really break down my "enjoyment" of this, but it's just very well crafted and works in that typical early gundam way by showing you a wide spectrum of people entering into, being changed by, and spat back out of armed conflict.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
i feel like i am missing some context in the phrase 'Time Travel Girl - the show that killed futa'

is it the kind of context that can even be explained according to forum rules, though

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Gyra_Solune posted:

i feel like i am missing some context in the phrase 'Time Travel Girl - the show that killed futa'

is it the kind of context that can even be explained according to forum rules, though

there is a boy named futa who is hit in the chest by a baseball and goes into cardiac arrest. i was streaming the show for a handful of goons so we all had a good laugh and it's fun to reference.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

dogsicle posted:

there is a boy named futa who is hit in the chest by a baseball and goes into cardiac arrest. i was streaming the show for a handful of goons so we all had a good laugh and it's fun to reference.

did the batter score?

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

dogsicle posted:

oh pff

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Stexils posted:

did the batter score?

futa was busy playing on the soccer team so i'm gonna assume it was a foul ball

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
1) Hibike! Euphonium 2

This show is just gorgeous in every way. There was no show I wanted a sequel to more than eupho 1, and I got it. Immaculate visuals, great great great voice acting, moving drama... it was just fantastic on every level. I prefer the first season for being more focused (and for having a better OP/ED), but still, there's no question that this tops this year's list.

2) Love Live! Sunshine!!

It's no secret that I love live, but I've always acknowledged the weaknesses of the OG anime. Sunshine addresses most of those: the cast act more like friends, the humor is better and more varied, the drama is spread out and foreshadowed rather than dropping like a bomb in the last few episodes, and I like all the characters. It's not without its flaws, most notably eternally-moody Kanan and the bizarre choice to make the last episode of a one cour show mostly a recap, but it's cute and funny and pretty (the hair! the eyes!) and I love it.

3) Flip Flappers

FLIP FLAP FLIP FLAP
I was tempted to leave it at that, but that would be doing this incredible show a disservice. Flipflaps is cute, and colorful, and imaginative, and it's got great action, great romance, and an absolutely phenomenal ED. I love it. I preferred its early "two girls falling in love as they go on wacky episodic adventures" episodes to its latter half, but the latter half was still good, and the ending was solid.

4) Haikyuu!!

The volleyboys! If I'd watched the first season in whichever year that aired it probably would have been on my list, and the second season topped it in every way. The third season was also fantastic, but might have lost out to my honorable mention below by itself. Haikyuu is quite simply the best traditional sports anime I've ever seen. Engaging characters, amazing animation, tense matches, a great sense of progression, good comedic interludes, and dorky boys I want to see flirt with each other. It conveys speed better than any other animation I can think of. Its only real competition, sports anime-wise, is Chihayafuru, and that's quite different in many ways, so I'm going to excuse myself from putting one over the other.

5) Macross Delta

The latter half of Delta was very flawed, so much so that I ended up pausing around episode 20 for half a year. The ending was good and fun, but by the end the show was unfocused and not much was resolved. HOWEVER, the beginning was just so much fun that I still love the show. The first ep is my favorite first episode of an anime since Star Driver's. It's all just so much fun! The music, the characters, the dancing robot, the fun alien worlds, I love it. Hayate and Freyja are just too cute together! If the second cour could have lived up to the first, this would have probably been up there with eupho. Alas. At least I'll always have Ikenai BORDERLINE.

Honorable mention to Flying Witch, just barely edged out of this list. It was amazingly chill and cute, and it would have set a new bar for chill SoL if NNB didn't already exist.

Shoutouts to good-anime-I-haven't-finished-yet-but-might-otherwise-have-been-contenders Osomatsu-san, Tonkotsu DJ Agetarou, and Yuri on Ice.

Yes_Cantaloupe fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Dec 30, 2016

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
#1 Haikyuu Season 2: Season 2 improved on an already terrific show in pretty much every way. The way our team bounced off each other and the new characters, leading to their individual and group evolution was handled wonderfully. The show's necessary still frames and internal dialogues are picked and timed better giving everything a much more dynamic feel even when it's not going all out. I thought the additions to the music were solid too, some really stirring stuff will kick in mid-play and everything happening on screen just sings. Go watch Haikyuu today

#2 Haikyuu Season 3: They did such a wonderful job of impressing on you that this is an Important Match, and not just to our team because they're playing their school's old rival or because they have a personal history with their opponents. People outside of Karasuno's friends and family are paying attention to this and it gives the already thrilling season a real weight.

#3 Yuri on Ice: Vibrant, stylish, a relatively unusual topic and very affecting. I need more Sayo Yamamoto shows now please. Cannot wait to re-watch when the blurays are out.

#4 Flying Witch: This was such a delight to just, sit and absorb. Really beautiful environmental art, a charming and funny cast and an endearingly casual attitude towards the supernatural elements.

#5 Hibike Euphonium Season 2: Gosh, what a powerful show, I really enjoyed where they took this season. The performance of the VAs was just incredible and really helped fully realise these wonderfully flawed characters.

Not quite Top 5
Amanchu:
I really enjoy sleepy and easygoing nature-focused shows and this was an excellent example of one, Teko's journey discovering the joy of diving and friendship and her sick Red Light, Green Light skills was a real treat to experience.

Lupin III 2015/Part 4 : Outside of Woman Called Mine Fujiko I don't have much experience with the Lupin shows/movies but this season stands strong on it's own and I would definitely recommend everyone check it out, it's an excellent show full of stylish, exciting and lively crime capers. Some of the arcs didn't quite make the impact they probably should have but the majority of the episodes were extremely fun and god, that OST is wonderful. Love that ED

Myriad Colours Phantom World: There was a real playfulness to this show that really appealed to me, a willingness to just be goofy and pretty low-stakes while still being an extremely pretty action show. Not every episode blew me away but there was enough of them that I really thoroughly enjoyed that it deserves a shout out. The bunny house, the limbo competition with the neglected telephone poles and the summoned familiars are still some of my favourite things from anime this year.

Thinking about this list makes me want to re-watch all of these, so... I might... go do that... right now.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I feel like Lupin would hAve made more lists if not for the fact it just sort of floated around awhile without any licebsing deal

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

I feel like Lupin would hAve made more lists if not for the fact it just sort of floated around awhile without any licebsing deal

for me i didn't put it on because i found the second cour to be much weaker, particularly in how Rebecca was used and the dumb final confrontation with DaVinci. still worth watching though, especially for that prison break episode lol.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
This really was a fantastic year for anime, reading through y'all's lists I keep seeing things I wish there was room on my list for.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

El Burbo posted:

1. Mob Psycho 100

2. Osomatsu-san

3. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable

Burbo's a normie... I always suspected as much.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Now hold on a second, I can explain

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

*Looks at the 50 tabs I have open to various batoto pages*

I was busy.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Thank God for all the shorts I watched this year or else I would have had to list Jojo's by default

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

osomatsu isnt a normie show so he has immunity

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

66% normie, 34% fujo

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

dogsicle posted:

66% normie, 34% fujo

According to an Ann article all three of those were more popular with women than men in Japan

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The fujoshi takeover is complete.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

According to an Ann article all three of those were more popular with women than men in Japan

its because fujoshi have the good taste

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

its because fujoshi have the good taste

Yah

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

GorfZaplen posted:

Special shout out to the 91 Days road trip ep as my favorite individual episode of the year

It was really good, and set the stage so beautifully for the rest of the show. poo poo going down wouldn't have been nearly as effective without it.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

GorfZaplen posted:

The fujoshi takeover is complete.

Thank goodness.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Some spoilers over the results so far:

- 68 posters have voted so far. I don't know when voting closes, but this is kinda low compared to prior years.
- Votes are very spread out (52 titles have at least 1 Top5 vote!), due to the higher number of quality of shows this year. This is further highlighted by the low number of voters.
- The 1st place vote is mostly locked up, but 2 through 17(!) are all pretty close.

Get your votes in!

a computing pun
Jan 1, 2013
I have a dilemma.

1. I didn't like very many shows this year, but I can't just vote for Thunderbolt Fantasy five times. It was just plain fun unrealistic beautifully done action. Reminded me of a slightly less good Gurren Lagann. Without mechs. And with puppets.
2. So I guess Re:Zero can have a pity vote as well. It was pretty good at being emotionally intense until it screwed it all up in the final arc.

...that's all.

Webcormac McCarthy
Nov 26, 2007
Watched way to many good shows this year, so I'll pick the first 5 that stand out. Another day and this list could be completely different. In no particular order:

Hibike! Euphonium 2: They don't do drama like this too often. Compelling.
Re:Zero: Strongest case of Is-it-next-week-yet-itis since Code Geass.
Thunderbolt Fantasy: Only just beat Jojo as the stylish action show of the year in my book, all the characters were just so memorable and loveable :allears:
Koyomimonogatari: Pity vote, but I do love self-contained mysteries and monogatari's trademark dialogue heavy expositions.
Kuromukuro: I really enjoyed this light-hearted high school robot show with sprinklings of Evangelion references, it was just a breeze to watch.

I would have put Jojo on there but everyone is voting for Hillary anyway, how could Trump possibly win?
Mob Psycho 100 as well but I've yet to find the effort to finish it

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Everyone saying it's been such a great year but while there's still a few series I haven't gotten around to watching, what I have seen has mostly felt mediocre. Passable. Nothing I'm going to run out and buy on blu-ray with perhaps one exception.

5. Tawawa on Monday - This is more an honourable mention than anything, in appreciation of all the pictures of blue office lady with baps.
4. Flying Witch - Nice show. Plenty relaxing.
3. Mob Psycho 100 - Sure, it was funny, but the humour built around the premise of an all powerful protaganist with a grounded attitude just invites too many comparisons to One Punch.
2. Tanaka-kun is Always Listless - This was a genuinely enjoyable show thanks to its cast of interesting characters used to good effect.
1. Ojisan to Marshmallow - This is it. The one series that I'm going to actually remember exists in a year or two. Almost as good as shorts from previous years like Tonari no Seki-kun or Wakakozake.

Maybe something else like Keijo!!!!!!! or Space Patrol Luluco will redeem this year but I haven't gotten around to them yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
5. Shakunetsu no Takkyuu Musume
aka Scorching Ping Pong Girls. this show puts the moe in 'moeru', if you feel me. it's fired up as gently caress. the cast is literally colorful and everyone has their own compelling motivations to ping the pongs. i want to cheer them all on.
side awards: most contagious smile of 2016, best vocalized onomatopoeia

4. New Game!
Manga Time Kirara powerhouse of the year. extremely fluffy, with a vibrant workplace setting extrapolated from the author's experiences in game development. aoba x hifumi best pair

3. Hibike Euphonium
super strong character drama with exemplary kyoani animation that makes the most out of every moment. not a dead visual moment occurs in the show; there's always either action, or body language to support the speaking

2.Flip Flappers
this show rules. talented director, beautiful settings, fanciful and heartwarming first half, and a second half that brings everything together with heart and power and butterflies. shout--out to the staff at studio pablo, who make background goodly. yayaka best girl, called it from the start

1. Girls und Panzer der Film
counts as 2016 in my heart. the movie isn't complete until Arisu War anyway.
GuP translated onto cinema format amazingly well. i can't get enough of the transition between the silly practice skirmish and the huge battle with everything on the line. this movie handles all the character gags amazingly and then uses these same traits as guerilla tactics to upturn the university-team behemoths (saki-chan unspoken MVP). the girls are full of surprises all the way through and the whole movie is high octane. it's cute and silly and no one is in danger, but you still feel the stakes as friendly tanks fall one by one. if you have good headphones this movie is also sex in your ears with a great soundtrack (returning national themes are good. finnish polka is awesome. arisu's theme used and then arranged twice is the best.), amazing tank sfx and shell cracking, and NEKONYAAA

also, a pattern in the top 5: yuri is good, everyone

Honorable Mentions

Aria the Avvenire
I'm very glad this epilogue was able to happen. It's a very strong capstone to the storylines of the Aria company with powerful, nostalgic moments. Athena.... ;_;

Brave Witches
it impresses me how strong the franchise is still going a decade later, and the growth shows. Much of the fanservice-based episodic content from its predecessor is dropped and instead the setting and lore play a much stronger part in setting up characters. Hikari also surprised me with her role as a write-in protagonist because while half the runtime is dedicated to her struggle, she works hard to earn her place among her peers and not above them. She's the focal character but doesn't need to be justified by prodigal talent. It's very much a show about the team as a whole and I'd be pleased if they do another season now that they've really come together.

Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!
very funny show with a cast of idiots. the team at DEEN play a smart game with their animation where off-model moments only reinforce how dorky the characters are. explosions

Ange Vierge
this show is dumb and campy and I loved it all. super fun adaption of a mobage i'll never play.

Gi(a)rlish Number
Played out a bit too cleanly for what seemed like it was gonna be a dramatic show with a bunch of jerks, but the messages in the show resonate with me as an anime fan and everyone was lovable. glad i watched it

Space Flower fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Dec 30, 2016

• Locked thread