Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Agronox posted:

I don't read a ton of manga but I second the Kaguya recommendation. It's very good!

Thirded. I also second Lesbian Experience with Loneliness. As someone who's struggled with depression and mental health issues (although not nearly to the same extent) it really hits home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

5. Snow White with the Red Hair s2 - I really enjoyed s1, and the second season did not disappoint.

4. Flying Witch - An incredibly chill and beautiful show, definitely SoL of the year.

3.Konosuba - Just a really funny comedy about a bunch of idiot assholes, made me laugh on the regular.

2. Flip Flappers - A really colorful and inventive adventure show. Even if I, like many others, feel it lost a bit in the second half I still found it ultimately satisfying.

1. Concrete Revolutio: the Last Song - Anyone who's spoken to me in the last year knows this was gonna end up my number 1 show of the year. From how it looks to how its story is told to the music to the themes I cannot sing this show's praises enough. I love basically everything about it and I'll probably still be talking about it for years to come.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Willsun posted:

To be fair I guess anime isn't the right place to look for what I want in a romance/drama series anymore because all the things I don't want would happen in a Japanese high school setting and that's pretty much where they all take place.

I just wish there was another Honey and Clover where people are at least college-aged and there's more going on in their lives besides "homework and other than that we can just screw around." Speaking of Honey and Clover, how close is March Comes in Like a Lion to Honey and Clover other than that it's drawn/written by the same lady? Everyone's saying good things about it in here and I'm curious how it measures up.

You should read Bonnouji. This is both an answer to your specific problem and good advice for anyone, at any point in their life.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

We should just have a sticky thread where people write random reviews of whatever they just watched, like we did before the Wiki :v:

This would unironically be cool.

• Locked thread