Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Libluini posted:

:stare:

This is so horrifying on so many levels. So what over here would be considered unprofessional, unethical and end up with the doctor facing multiple charges, losing his job and hopefully in prison, is actually a thing in the Land of the Free? This is disgusting!

If a doctor asked me to consent to this thing being done to my partner, I'd commit straight-up murder. I would just grab his dumb-rear end stereoscope and strangle that motherfucker. Seriously, I can not get over this, it's like something out of a horror movie.

To be honest, if SA hadn't made me numb and cynical to human assholery, I'd not believe this.

This post talks about sexual assault among doctors in some detail. Do not click the spoiler/links if you are sensitive to issues of sexual assault.

This is the psychotic country where doctors who actively rape and molest patients, nurses and other coworkers continue to practice unpunished because we don't have enough doctors to replace them if they were fired and punished. There was a big article about how fundamentally broken the doctor establishment is with regards to treatment of female patients and staff and how rampant and unreported and unaddressed sexual assault and harassment is and will continue to be because nobody cares.

Like, doctors carving their initials into patients while they were under anesthetic because they thought she was hot, or other such insanity, and still being allowed to practice afterwards with no meaningful punishment.

Edit:

http://doctors.ajc.com/doctors_sex_abuse/?ecmp=doctorssexabuse_microsite_nav

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/health/sexual-assault-by-doctors

Lightning Knight fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Jan 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

botany posted:

what the gently caress

i'm actually at a loss for words

Libluini posted:

:stare: What the gently caress?!! Those should all be in prison, how hosed up is your legal system that criminals can just go :lol: "There aren't enough people working in my profession, you can't convict me!"

When that article first came out I asked my girlfriend if she had any inkling of such things and she was like yup, that's why I have a female doctor. I was floored.

That, gentlemen, is male privilege. I get to go to the doctor and don't ever once think, gee, I hope my doctor doesn't rape me this time.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Example of forced episiotomy (the medical term for what TB referenced) happening recently: https://improvingbirth.org/2015/06/preview-woman-charges-ob-with-assault-battery-for-forced-episiotomy/

Article discussing the procedure and others and whether women need them during childbirth: https://www.google.com/amp/s/saludmovil.com/episiotomy-husband-stitch-tear-labor/amp/?client=safari

Basically, they used to think it had a wider practical purpose, but as of 2006 it is no longer recommended and the rate of occurrence declined sharply. It does serve medical purposes in some cases and happens with informed consent, but there are also documented cases of doctors doing it without consent.

This is like the first two Google hits LeJackal.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

LeJackal posted:

"Wow, the systemic abuses committed by doctors need to be stopped."

*is apologist and denier*

I gave you two articles backing up what TB said, which you are doubting in a context where doubting victims' credibility is literally one of the biggest systemic problems.

Also you posted unspoiled sexual assault details.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Goa Tse-tung posted:

gem? seriously?

Sexual assault, a real diamond in the rough you see.

Rakosi posted:

I'm not even mad at anyone. I'm really confused at the sudden and uncalled for vitriol. For the record, I was referring to your reaction to me, not to your reaction to the other guy. You flipped your poo poo big stylie at me, for saying "Go plan your next rape" was probably an inopportune choice of words, and that is odd.

If this dude is an arch-nazi-anti-feminist I am utterly unaware, but I would've thought my attempt and contributing to some conversations here would've at least given me half a second of benefit of doubt. Apparently not.

LeJackal is a known gimmick poster who likes to be contrarian and weird about poo poo, especially but not exclusively gun politics. Him waltzing into the feminism thread to tell TB, a woman, that she's silly and making things up, while me, a good upstanding man, gave good information, is preposterously patronizing. That what she was talking about is easily provable makes it even funnier.

Edit: oh and yeah unspoiled rape accounts he had to edit out because he's an idiot.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Rakosi posted:

Thank you for the heads up and that explanation. For the record, I never saw any unspoiled version.

It was a block quote.

Again, men, feminism 101: don't be like rawr silly women you're wrong/I don't believe you, then magically change your mind when a man says it. :eng101:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Edit: no, no this isn't contributing.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
The best protest signs from today's march.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

botany posted:

oh my god those are absolutely amazing!

This machine kills fascists. :black101:

I also absolutely love that they're taking the Reagan iconography of "tear down this wall" and shoving it back in Trump's face. Given that he needs to take the mantle of Reagan to gain legitimacy on the right, it's smart imo.

Protest sick burn signs are overall on point today. Mission Accomplished, ladies. :patriot:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

stone cold posted:

I liked the kids with the my two mom signs :3:

:3:

The "keep your tiny hands off my rights" sign might be the most scorching burn tho. :stare:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

MariusLecter posted:

What are you even trying to say grognan? Could you please take the time to articulate your thoughts in a coherent manner?

We could also ignore the rear end in a top hat propagating lovely conspiracy theories about other posters and actively ignoring multiple links proving what was being discussed is true in favor of talking about, oh, I dunno, feminism?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

I haven't read this yet to know how patronizing it is but "men learn how much work women do when they all peace out and appreciate how important women are" is a pretty good story imo.

The other one is trash tho.

• Locked thread