Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alvie
May 22, 2008

Trick Question posted:

Hmm, I must've missed a letter somewhere, since I have no idea how you'd say "cat". Are there more than 16? I never did reach the teleporter in the enclosed room in the nethack/DROD section.

There are 17 runes to get. The one you're missing is a diamond, which looks like a gem and is hidden in a bunch of gems but I forget where. Maybe the gem factory. I can see you referenced that one in your original post even. Missed that the first time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
e: ^^^ what he said

Trick Question posted:

Hmm, I must've missed a letter somewhere, since I have no idea how you'd say "cat". Are there more than 16? I never did reach the teleporter in the enclosed room in the nethack/DROD section.
There are 18 letters; "cat" is the diamond one. The frog and the cat are in love, and you have to help him sort out... whatever their issue is, presumably with a ring or something.

e2: what the gently caress just happened

Trick Question
Apr 9, 2007

Alvie posted:

There are 17 runes to get. The one you're missing is a diamond, which looks like a gem and is hidden in a bunch of gems but I forget where. Maybe the gem factory. I can see you referenced that one in your original post even. Missed that the first time.

It was exactly as you said. Thanks!

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I'm at the fourth game, SPAXRIS, just managed to get past the quiz and into the game proper and uh, can I save my game? If I quit am I going to have to start all over? Help I want to play this game in more than one sitting.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
I think it auto-saves. When you look at the Load menu, you should see an entry with a question mark at the end; that's your Frog Fractions save.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I just lost at MOBA Simulator 2016 and... how... how long is this game...???

UScr00ge
Mar 15, 2001

8 hours-ish from what I've heard from streamers who completed it.

edit: The whole FF2 game, not just the MOBA sim. Not sure how long that part is by itself....I'm taking my time and relishing the Carmen Sandigo section.

UScr00ge fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Dec 29, 2016

Soho Joe
Aug 11, 2006

the torment of existence
weighed against
the horror of nonbeing
Nap Ghost
I'm stuck at a screen with only [CALIBRATE] and [REFRESH MICS] as options and I don't have a real mic to sing into or whatever, it says Rock Band mics are recommended.

What am I even trying to do with this one?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Soho Joe posted:

I'm stuck at a screen with only [CALIBRATE] and [REFRESH MICS] as options and I don't have a real mic to sing into or whatever, it says Rock Band mics are recommended.

What am I even trying to do with this one?

Get a mic.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
i think i broke the gem factory screen by pushing one of the crates into the water and then i hosed up and pushed another crate too far and reset to try to fix it but i cant get back to the second crate without the first crate being in place so im stuck. rip

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
If you hosed up you can always hit yourself or restart from the last save, the puzzles restart if you leave the screen don't they?

I beat this game before the jig was up and took me about 10 hours missing two purple things, I absolutely liked everything about it though, even the glittermore game is pretty cool and has some interesting game play.

Fredrik1 fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Dec 29, 2016

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

puzzles restart except for when you put crates in the water they stay in the water forever i think. the things still broken after doing one of the minigames

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Not really seeing how it's possible to put that room in an impassable state, you don't need to push a single box into the water or use a single box for anything?

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

want t oget the crate from the centipede room up there and one of the crates from the lower centipede room out so i can push them in the water and get the doohickey at the bottom left but the pusher contraption breaks without the first crate in it, and i cant make that crate come back out of the water i think.
if i didnt already have the rune thing from the right of the room it would be a problem probably but i just wanna see if theres anything across the water

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I've managed to get the frog to use the pear on the gorilla, but I'm not sure what to do about the cat in the wedding dress. What does the character between "Crate" and "Me" do, also?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

violent sex idiot posted:

want t oget the crate from the centipede room up there and one of the crates from the lower centipede room out so i can push them in the water and get the doohickey at the bottom left but the pusher contraption breaks without the first crate in it, and i cant make that crate come back out of the water i think.
if i didnt already have the rune thing from the right of the room it would be a problem probably but i just wanna see if theres anything across the water

You're missing an item that makes getting that incredibly obvious.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

violent sex idiot posted:

there's a much easier way to access the doohickey in the bottom left. you'll need the purple key and optionally the glowing sword powerup, although if you're smart you can figure it out without it. There's a purple key elsewhere on the map, although it's in a semi-hidden location near a tree.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

I've managed to find all of the purple symbols, except for the purple [. Any idea on where to find it?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I beat the game. The frog language puzzle was super legit and I felt super smart figuring it out.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

XavierGenisi posted:

I've managed to find all of the purple symbols, except for the purple [. Any idea on where to find it?

It's in one of the church's windows.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Where is the purple up arrow symbol? It's the only one I'm missing

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Tekopo posted:

Where is the purple up arrow symbol? It's the only one I'm missing
Never mind found it!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
So in the cockroach room and the church, there's yellow candles. Can't get the one one in the cockroach room because I forgot to after finishing SPARXIS or whatever and the sword blocks that path and you can't jump high enough in the church for the other one. Are these important? They look like candles.

Steam forums say something about trying it with the bridge, we'll see.

edit

Yep, bridge did it. Also, lost it at the name of the bassist.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Dec 31, 2016

Macavity
Jun 29, 2006

There never was a cat of such deceitfulness and suavity.
Fun Shoe

alcharagia posted:

I beat the game. The frog language puzzle was super legit and I felt super smart figuring it out.

I loved this puzzle, haven't actually written things out on a notecard to solve a video game thing in a long time. The fact that you have no way of knowing if it's possible to solve you may not have found the right words yet, but you don't know that, or even how many words there are is pretty old-school gaming brutal, though.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Got everything except the last "i" in the church, is there some trick to getting up high enough to grab it?

edit, got it. Didn't know you could use your sword as a platform.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Dec 31, 2016

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!
I got to ask Jim Crawford a few questions about his history with ZZT and what made him decide to make it the basis of Frog Fractions 2: https://pokyfriends.com/blog/36/an-interview-with-jim-crawford-frog-fractions-2-and-zzt

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Dr. Dos posted:

I got to ask Jim Crawford a few questions about his history with ZZT and what made him decide to make it the basis of Frog Fractions 2: https://pokyfriends.com/blog/36/an-interview-with-jim-crawford-frog-fractions-2-and-zzt

I was wondering about this lol (obviously) -- what's up man

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

Fucking blocks... I'm gonna climb the shit outta you!
I feel like Frog Fractions 2 is maybe a good meme but not a good game. The humor is very LOLRANDOM, the minigames are really hit or miss and TXT world is frustrating, has sparse clever bits and is too reliant on "gotcha" moments.

High Points: Toaster, SPAXRIS, Biker Chicks
Low Points: Shave Obama. (if you don't think the very concept is hilarious then there's nothing here, and it goes on at least two rounds too long)

I am a little torn. I can't say I regret backing it but I can't recommend it.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

No OSX version, no sale.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

geri_khan posted:

by contrast, i can say i regret backing it and i also can't recommend it

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

the frog language thing is deffo a high point for me

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!

goferchan posted:

I was wondering about this lol (obviously) -- what's up man

I have a bot that tweets random ZZT boards from z2 and a Patreon to make a new z2 and write about ZZT games and Tim Sweeney is a backer :swoon:

https://twitter.com/worldsofzzt

kaleidolia
Apr 25, 2012

geri_khan posted:

I feel like Frog Fractions 2 is maybe a good meme but not a good game. The humor is very LOLRANDOM, the minigames are really hit or miss and TXT world is frustrating, has sparse clever bits and is too reliant on "gotcha" moments.

High Points: Toaster, SPAXRIS, Biker Chicks
Low Points: Shave Obama. (if you don't think the very concept is hilarious then there's nothing here, and it goes on at least two rounds too long)

It also really half-asses the connective tissue. I kept feeling like the minigames were all made for something else and repurposed, because they have little to do with anything else (save for the Korn thing in the Inferno, I guess). The individual bits are neat, but as a whole it's a mess.

I mean, I like it, but there's not a whole lot to it.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

Dr. Dos posted:

I have a bot that tweets random ZZT boards from z2 and a Patreon to make a new z2 and write about ZZT games and Tim Sweeney is a backer :swoon:

This game made me realize ZZT games are actually cool. If there was some program to bring the whole thing into the 21st century, that'd be something.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Pollyanna posted:

No OSX version, no sale.

I kickstarted this before I knew.

I never knew...

I... never...

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Dr. Dos posted:

Yeah I just realized that! I love the breakdowns of ZZT games, I read through the Pop one last night. Definitely gonna follow, thanks man

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Blattdorf posted:

This game made me realize ZZT games are actually cool. If there was some program to bring the whole thing into the 21st century, that'd be something.

ZZT is amazing and people are still cranking stuff out

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

So this is on PS4 too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!

Blattdorf posted:

Archive.org has them playable in browser (you'll probably want to use control+F12 to increase the emulated CPU cycles, and even then it can still be a bit finicky)

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos_zzt

• Locked thread