Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Man, it seems like there could be a lot of micromanagement on the resource-gathering end. I suppose I'll have to see it in operation in actual missions to know for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Do enemies get one god power per Age, same as you? Or can they just spam out half a dozen of them on later maps?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I understand the idea of tech levels but the names seem weird in a story-campaign context.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Dang, that is some ridiculous sea rampage. I suppose it needs some units already out there to power the Scyllas up for maximum tidal roll?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I kind of like getting a cut-rate junior hero as a helper. Odysseus was really more of an expert sneaksguy than a killer anyway, right?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It always feels a little dirty to just wreck enemy structures and have them not notice until you cross a line.

Though I suppose it reflects the amount of attention you can pay as a human player, too...

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It's interesting hearing you talk and seeing you demonstrate the precise food and worker strategies to speedrun.

Looking forward to the Sam & Max-less version of this mission where you don't free-associate a wooden horse.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Melth posted:

I think that's three people now who thought the way they came up with the horse was a problem with the script. I never had an issue with it myself so I'm curious what you guys think is wrong with it.

It's not that by itself it's bad, it's that rapid-fire leaps of logic are often done for comedic purposes, as seen here (you can stop watching at the credits).

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Whoa, dang. Are you going to have an underground adventure next?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Ah. So the underworld is a giant bouncy castle. Everything makes sense now!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
A mad escape from every underworld at once sounds like a neater idea than it turned out to be in practice, it seems.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Cheap heroes and they heal? What's the balancing factor on Egyptian priests?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Amazing stealth insertion there. That was quality.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
What if all mythological struggles were periodically broken up for sportsball and kart racing, but nobody ever wrote it down because it all seemed so obvious after those Egyptian fellows spelled it out?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Huh. It strikes me that one problem with having a throughline story through the mythologies is that Atlantis boy's got to be there for the whole thing. And will end up getting captured or disabled so some other mythology's units have their time to shine.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Give me a micro strong enough and a place to stand, and I shall move the earth. Nicely done.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
What's Poseidon got against Zeus? I suppose he and Cronus are both planning on the ol' backstab tango at the end to take control of everything?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So, can I ask for a slight spoiler? Are you ever going to have to build a proper Egyptian base?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I like that you had to bring your peasants to harvest the giant tree. You don't see nearly enough peasants being important to objectives these days, except as a foundation for infrastructure.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I like how attacks make clinking sounds against bronze skin. Are there metallic units that also sound like that when they get hit?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It may just be because you've pushed this game to its limits but at times it seems like they drastically underestimated the effects of a solid offense.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It's interesting how different they tried to make the development of these mythologies feel. The Norse are especially interesting - am I right in guessing the ox cart doesn't need to return to drop the resources, they're available the second they hit the wagon?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So what influences how fast the enemy techs up, anyhow? A fixed timer at mission start or when you accomplish certain objectives?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Ragnarok lives up to its name pretty well, I'd say. Usually it's a bit underwhelming but that really feels like all-or-nothing end-of-the-world stuff.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Is it ever a concern or an advantage in this game to chop down enough forest that you open a path for yourself or your enemy?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So, uh... was this meant to get you used to how the Norse armies operate, or?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Wow. That Valkyrie. I mean, on one hand, you're later in the campaign, it makes sense to power up your core. On the other hand, our boy Arkantos is getting himself into bigger and bigger company.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
How many units can breach walls like that one hero, or is she the only warrior-jumper?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Man, especially after the clowning you've been putting on this game, a cinematic loss is just a bad joke.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I like that it actually ended up being possible for you to go clear out the base in the time they gave you to survive. Self-imposed challenges like that are pretty great when the game doesn't shut them down with bullshit defense cannons or whatever.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
The unitless solution to transport was the linchpin there, that's pretty great. Do you think they gave much thought to god powers when they were designing missions?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Is Arkantos now an available god to worship? It'd be an interesting reward for completing the story campaign.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Do you need to deal siege damage to the underworld entrances or do they fall pretty readily to any kind of damage?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It's nice that they were actually able to get some good storytelling out of their maps. Fuckin' Folstag, anyhow.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Good luck getting everything back up and running! That was a neat little blockade run you did there, nicely tactical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Is the AI bug present only in this mission, or does it exist elsewhere in the scenarios as well, waiting to strike?

• Locked thread