Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
That's a weird way to say Loki or Ra :colbert:

Glazius posted:

Man, it seems like there could be a lot of micromanagement on the resource-gathering end. I suppose I'll have to see it in operation in actual missions to know for sure.

Its not that bad once you get out of the early ages. Though when you're first starting setting it all up can take a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

You should just be happy that such a thing as a laser crocodile exists!

:colbert:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Your commentary seems perfectly fine to me

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Nice job.

I never realized that Scyllas were so good. I usually take Aphrodite because I prefer economic upgrades in general, and am not a fan of water and cavalry units.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Yeah, mouse clicks aren't important. Don't bother putting them back in

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Wait, the Chinese are made up of a bunch of Persian/Byzantine units like cataphracts? That doesn't make sense, unless the campaign takes place halfway down the silk road as an expedition. Steppe cavalry is fine though.

I think going for a North African Zoarastrian style campaign would have made more sense. It's mostly extinct and rarely explored so there would be a lot to work with.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

wiegieman posted:

Egypt doesn't use soldiers to defend, they use towers and walls laser crocodiles.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

But why would you ever NOT use laser crocodiles? :confused:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Why? Nobody but speed runners want to cheese single player games. And that population is tiny. Other bugs and balancing issues would have to take priority.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Oh, hey. An AoM update. I wonder if this mission will be 15 mins, or maybe even 10. Let's see the vide....

Oh

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Zore posted:

I have immense nostalgia for Impossible Creatures and Rise of Legends for their unique mechanics and settings even if they're a bit janky.

Both are highly enjoyable, but could be better yeah. But if you want a good game that's really janky, look no farther than Perimeter. Balls hard and weird as gently caress, but it is surprisingly deep and fun.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Por que no los dos?

If its not too much then make the short video on the side, otherwise show us the more normal way.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

The Norse missions are all so great. I just dislike how they put them last. The Egyptian missions are just boring compared to the Greek and Norse ones, and every time I go back to play AoM I lose interest in finishing the campaign right around the final two Egypt missions.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Another week, another mission utterly chumped

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Always a pleasure to watch these videos. You destroyed this mission as well.

I never thought to use siege rams as tanks before, thought it makes sense. Its a couple guys carrying around a tree trunk, so it doesn't look like they should have massive piles of HP, but they do. That's a good use of them.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

RIP horsebro, you were almost usable

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Melth posted:

Thanks!

You know, I used to regard this next mission as one of my favorites but now I find I'm procrastinating it like a chore because there's really no possible way to cut the duration down.

x2 speedups plus chicken dance music often does the trick

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

That was a really great video. Good job. I especially loved your thinking on the myths. You are absolutely correct. The Norse have some great Gods that should have been treated way better in the stories, but the Greeks had terrible Gods that were complete dicks, but still venerated. Besides the the fact that we lack a bunch of information about the Viking deities but have a ton of Greco-Roman documents left, that might account for why the stories aren't told as much. We find stories about dicks doing rear end in a top hat things more interesting in general than good people fighting the good fight even though they are doomed to fail. It's too bad, the Norse myths have some really cool stuff.

Has anyone picked up the Neil Gaiman Norse Mythology book he came out with recently? It looks really interesting, but I'm not sure its worth the $20 or so it was on sale for when I last checked.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

I can just imagine Odin and Thor giving each other the look and facepalming every time Loki comes over

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Oh hey a melth mythology vid--- and it's over

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Those Ox-carts really didn't want to go through the wall, did they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Eitri, when they say the only way to win the game is not to play. I don't think they meant it like this

• Locked thread