Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Age of Mythology has fond memories in my mind, but also some annoyances like the early bugs that stuck around for months at a time, off the top of my head:

Longboats would generate favor faster then Hersirs for Loki, so the instant his Hersirs hit anything they would instantly summon myth units, you basically had to concede if you faced a Loki on mediterranean or other fishing heavy maps.

Cancelling your techs at 99.9% would refund the full price and complete the tech, I noticed losing to that a couple times because the guy would have a fat amount of resources to play with after a age up.

Set's monkeys summoned by the pharoah cost 1 favor and 1 population a piece but rivaled everyones main 2 pop infantry for strength, you would drown in a swarm of monkeys.

What was everyones favorite to play as in multiplayer? for me it was Isis and focusing on a early villager and tech boom maxing out my population before hitting heroic, in the titan expansion being able to build town centers in classical was such a good change, I hated how games didn't really seem to begin until the third age in the age of empires series until then.

Isis was a favorite just because of the extra population and economy bonuses I could none-stop spam spearmen at a measly 50 food 20 gold a piece, sure Set had better barracks upgrades, but he couldn't get the economy to really churn them out forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
You would think if the developers were going to give the player certain hero powers to begin with they would test to make sure those powers can't cheese the entire mission.

• Locked thread