Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Melth posted:

Thanks, yeah I know. I've been trying to figure out whether to buy the full version of Dxtory or to go with Shadowplay or something instead. That's one thing I wanted advice from you guys about. As far as I can tell from my experimenting both make recordings of equal quality. However, Dxtory separates out my microphone from the game's own sounds as two different tracks. That let me quiet the game sound in Audacity so that I'd be properly audible (originally it was hard to hear me over the game). But for all I know, there's some easy way to do that in Shadowplay too or some other simple fix that would make me easier to hear. I didn't think it would be wise to just jump into buying Dxtory and assume that it's the best option without hearing from people like you guys who know more than me.

I think OBS does it too, but you might wanna check in at The Tech Support Fort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

You might wanna turn down the game's audio a bit more. It's an RTS so I doubt there's gonna be anything too interesting being said most of the time while you will still probably comment.

• Locked thread