Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Hades was the first proto-goon

-Hangs out in the basement all day
-Stands in the corner at parties
-nobody likes him that much
-can't talk to women

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

HannibalBarca posted:

Has anyone on SA kidnapped a woman to live with them in the basement, eventually reaching an agreement with the woman's mother for each of them to have her for six months at a time?

Honestly wouldn't surprise me if a goon pulled this off

Cythereal posted:

I'm partial to the Dresden Files interpretation of events: it was a completely legitimate love affair and marriage, Demeter was just an overbearing mother who couldn't bear to see her little girl leave home and subsequently was an incredibly irritating mother-in-law.

Hades should have dumped Demeter in Tartarus for half an hour

No more irritating MIL

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Odysseus is smart enough to realize most of the Trojan War is really, really stupid and his actions are based around "Can I go home now?"

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

anilEhilated posted:

Dunno about the script, Arkantos really starts pulling horses out of nowhere. It would be pretty easy to ease it in, too - just mention the stores were torched by Trojan cavalry or something.

Video obviously impressive as hell, this is quickly becoming my favorite ongoing LP. I particularly like classifying the Aeneid as a Homer fanfic.

e: Is this the first time we see Gargarensis? Gotta admire a villain who can bend space and time to snatch poetry.

The Aeneid was well written for the most part. The Inferno, now that was bad fanfiction

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

anilEhilated posted:

Yeah, it's an amazing case of personal beef-based metaphysics. Dante was a rather spiteful person.

My favorite bit is Dante feuding with Pope Boniface VIII IRL, and woops, hey, how'd he get in the eight circle of hell?

Not too mention Beatrice being the Mary Sue of a woman he met twice and really never got over

Melth posted:

Well it's half that, but a lot of it just seems to be a weird mashup of B-list Greek mythological figures in Hell for no reason. Capaneus makes it all worthwhile though.

Dante was Italian, heirs of Rome, and his favorite author was Virgil. Virgil wrote The Aeneid which tells the story of how Rome was founded by Aeneas, a Trojan survivor. Who caused the fall of Troy? Odysseus, who was Greek. And hey, why did Odysseus end up in the eighth circle of hell? hmmmmmmm

world's first self-insert fanfiction

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

malkav11 posted:

Really? Good thing I picked it up back when it came out, I guess.

Same here

The Tellius FEs are my favorite in the series

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Melth posted:

Gaia was basically always a villain in Greek myths for whatever reason.

Gaia was really salty over the Titanomachy wrecking the planet and blamed the Olympians for all the damage IIRC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Cythereal posted:

Also, weren't Loki's parents fire giants?

close, they were frost giants

• Locked thread