Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HGH
Dec 20, 2011
This whole sequence feels... considerably more flaccid than I remember it. I guess not playing a game for 12+ years will do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I recall it being pretty entertaining.

The scene with the hammer slamming the door shut is still really clear in my memory. Everything you said about Nidhogg though isn't. Apparently even as a completely idiot this mission is so easy I never got to see that part.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Huh, I don't remember this level existing. My memory goes "Kemsyt head reveal -> Finale" for some reason.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Oh wow, I must have fundamentally misunderstood something about Zeus' blessing cause I recall trying to distract the main forces like an idiot before having Arkantos fight the statue because I didn't realize how broken he was and feared he might die. The Poseidon statue regenrares health at an incredible rate too I think so I thought he needed the backup. I love how the gate starts spewing out massive amounts of enemy reinforcements at the end.

I also remember having to deal with Polyphemus, who is one hell of a cyclops unit and plowed through my army. I think he was mentioned in a previous video but he is the single strongest Greek myth unit (and probably overall Greek unit) in the game.

HannibalBarca posted:

I love the Orpheus and Eurydice myth, but it would be remiss of me not to point out that there's an alternate interpretation where Hades was toying with Orpheus all along and was never intending to allow him to escape with Eurydice. I don't buy it, because it's a much nicer...or, well, less awful? story the other way, but that's out there.
Is the version that's commonly told the one that has Persephone add the extra clause of not looking back, mostly because she was upset with her own marriage life? Because that's a dick move even though her complaints are somewhat valid.

• Locked thread