Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
God I just found out about this LP of one of my favorite games of all time? :negative:

Anyway I'll just echo what a lot of people have said in that the campaign for this game is probably the best in the RTS genre, the music for the game also great (with really good titles for the songs too), and this game was integral for getting me into mythology as it introduced me to the "Big Three" of Greek, Egyptian, and Norse mythology

I'm trying to think of what RTSs I would rank above or on par with AOM and the only two off the top of my head (imo) are Rise of Nations and Empires Dawn of the Modern World.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

An RTS that I bought a couple of times but never could run was Paraworld, I know it was probably crap but it was right up my wheelhouse, I wanted to lead dino armies drat it!!! :argh:

Another was this ancient civilizations game where you could zoom in on a hero unit and control it like a third person hack and slash. Forget the name of it

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

I believe it is Rise And Fall Civilizations At War

Mostly notable in my mind for letting you actually build ships and walls and put people on them and have fights like that. It does have a certain age of mythology feel to it so you probably would enjoy it. I played it a fair bit when I was young, a strange but cool game.

It is also, apparently, available for free because midway released a free version in conjuction with.. the us air force?

http://www.gamershell.com/news_61804.html

(heck yeah gamershell link)

E: last page was not the last page...
Ah man I tried to download it but appears something is wrong with the authentication key

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

I love this LP even though I could never play AOM like this, I know its just me being inefficient, but its just seems much more fun that way.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Yeah Empires Dawn of the Modern World was great, loved the campaign modes for that, I remember using a cheat code so I get max amount of those fire carts to continue firing at the Japanese invaders until I killed at least 5,000 of them before their cannons finally destroyed the gate. I wish I could find that game on steam, there are some many great RTSs lost to the sands of time. I'm still mad I could never get a computer to run Paraworld since it was like a game I dreamed up of (Dinosaur army RTS!!)

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

The credits for AOM are pretty great, especially towards the end when it just shows the developers and voice actors loving around.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZVP9H34xVI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Cythereal posted:

Hephaestus and Hestia come to mind.
Which is why we have very little stories of note about Hestia

• Locked thread