Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Just caught up. Enjoying the LP so far. I tl;dr all the effort posts in this thread so I hope you find some time in the videos to talk about the weirder quirks of this game.

TheKingofSprings posted:

One thing that's neat about this game is that if one of your heroes drops you can kill them forever by putting a building over their corpse.

Could an enemy do that as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

What they don't tell you about the Odyssey is that it wasn't Circe who fell in love with Odysseus and compelled him to stay with her. No, in the original story, Polyphemus himself was besotted with the great general, and for a time his affections were returned. But one night Odysseus dreamt of his Penelope and, upon waking, slunk shame-facedly to his ship, where his men waited for him. Polyphemus was heartbroken, but felt he could not tell the other giants, who, sensing his heartbreak, found for him a bride.

And on the day of their wedding, they asked him, Polyphemus, is there anyone you hold dearer to you than your sweet wife?

And he whispered,

"Nobody."

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I like these Underworld stages, they really feel like they did something completely different with the AoM engine.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Smiling Knight posted:

Super exciting for the Egyptian part! The maps get really fun here. Although I'm worried Melth is just too good, and so we'll not have time to appreciate them.

I do worry about this too. It would be nice if someone were to do a more casual playthrough alongside Melth's insanely good strategies.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Hey Melth I gave someone I know on IRC a link to your Youtube channel and they're loving this LP (and so am I, btw), and say they wish you'd LP more RTS games in the future.

• Locked thread