Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Goddamn, how could I miss this thread? I love this game.

Sharing the love of Hades super-archer strat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

It's generally a good idea not to edit in important things into your posts (unless it's the OP) since nobody gets an update when you edit stuff, just when stuff gets posted.

Just make a new post if something like this happens again, thread ain't gonna run out of space. :v:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
You can stack tags. Do the usual url=thingie you do for hyperlinking words, but use the image tags instead of the word. Like this:
code:
[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVPt2a49Two][img]http://lpix.org/2659979/header.jpg[/img][/url]
to get

which leads to your first video if you click on it

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Melth posted:

Tempting! Is that actually possible?

PM a moderator, they're usually willing to do it.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The Aeneid was well written for the most part. The Inferno, now that was bad fanfiction

To really appreciate The Inferno, you need to understand the local references it makes. Then it becomes hilarious.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

anilEhilated posted:

I said it before, it comes out of nowhere. There's no relation between the previous dialogue and Arkantos babbling about horses.
And it'd be so easy to just shoehorn it in by way Trojan cavalry or, hell, just having a riderless horse run past the camera, or mention that since the Trojans raided their stores they'd be reduced to eating their horses... Possibilities are endless here.

I don't quite understand you here. They're talking about a hopeless situation, and there's an implicit moment of Arkantos thinking "I'm sure as hell not conceding defeat (gifting my horse) to those assh... wait a second..." which Odysseus (being, well, Odysseus) picks up on right away since he's been thinking up something similar (cause, you know, he did come up with the idea on his own in the usual Troy myth). Through Arkantos' short explanation, we're given enough information to be able to deduce this.

You can argue that the authors could have done a better job of conveying that implied step, but they din't really have a lot of tools to do that without just saying it out loud, which would have made the scene longer than really needed.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
I like Red Alert 2. I also like Age of Mythology. I also like Empire Earth. I also like Warcraft 3.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
One very special Norse mission is all about narrow passages and building fortresses.

It's also very cheeseable thanks to a certain town center related trigger. :allears:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
No, it's a normal version thing. Sometimes it's a subtle change, but it's always there.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Same.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Melth posted:

I'll cut them out of the next video.

No need for that either. It's just not worth the effort either way. :v:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Melth posted:

You and your anachronistic alternate history! We should pentekonter him.

Serious post:

Ancient Athenians loving loved ship-related sex metaphors.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Melth posted:

Did they now? I've read a lot of Athenian stuff, but mainly histories.

It was talked about at some point in the Ancient History thread in Ask/Tell.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Some of the Atlantean units are conceptually really cool (automatons), but end up being wet farts in practice.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Eh. It's basically a food->faith exchange program once you're done setting up your eco.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Poil posted:

It's far preferable to very rigid railroading into doing what the devs intended to be the one and only true way to do a mission.

Yeah.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Shame about the bug, that's one of my favorite missions.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Melth posted:

Can someone remind me what to type in the URL to always get to the last post of this thread?

Go to your bookmarks, hover above the name in the thread's "killed by" section to the right, and right click -> "copy link address"

In case of this thread, it should be:
code:
[url]https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=lastpost&threadid=3803100[/url]

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Huh. I never knew about that priest.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Nippleheim.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
The next mission is my absolute favorite.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Which is actually another example of good design. They give you all those scouting tools to encourage you to try something else, but if you just take the first thing you're offered and don't want to think too much, you're given an OK place for a base, but a very difficult defence you have to break through if you still don't want to scout around it, and if you're a turtle player, you're just being given what you wanted to get anyway.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Nice timing on the lightning storm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Monocled Falcon posted:

I wish we had been able to see more of the Son of Osiris unit. It sounds pretty cool and it's such an interesting concept with it's powerful attacks, healing but inability to recover health itself.

Never, ever, ever make one when playing against Zeus, tho. :v:

• Locked thread