Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Melth posted:

!!!

I never played this game but I heard of it once and it sounded cool, yet because I don't know the name I could never find out anything about it.

I believe it is Rise And Fall Civilizations At War

Mostly notable in my mind for letting you actually build ships and walls and put people on them and have fights like that. It does have a certain age of mythology feel to it so you probably would enjoy it. I played it a fair bit when I was young, a strange but cool game.

It is also, apparently, available for free because midway released a free version in conjuction with.. the us air force?

http://www.gamershell.com/news_61804.html

(heck yeah gamershell link)

E: last page was not the last page...

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Aug 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Cythereal posted:

Another good yet obscure RTS: Act of War: Direct Action and its expansion.

Also yes hella good and full of cheesy westwood style cutscenes. Really really good air support mechanic which sadly was not carried over well to the sequel.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I admit I enjoy seeing you just play through missions where you can't skip everything, but then I have fond memories of the game and that's perhaps not the point of the thread, per se.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Hades is a big goon, lives in the basement, bad with women, hoarder.

• Locked thread