Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Glad to see another LP from you - you have an amazingly in-depth approach to these games. It's a shame that your FE LPs never made it to the archives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

That stealth speedrun was amazing. It was kind of funny having to wait while they slowly tore down the wall when everything else was so fast - getting the towers, killing the first fortress, and nuking the second and third fortresses from orbit.

Nice timing on the horse, too, having exactly the right number of houses for your workers.

Unfortunately there seem to be a lot of balance issues with the game - "here's this specialized unit, it's normally absolutely worthless. And this one too". A shame.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Hah! That was a great way to beat the mission. I liked the distraction you set up, too - I guess if the swordsmen try to run through the enemy army they don't make it.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Melth posted:

Juuuust squeaked in this video before midnight eastern standard time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HSin_I5iEU

My attempt at driving across the country for my new job is on track to finish with zero casualties!

Huh. That was surprisingly straightforward and easy. Doesn't give you much chance to show off, alas.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Hmmph, you missed several seconds because the Osiris piece wasn't properly microed.

More seriously: that's totally nuts and you ruined that mission with basic units. I love the part at the start where the prison has a heavily defended front door and also a back entrance that's just... totally undefended and open. Taking the base early with snake powers was also a great time saver.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Cythereal posted:

But not in modern depictions, where she's usually the lone good Titan (this game) or at least no worse than Zeus (God of War).

God of War had a pretty easy answer to the pantheons in general. Which gods/titans do you not murder? Uh, Aphrodite, Hephaestus, Athena? It's been a while since I played so I could be misremembering. And I'm sure there are many that don't show up because there's only so much room in 3 games.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Whammiewazzle posted:

The version of Arachne's story I read had Arachne have her tapestry judged superior, but because the tapestry depicted the gods as debauched nutcases Athena shoved Arachne's needles and thread down her throat. When that killed her, Athena felt bad and turned her into a new creature with thread and needles as part of it's body.

Now I'm picturing the Greek gods as being really ignorant of mortals.

"Wait, humans die when you shove a lot of sharp things down their throat? I figured we'd have a good laugh about it afterwards! Uh, what can I do to tell her I'm sorry... ooh, everyone loves bugs, right?"

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Sounds like you've already picked, but I'd prefer the short version. Seeing you break the game as much as possible (while still meeting all mission objectives) is amazing.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Ahahaha.

I love you talking about how dangerous Circe can be and then just obliterating her. God powers are kind of nuts.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

cheetah7071 posted:

His last three LPs were screenshot LPs if that's what you mean. It wouldn't be a good fit for an RTS though imo.

No, they mean record the mission and then talk over it afterwards. It has upsides and downsides.

I do kind of miss some of the instructive elements from the screenshot LPs. He still does a lot of that, but it's a lot harder to track when he's maximizing APM at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Huh, Titan mode is supposed to be pretty hard but I think the real Age of Mythology hard mode would be to play as Gargarensis against Melth. What kind of monster would destroy one of your bases before you're allowed to really start the mission?

• Locked thread