Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RandomMagus
May 3, 2017

Sordas Volantyr posted:

See, the version of the myth I'm familiar with has Arachne pretty soundly beating Athena, Athena pitching a fit and destroying Arachne's tapestry, and turning her into the first spider to top it all off.

Then again, the compilation I got familiarized with that tale with uses Roman names for the gods out of author's preference, so take it with a grain of salt.

Ovid's Metamorphoses, yes? My Classical Mythologies prof was of the opinion that Ovid wrote that as an "up yours" to Augustus Caesar who aspired to godhood. "Look at all these gods who are terrible people".

Most of the stories slant pretty heavily towards gods and cults being dangerous and bad compared to their "original" Greek versions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomMagus
May 3, 2017
Reading the LP got me to play Age of Mythology again, and I'm appreciating the elegance of Melth's strategies more now. I'm beating the Greek campaign through pure brute force macro and the broken corpses of my own men on Hard, and he did most of these without a single casualty on Titan. And significantly faster.

My hats off to you, dude.

RandomMagus
May 3, 2017

BlazetheInferno posted:

It's timer-based, I believe - the Norse get obliterated at the 20-minute mark, and the Egyptians get killed at the 25 minute mark, both by a God Power from Gargarensis.

Jokes on Gargarensis. On my playthrough, after he obliterated my allies I built on their settlements and finally had enough population to steamroll his armies.

I also killed a fortress as literally my first attack. The first wave on Hard if you do that has cavalry, hoplites, colossi, and helepoli all at the same time. Take Melth's advice and don't do that.

RandomMagus
May 3, 2017

Melth posted:

Good question! Basically they use their infinite resources to produce units and upgrades at full speed from numerous buildings instead of acting as though they have limited resources. So they attack about 3-5x as hard as they're supposed to.

Does the AI get the infinite resources on Hard, too, or just Titan? When I did this on Hard I got attacked maybe 3 times total, usually by less than 8 units each time.

The trolls around the map were more aggressive than Eitri after I started scouting a bit.

• Locked thread