Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Melth posted:

Unit balance effort post

Melth posted:

Fire giant sales pitch effort post

Melth posted:

Fire Giant balance effort post

I'm kind of on the fence about this game. I mean, it's a wonderfully made product of its time. It is going to be a bonkers ride with regards to its story. And this LP will feature more information behind the veil of the stats and the performance, and some lovely info on mythology from other fans of the material. But poo poo like this would make me pull my hair out in frustration. Game balance being this muddy, complicated and evasive just is not fun, and I both am enjoying and am boggled at the effort people like yourself and others have made just to more effectively play this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
SHIFT KEY IS THE ONLY WAY FOR CAPITALS.

I've noticed that one hydra staying at 77 HP and pretty much being on Hades' door. Units do not heal over time?

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
Okay last update was about unfair in how you beat that :stare:

How long does it generally take you to find out about AI behaviour in a particular mission before you start abusing the minutiae?

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
This really bears repeating, but the animations and the voice acting for this game are really really good for an RTS. And considering this game's from 2002, the animations despite the lower quality models really are emotive.

That said, the Priests, do they have unique appearances based on the prime god in the Pantheon? Maybe I didn't notice before, but while you played under Set, your Priests had these black face masks not unlike Set's camel head.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Melth posted:

Just finished mission 20. It's the craziest, awesomest mission yet. It's gonna be hard to get the audio finalized and uploaded on time tomorrow, but it's still possible!

I really hope so, because you're gonna trounce it something fierce again. That is perhaps the more entertaining thing about these vids to begin with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Melth posted:

Here's chapter 21:

Problem solved.

That was such a simple yet effective and ironic method of dealing with Circe. I love it.

• Locked thread