Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Samuel Clemens posted:

Oh please, today's controversies are so low-effort. Remember when protesters used to stand outside of theatres because they found a particular film offensive? Those were the good old days.

Well, that used to be the only way to get noticed. Nowadays you can attack writers/actors/directors on social media nonstop until they leave forever from the safety of your own home. much more effective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Zootopia takes place in the same world as other Disney features, but it's after biological warfare wipes out the human race and gives animals advanced mental facilities.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Egbert Souse posted:

Zootopia takes place in the same world as other Disney features, but it's after biological warfare wipes out the human race and gives animals advanced mental facilities.

It's true. You see a character selling historical documentaries as acted out by animals attempting to piece it together from what little information they can find.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Does that make Zootopia a sequel to Peace on Earth?

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Egbert Souse posted:

I didn't know Zootopia was an adaption of the archie sonic comic

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Nobody remembers Quest for the Orb.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Egbert Souse posted:

And the power of one voice, one heart, one song.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
You guys can't have CARS and Zootopia BOTH take place in the same universe where Humans have died out. :smh:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Drifter posted:

You guys can't have CARS and Zootopia BOTH take place in the same universe where Humans have died out. :smh:

Sure we can. We only see one country in Zootopia, not the world.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

This also throws into question where Wall-E is on this timeline.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

On the flipside, we do see the world in Cars 2. At least, a large chunk of it.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

ImpAtom posted:

Cars takes place throughout the world. Overseas and everything, they even have accents. And there are boats and planes and stuff, too, right? Zootopia doesn't exactly take place on Disney's K(ar)ong Island.

And world-wide, every automobile except on this one area is sentient? Not buying it. :colbert:

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Drifter posted:

I think this actually explainable (by the standards of insane theories) by the Pixar and Disney timelines being different.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Gosh darnit, I think I just had this conversation with my step dad a week ago. I thnk it started when I was describing Moana to my mom over Christmas as 'that new Pixar movie'.

You're right. :sigh:

I always conflate them. To me they're one and the same company.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Dec 30, 2016

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Don't worry, they're all in Tommy Westphall's mind, anyway

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Pick posted:

And the power of one voice, one heart, one song.

And the mediator between the one voice, one heart and one song must be the one head!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Magnus Condomus posted:

This also throws into question where Wall-E is on this timeline.

Cars and Zootopia are actually VERY far in the future. Long after Wall-E. The other movies take place before Wall-E

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Cars takes place after Zootopia elects a tyrannical leader with bad hair and all the sentient animals wipe themselves out by global warming.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Disney canon isn't chronological and linear, it's more like a centralized web, where the magic castle at Disneyland serves as a kind of stargate. I'm not even bullshitting, the magic castle is incorporated diegetically into the opening of a lot of Disney movies, now. Heck, even the new Jungle Book explicitly takes place in Disney's Animal Kingdom.

edit:

And now that Star Wars is canon, you can officially say that all Disney movies take place long, long ago in a galaxy far, far away.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Time is a flat circle, which means we're doomed to experience Flubber again.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Hell, they could make flubber 2: electric boogerloogie, with a creepy robin williams cgi face.

God, I hope they stop that poo poo.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

K. Waste posted:

Disney canon isn't chronological and linear, it's more like a centralized web, where the magic castle at Disneyland serves as a kind of stargate. I'm not even bullshitting, the magic castle is incorporated diegetically into the opening of a lot of Disney movies, now. Heck, even the new Jungle Book explicitly takes place in Disney's Animal Kingdom.

edit:

And now that Star Wars is canon, you can officially say that all Disney movies take place long, long ago in a galaxy far, far away.

Disney's magic castle is actually the Tower, and all Disney movies are secretly part of the Stephen King cinematic universe.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Zootopia is a planet settled by the distant descendants of Doctor Doppler and Captain Amelia.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Hedrigall posted:

Zootopia is a planet settled by the distant descendants of Doctor Doppler and Captain Amelia.

Here's the chronology:

Bambi -> Peace on Earth -> The Secret of NIMH -> Robin Hood -> Zootopia -> Treasure Planet

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana

Samuel Clemens posted:

Oh please, today's controversies are so low-effort. Remember when protesters used to stand outside of theatres because they found a particular film offensive? Those were the good old days.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

K. Waste posted:

edit:

Zootopia 2 has an after credits sequence with Thanos

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Zootopia is rocket raccoon's back story

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

Shadow Hog posted:

Zootopia 2 has an after credits sequence with Thanos

I mean, it might as well have! It doesn't even need to be that extreme. The Disney Cinematic Universe could very plausibly begin with a Zootopia-Wreck-It Ralph crossover.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
The pixar timeline splits with the extinction of the dinosaurs. The one where the dinosaurs went extinct has most of their films, while the other contains The Good Dinosaur and, far into the future, Cars

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Egbert Souse posted:

Here's the chronology:

Bambi -> Peace on Earth -> The Secret of NIMH -> Robin Hood -> Zootopia -> Treasure Planet

Impossible, humans are still alive in The Secret of NIMH. They plow the field and destroy Mrs Brisby's house, remember? It would have to be:

Bambi ->The Secret of NIMH -> Peace on Earth-> Robin Hood -> Zootopia -> Treasure Planet

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Father Ted is a perfect show.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Egbert Souse posted:

Here's the chronology:

how does Lion King fit into this

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Hedrigall posted:

Zootopia is rocket raccoon's back story

Robin Hood and Nick are probably related

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I still can't see the Cars 3 trailer without laughing

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

I rented Kubo.

That was an excellent film, though I can sort of see why people say it didn't stick the landing.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
:stare: what the heck happened, pick

which x-man fan did you anger to receive such a magnificent redtext

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
Oh, hey, finally a Tom and Jerry cartoon made after 1952 which isn't mediocre: http://www.myvideo.az/v/1862337

If you, like me, consider suicide gags to be the highest form of classic animation comedy, Downhearted Duckling is pretty much just a 6 1/2 minute running suicide gag.

K. Waste fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Dec 31, 2016

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

how does Lion King fit into this

The Lion King represents the Prehistory of Robin Hood. A time before the Bronze Age that symbolizes the mythological state of the world.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Crazy Ferret posted:

The Lion King represents the Prehistory of Robin Hood. A time before the Bronze Age that symbolizes the mythological state of the world.

So what you're saying is the apocalyptic scenario in Zootopia represents what happens when Lion King goes too far? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Animals go from walking around in the nude, to inconsistently wearing clothes, to collectively deciding shoes suck but pants are a must

Somewhere along the way, monarchical rule gives way to publicly elected officials