Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL
Good post, op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Tarantula posted:

I was actually hoping people could just ignore the obvious troll and move to being productive but I guess this thread is just going to be gassed so be it.

I have a feeling that that would be the majorities' goal, as progressive as this thread would be. It's easier to remain arrogant to change than to reflect upon insight, like the few posters nit-picking at each other because they'd rather abandon coherent discussion in lieu of not shutting it down because either party is unwilling to adjust their perspective.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

This is not an argument in favor of just throwing your hands in the air and giving up on getting men to clean their poo poo, it's simply to recognize that men are expected to live up to the standards that they've not actually been prepared for at any point in their lives.

I agree. This is why male genital mutilation is proclaimed a sanitation issue.

Dead Cosmonaut posted:

Western feminism is a bourgeois ideology and shouldn't be considered seriously over other opportunities to end inequality between the sexes

What other opportunities? Name one.

Guy Goodbody posted:

This is why I suggested that both the man and the woman work together to come up with a division of labor that both can agree with.

Guy Goodbody posted:

I wanna make this clear. Here is my suggestion for how to deal with inequitable division of household chores: When two people start cohabitating, they should sit down and decide how to divide up the chores in a way that they both think is fair. That should happen at the start of the cohabitation. If they cannot come up with an agreement that is satisfactory to them both, them they probably shouldn't cohabitate.

Guy Goodbody posted:

You know what would also solve this problem? Both of the people talking about chores and comping up with an equitable division of labor when they first loving move in together.

This all sounds really great on paper, but between a woman and a man suffering from toxic masculinity a discussion on the division of labor would be anything but civil.

• Locked thread