Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Maybe this thread would be better then...What are some issues that are exclusive to women?

I can think of one.

Because something I've noticed on the occasions I attempt to educate myself via online feminism, the narrative is immediately seized by virtue signaling people who see feminism not as the notion of equality of all people, but as a club they get to exclude people from.

The next question is what are the issues modern feminism is facing and how can those issues be addressed?

Think harder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Pellisworth posted:

I dunno if it's within the scope of this thread, but gay male culture in the US is pretty toxic and exclusionary. To throw out one example, gay men with more stereotypically effeminate mannerisms or dress get poo poo on a ton compared to str8-acting homobros.

MASC4MASC

Do you have any good reading on this? I know it's true of course, as anyone with a Grindr profile does, but I've never looked into it seriously.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

What's wrong with making you preferences in partners clear? If somebody has zero romantic/sexual interest in overweight people, why is it a problem for them to say so when they're looking for a romantic/sexual partner?

You don't have to respond to their messages but it just makes you look like an rear end in a top hat to say NO BLACK GUYS in a public space where everyone can see it.

• Locked thread