Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

What was your education like, guys?

I spent all 12 years with my hand down and avoiding eye contact with the teacher so they wouldn't know I was alive, so basically no to most of your questions. I did see my friends get disciplined a ton, and in my school all the known "troublemakers" were male.

No one snaps towels in the locker room. All the boys made specific and determined efforts not to interact in any way while less than fully clothed around PE time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
What are you guys even debating? I don't think I've seen anyone advocate for inflicting pain on another person as a good thing unless consent is a part of it. So I'm not sure why it's getting repeated again and again as if that wasn't already established.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

The Kingfish posted:

Nobody is defending the idea that pranking is bad. Like, with arguments. Except Owlfancier who is claiming that pain is a bad thing by default.

For all your arguing with TB, the entire issue was solved with her first post about consent. You were wrong in saying that pranking cannot happen without consent. If two friends agree to go at each other in a prank war, then both parties are consenting until one of them withdraws that consent. If one friend keeps randomly slapping friend 2's balls and going "Prank bro! PRANNNAAAANNNKAAAA hahaah!" and friend 2 does not wish to participate in such activities then consent is not involved and it is bad. If friend one wants to play ball slappy and friend 2 does not but agrees to anyway because friend one tells him to man up and stop being a pussy, then it's not really consensual and it is bad. Now apply this to ALLLLL your examples, rough play, contact sports, sex, anything at all.

Or just keep arguing with TB about a point she already established.

• Locked thread