Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost
I had this exact same issue with my cat not long ago. It's uncanny as to how similar your issue is! But in our cat's scenario, the swelling went down on its own after several hours.

It's certainly possible that she had an injury to her mouth. In our cat's situation, the vet noticed a small red irritation in her mouth. They suspect that it might've been an insect bite, which set off the swelling as a reaction. But my hunch- my cat was chewing something that she wasn't supposed to (I had caught her chewing on some packaging from an Amazon package that had just arrived the day before), and for some reason it caused the massive swelling the next morning.

Cats don't get cold sores, but if they do have feline herpes (and if Nailo spent any time in a shelter, she probably picked it up) it can cause rashes in their face and irritation in their respiratory system.

I hope you find the cause of Nailo's swelling. Has it improved at all, ever since you've created this thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread