Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i realized i've never seen a john wayne movie before, what do you guys reccomend to start with, the searchers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
cool thanks guys ill watch stagecoach first

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
drat so guess there is alotof good movies of his, thanks guys

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I watched Stagecoach it was pretty boring maybe john wayne isnt for me

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
O.o

Stagecoach just felt messy? I understand it was like the thirties but it felt kind of messy and...bad. I did like when John Wayne was on the screen tho

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Samuel Clemens posted:

Messy is a bit of an unclear descriptor. Do you mean the way the individual characters' arcs interact? Or the way it's shot? Or the general pacing?

I guess kind of lame tbh. The drunk doctor the whiskey salesman being the worst. They just felt like they're from a 1920s movie

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Samuel Clemens posted:

I'm afraid I still don't quite follow. From a 1920s movie in the sense that they don't fit in with the rest of the film? Or did you simply not care for the their type of humour? Because that's totally a fair thing to say.

Yeah in the sense they don't fit in. Everyone else is played seriously but you have these two goofballs that like don't fit in at all.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah im gunna try The Searchers next im excited for that one

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah i relaly like spaghetti westerns and i lied and have seen 1 john wayne movie in the past and recalled really liking it (dont remmeber what it was) but oh well

my favorite western is Frisco Kid tho :thumbsup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i think it was north to alaska was the one i saw

• Locked thread