Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Motherfucker posted:

Hi, recently I pledged my service to the eldar gods, specifically cthylla daughter of cthulhu (its 2016, ok) but the problem is the pulsing vein-like slug growing under my eyesocket is not only making it hard for me to pick up chicks but also I'm starting to hear screams and see stuff that I'm pretty sure my mind wasn't supposed to comprehend, its starting to cut into my social life and plus I've started hucking up fistfulls of maggots with human faces who demand I find them hosts in a demented chorus of voices. How do I keep it 'real' I guess is what I'm asking? haha

Just keep The Rules and you will be fine, fool.

Everyone, just Keep The Rules and we can all go about our respective evil wizard businesses.

I've taken the liberty of inscribing The Rules on everyone's eyelids, there's only a handful of them and they're mostly about courteous driving techniques and social justice. Basic stuff, really, but they must be maintained at all costs or we're all gonna have to get used to non-Euclidean geometry when the Seals are broken and frankly I can't deal with that poo poo like I used to, I have a very sensitive stomach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

You may want to see about getting an evil illusionist to do something about the spirit fire.

Dang. I was hoping to avoid illusionists; they always make things weird. Just kinda too flirty in the bad way.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Is it OK to have load bearing columns of bones in your evil lair? I'm not a necromancer so I can't exactly ask all the skeletons whether they drank milk or had osteoporosis and poo poo

Jeremiah Flintwick
Jan 14, 2010

King of Kings Ozysandwich am I. If any want to know how great I am and where I lie, let him outdo me in my work.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Just keep The Rules and you will be fine, fool.

Everyone, just Keep The Rules and we can all go about our respective evil wizard businesses.

I've taken the liberty of inscribing The Rules on everyone's eyelids, there's only a handful of them and they're mostly about courteous driving techniques and social justice. Basic stuff, really, but they must be maintained at all costs or we're all gonna have to get used to non-Euclidean geometry when the Seals are broken and frankly I can't deal with that poo poo like I used to, I have a very sensitive stomach.

lol, honestly you lawful types can suck an elder cock, all the other councilors totally knew Aatrekon was "summoning" underage nymphs.

Jeremiah Flintwick fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Dec 30, 2016

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Colonel Cancer posted:

Is it OK to have load bearing columns of bones in your evil lair? I'm not a necromancer so I can't exactly ask all the skeletons whether they drank milk or had osteoporosis and poo poo

Nah, just reinforce it with stone or metal up the middle. Raise a spirit of an OH&S inspector, its done wonders for my lair and thanks to their knowledge I used my dark powers to posses a bunch of his contemporaries, their workplace practices ensure I'll have fresh, working age corpses to raise forever even in supposedly first world conditions, Mwhahahaha!

Catpants McStabby
Jul 10, 2001

seriously, :wtc:
Honestly, I'm going to have to look at your THAC0 before we do any seriously discussion.

Atma
Sep 16, 2002

College Slice
i feel very safe in my black tower where i sit around and cast spells all day.

i have enough food to last forever and i locked the front door so no one can catch me unawares.

i put the key to the door inside one of my skeletons who is a slightly different color and slightly stronger than the rest.

i put him on the trail leading up to my black tower in case i ever accidentally lock myself out.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Zartosht posted:

lol, honestly you lawful types can suck an elder cock, all the other councilors totally knew Aatrekon was "summoning" underage nymphs.

The Laws are all that stand between you and eternal non-Euclidean vomiting, maggot.

Keep them. Do what you will otherwise, but keep The Laws.

Catpants McStabby posted:

Honestly, I'm going to have to look at your THAC0 before we do any seriously discussion.

Serious question? What if you are a punch or muscle wizard?

Atma posted:

i feel very safe in my black tower where i sit around and cast spells all day.

i have enough food to last forever and i locked the front door so no one can catch me unawares.

i put the key to the door inside one of my skeletons who is a slightly different color and slightly stronger than the rest.

i put him on the trail leading up to my black tower in case i ever accidentally lock myself out.

This is a good plan.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
For my own reasons I like to stay as close to True Neutral in my alignment as possible, but I tend to automatically *do the right thing* by others whenever I'm asked for help, and so sometimes as aa result that makes me come off as more Good-aligned than I really want.

I've finally worked out a system so I can reach my evil quota for each day:

Avoid people at all costs so they can't ask me for help.
Beat myself up in the nether regions until reagents come out.
Wear offensive, dirty, or abrasive clothing. Accessorize to look mostly like an rear end in a top hat to anyone who doesn't know you (which should be everyone).
Don't call your mother back and make her worry for over an hour.
Smoke weed every day and get loud whenever drunk.
Think about doing a crime really hard.
Become a mooch upon society and post on dead comedy forums.

Any more pro-tips for minor evil acts?

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
I accidentally left the secret exit that leads back to the entrance of my dungeon so that I don't have to backtrack open, and adventurers entered my loot room and took everything. I didn't have all of my art pieces and magical equipment listed out or appraised for value, how should I go about contacting my dungeon owner's insurance to try to get at least some of the value back from what was stolen? :smith:

e: Most of the equipment was cursed, iirc. Does the insurance fully cover the loss of cursed items, or do they devalue them due to the curses?

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

Commoners posted:

I accidentally left the secret exit that leads back to the entrance of my dungeon so that I don't have to backtrack open, and adventurers entered my loot room and took everything. I didn't have all of my art pieces and magical equipment listed out or appraised for value, how should I go about contacting my dungeon owner's insurance to try to get at least some of the value back from what was stolen? :smith:

e: Most of the equipment was cursed, iirc. Does the insurance fully cover the loss of cursed items, or do they devalue them due to the curses?

Oh they covered this in one of the optional workshops last year but you might have missed it because they had the soul swapping seminar at the same time. It's important to turn towards an (imaginary?) audience and say "...just as planned" in a low, sinister voice with your fingers steepled and an evil grin on your face. It won't get any of your poo poo back but it makes you feel a lot better. Doesn't matter if anybody sees you do it, doesn't matter if it's actually true.

I wouldn't even gently caress with the insurance if you don't have your ducks in a row, I mean consorting with nether beasts and eldritch horrors is one thing but those insurance guys are bad news.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Commoners posted:

Do you have the Wizard Plus plan or the standard Evil Overlord package? Because I believe Plus covers cursed objects. (Although I hope you extended the coverage to liabilities because, get this, if the adventurers suffer physical or mental harm from use of the objects (which they stole), the adventurers can come back and sue you for damages.) Fortunately you can remove the deductible from your taxable income if you're on the Plus plan, up to 2000 gold coins if you're in good standing with the Evil Magic-Users Society. The Evil Overlord plan might cover cursed weapons (not armor, accessories, art, etc.) but even then the deductible can't be written off. There might be a loophole there regarding the lethality of the objects in question which could merit their reclassification as weapons, but you'd have to consult EMUS or a lawyer.

Edit: wait, are we talking curses or hexes here? Ugh hold on *conjures tomes labeled "Legal Glossary of Enchantments Vol 4" and "Arcane Insurance"* you might want to summon a chair

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Commoners posted:

Depends - are the curses yours? In most cases an accursed items' value is lowered by a percentage based upon the power of the curse (usually 95-99%), since the corruption of evil souls trapped within the material fabric of a luxury item like a gold ring or a fine silk robe or a pair of fine leather boots will obviously try to invalidate any insurance claims made against them if there hasn't been any prior identification, and besides curses tend to void the authenticity of the authenticity certificates, SO - unless you can prove that you could've removed the curses yourself (which obviously you can't since the item's gone- those fools!) then I'm afraid you're up the Styx without a Charon to paddle. I know it really makes no sense since the curses themselves seemed like a pretty decent theft prevention measure when you cast them in the first place, but unless you put a tracking charm into your curses's serial hex then you're probably hosed getting any of this back. Sorry man :(

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Alright you evil fuckers. I got some spells that even edgelord warlocks and sorcerors like you can use.

Turn unbread

Dominate mind and also feet

True Dollymorph

True Bollywood-morph

Summon potatoes

Summon gravy

WARNING DONT USE THE LAST 2 TOGETHER YOU WILL DIE!

naem
May 29, 2011

I enchanted a pair of boots with "flesh to stone" and left for some meddling adventurers to find (isn't it weird that adventurers are always rummaging around putting on old clothing they find?) hoping to add to my sculpture garden

anyways I accidentally cast "stone to flesh" and now anywhere that guy walks he leaves a perfect footprint sized sirloin steak. Last I heard he gave up adventuring and opened a steak house

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
I resent the term "evil".

Yes, I was stealing bones from the graveyard. Yes, I overreacted when the local constable confronted me. Yes, I may have ordered skeletons to rip him and his people to bits, and yes, I still have his skull. It whispers secrets to me when it isn't busy sobbing about its endless torment.

But I am a multifaceted person. Nobody ever talks about my volunteer community service, or my donations to the local library.

Sharkwizard
Jun 26, 2015

Krunge posted:

Blood! That's it! I know exactly what to do!

Giddy-up

I look rad here but pls don't dox me

Mukulu
Jul 14, 2006

Stop. Drop. Shut 'em down open up shop.
the limitations of the physical plane bored me. ive been looking into lichdom to transcend my white, middle-class, summoner existence.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
I took an evil wiz last night :grin:

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Commoners posted:

Oh man I'm sorry, this happened to me a few hundred years ago and the whole thing was a nightmare

no really the idiot rogue adventurer took the Nightmare Stone and dropped it when trying to escape the skeletons I had guarding it. It shattered and unleashed the nightmare specters I was hoarding to use their power. Took me drat near two centuries to collect them all. :smith:

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
What do you call a peeing r word?

a whiz tard :smug:

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I know this isn't sa mart but does anyone have an extra interdimensional portal they'd be willing to sell me? Or we could trade, I happen to have enough ground-up rat skeletons for a poo poo ton of invisibility cream

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Question for all you wizards out there, when it comes to the decor for my mountaintop wizard tower, what should I pick for my lamps? I'm trying to decide between skulls with nightmarish green flames of fire that burns but does not consume in the open mouths and eye sockets, or mysterious crystals with an eldritch blue glow.

Thoughts?

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Mad Hamish posted:

Question for all you wizards out there, when it comes to the decor for my mountaintop wizard tower, what should I pick for my lamps? I'm trying to decide between skulls with nightmarish green flames of fire that burns but does not consume in the open mouths and eye sockets, or mysterious crystals with an eldritch blue glow.

Thoughts?

I'd go with the blue crystals. OSHA inspectors get their tits in a twist about open flame, even if it's the arcane kind.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

T.S. Smelliot posted:

Oh man I'm sorry, this happened to me a few hundred years ago and the whole thing was a nightmare

no really the idiot rogue adventurer took the Nightmare Stone and dropped it when trying to escape the skeletons I had guarding it. It shattered and unleashed the nightmare specters I was hoarding to use their power. Took me drat near two centuries to collect them all. :smith:

Well, did you take his soul? Also I bind my nightmare stone in bands of brass, they corrode over time and blood tends to pour out of the cracks but the thing is drat near bulletproof in the meantime.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

mycomancy posted:

I'd go with the blue crystals. OSHA inspectors get their tits in a twist about open flame, even if it's the arcane kind.

^^^ This, plus weatherproofing a skull for outdoor installation is a NIGHTMARE, not to mention all the cleaning you have to do with skulls! The only bonus to putting skull lamps outside is that do they attract large swarms of rats, bats, snakes and spiders to live outside your home.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i have been the proud owner and operator of the world's only functioning voodoo doll of Dan Akroyd for the last decade

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

ive been working on a sick spell where it burns people with creepy green flames and instead of just regular burning them it makes their flesh rot off.

the problem ive been having with it is i can't get the flames green

right now they're a crappy yellow and the last hero to burst into my lair called me 'johnny pissflames' as his face turned into slime

johnny isnt even my name

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

SciFiDownBeat posted:

I know this isn't sa mart but does anyone have an extra interdimensional portal they'd be willing to sell me? Or we could trade, I happen to have enough ground-up rat skeletons for a poo poo ton of invisibility cream

YES! We don't use ours and want to convert the space into a reanimation lab.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003
HOLY SHIT I JUST WON'T SHUT UP ABOUT BIRDS IN CAGES. DID YOU KNOW PUTTING BIRDS IN CAGES MAKES YOU LITERALLY WORSE THAN HITLER? CAUSE IT DOES AND I WILL MAKE SURE YOU KNOW. I ALSO WANT YOU TO KISS YOURSELF IF YOU EVER THINK ABOUT PUTTING A BIRD IN A CAGE.
Ive cursed your prostate.

YOU
SHALL
NOT
PISS

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Well, as far as I can see here, The Laws are being kept for the most part and I would just like to congratulate all of you guys on retaining a Euclidean geometric state. Good job. Please continue doing your own respective things.

naem
May 29, 2011

tardwrangler posted:

Ive cursed your prostate.

YOU
SHALL
NOT
PISS

:stare:

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

FirstPersonShitter posted:

ive been working on a sick spell where it burns people with creepy green flames and instead of just regular burning them it makes their flesh rot off.

the problem ive been having with it is i can't get the flames green

right now they're a crappy yellow and the last hero to burst into my lair called me 'johnny pissflames' as his face turned into slime

johnny isnt even my name

I wish I could turn whole posts into avatars, because this post would be that.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
I keep the entire population in a state of constant irritability

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

What is a good source of free range organic fair trade skeletons? Emphasis on "Good" because if I get another shady deal, I'll end up one of you loser evil wizards.

Love, Good necromancer.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

interwhat posted:

I keep the entire population in a state of constant irritability

Connecticut?

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
i'm an evil capitalist cabalist

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Mnoba posted:

i'm an evil capitalist cabalist

So, you are a politician?

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Colonel Cancer posted:

So, you are a politician?

Investment banker maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Speleothing posted:

YES! We don't use ours and want to convert the space into a reanimation lab.

Perfect, pm me

e: to clarify, that's "psychic message," I don't have platinum

• Locked thread