Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eberbs
Aug 29, 2011

And I wonder, I still wonder, who'll stop the rain.
Tons more done on noodle body 2.0 today

Got the front bumper and valance and doors from the old noodle and straightened out the front end damage.

The rad was pushed out of the lower brackets so i had to pull the rad up and slide it back into the holes.

And the fender flairs off the parts eagle are a perfect fit.

next up are lowering blocks in the rear and crank down the torsion bars up front.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eberbs
Aug 29, 2011

Few more things done on noodle 2.0 today.

Swapped the rear window over and swapped the cluster due to the original one being cracked and having no tach but the tach and digital clock on the new cluster isnt working. they worked fine in noodle 1.0 and 2.0 has all the plugs so i dont know if im missing something.

eberbs
Aug 29, 2011

Gave up on getting the factory tach to work and just put in a cheap amazon digital tach

And got the eagle flairs bolted on

Im going to try and make the side skirt off the eagle fit too, maybe even the rear bumper.

eberbs
Aug 29, 2011

finally got around to doing more work on the noodle. Got it painted black and found some old mag rims and replaced the alt belt, she was chooched.

Ordered 2'' lowing blocks for the back and some vent visors, should be here tomorrow.

eberbs
Aug 29, 2011

got the lowing blocks in today.

After hitting the old u-bolt nuts a few times with the air impact. The ubolts started flexing so the impact stopped being effective and without a breaker bar (lost my only one) we had to get creative.

gave the old girl one too many hot suppers.

eberbs
Aug 29, 2011

finally got a start on the head replacement for my roommates 87 celica.

Found the top of a lifter bucket jammed in the head and the cam and lifter that was missing that piece was chewed up pretty good.

got the head off today, hopefully by the end of the week it will be back on the road.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

eberbs posted:

got the lowing blocks in today.

After hitting the old u-bolt nuts a few times with the air impact. The ubolts started flexing so the impact stopped being effective and without a breaker bar (lost my only one) we had to get creative.

gave the old girl one too many hot suppers.

Is that a 3/8" drive? That's a lot of lever for a little ratchet. Poor little guy.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

edit: welp nevermind

eberbs
Aug 29, 2011

Been working away on the head swap, should be a few more days.

In other news, I got to tow a absolutely mint 85 supra with a bad fuel pump out to the local airport where the owner has a hanger he keeps his car collection in. Its right off the taxi way and had to make sure no flights coming in before going onto the air strip. After i dropped his supra he got into his 93 mr2 and headed home. About an hour later i got a call to tow the mr2 after it broke down on him on the highway. Towed it back to the hanger and he throws me the keys to his mint 1st gen supercharged mr2, checked for incoming flights and said "go have some fun with it". loving thing hauled rear end, and the airport was the perfect spot to open it up. don't think i have ever had that much fun at work before.

pics

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
wow. Jealous!

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
That is a proper nice collection of old Toyotas.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Terrible Robot posted:

That is a proper nice collection of old Toyotas.

Seriously, one breaks so just go get one of the other choice vintage Toyotas.

eberbs
Aug 29, 2011

Life has been kicking my rear end but poo poo has gone from a boil to a simmer so i am going to try and update this thread on the reg.
Tons has happened since my last post so i will try and remember some of it.

Got my new tow truck a few months ago. 2017 F350 6.7l 5th wheel underground truck.

I have put 13k km on it and it has started randomly stalling and will crank no start intermittently. It throws a code for fuel pressure but the dealership cant find whats wrong with it, so I have to deal with it atm. it will always start back up after a few minutes but for a new truck it loving sucks.

The Eagle is off the road for now, it has started stalling whenever you come to a stop. I am going to do the 4.0l head swap from a 90's cherokee and get some efi going. I love me a carb but its not worth loving around with anymore. Also going to be scrapping the parts eagle in the next week or 2.

I replaced the exhaust on the 88 corolla and have been driving that and the noodle body but I think i am gonna try and get off my rear end and do the 4age swap thats waiting for it in the garage.

The noodle was developing a horrible chain slap and lifter tick so I replaced the timing chain, sprockets and guides and swapped one set of rockers from the spare motor in the noodle body and also got a turbo manifold for when i get around to boosting it. Also did sway bar end links.

http://gph.is/2xDvCEn

The chain guide had started to wear through the metal. caught it just in time.

My roommates Celica is running and driving, helped him install and heat wrap some headers last week.

A few bonus pics.

eberbs
Aug 29, 2011

Did a thing on the noodlebody today.

The shifter housing was leaking gear oil all over the place for who knows how long so i replaced it with one from one of my parts motors\trans.

topped up the gear oil while i had the housing off

Hoping now i don't have to smell dank rear end gear oil while im driving.

Also replaced the antenna

A turbo is in the near future

And bonus Celica pics

eberbs
Aug 29, 2011

Truck died again last night. Tired for half an hour to get it started but she wouldn't chooch. Only thing thats different this time is it actually said low fuel pressure on the dash, before it just threw a fuel pressue code.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJVoEKh8ypU

Had to wait for the 16-ton wrecker to come save me and once back at the yard it fired right back up. Its going back to the dealership again, im back in a v10 gas pot atm.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Dang that's dumb. You think it's engine temp related?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I know McTinkerson had to send his aluminum ecoboost F150 back to the dealer for a fuelling problem as well, though I would be surprised if anything at all was common with a 6.7L F350.

eberbs
Aug 29, 2011

angryrobots posted:

Dang that's dumb. You think it's engine temp related?

Don't think so. it did a crank-no-start once on a cold start after sitting overnight, i cycled the key a few times and it started.

eberbs
Aug 29, 2011

The truck died again a few nights ago and just would not start. towed to the dealer and they say its the low pressure fuel pump but there are none in canada so its gonna be a week or so.

And unlocking a ford ranger. probably the easiest car to brake into.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS5qwztGT0I

eberbs
Aug 29, 2011

Alternator on the corolla died last week and the only other alt i had around was an extra from my roommates cressida, looks identical aside from the casing being slightly different.
Took them both apart and was able to build them into one working alt.

one ugga dugga is all she takes

seen a few hot suppers

wore right out

thats a bit better

done and done

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Oh hey I didn't know there was another YYJ goon here :hfive:

(I don't have anything really to contribute other than that, sorry. Your cars are awesome.)

eberbs
Aug 29, 2011

Noodle was running like poo poo.

Wonder why?

eberbs
Aug 29, 2011

Its been slow at work lately but a pretty serious pedestrian vs suv incident happened the other day, the guy is alive for now but if he pulls through its gonna be a very rough go.

I also made a eagle video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1KgJd5ondA

eberbs
Aug 29, 2011

so it looks like the guy might pull through but will likely loose both lags and an arm.

Made another video with the faux pro camera. audio is kinda lovely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9dEgli2G98

eberbs
Aug 29, 2011

So the water pump on the nissan exploded today

glad i have parts motors to take a water pump off of.

eberbs
Aug 29, 2011

made another terrible life choice.

Got this 88 ninja for $200 from work. It hasn't ran in 5+ years.

it needs a full going over, tank cleaned, carbs taken apart and cleaned, brakes redone. Good news is it cranks over and has oil pressure and the tires are mint.
Going to go mad max road warrior with it, i already have a newer style headlight for it and all the plastic crap is coming off.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

eberbs posted:

made another terrible life choice.

It hasn't ran in 5+ years.

tires are mint.

Assuming they're just as old?

eberbs
Aug 29, 2011

Larrymer posted:

Assuming they're just as old?

good point. After checking the date code on both tires it looks like i will be replacing both before it sees pavement.

some more pictures

I have started taking off all the plastics and such.

the PO installed these stupid spikes all over the bike in the worst spots along with some lovely under lighting LED's.

eberbs
Aug 29, 2011

Had to replace the rad on the noodle today. the clutch fan did a number on it when the water pump grenaded.

Got a good used rad from a v6 pathfinder and its almost double the thickness but bolts in fine.

And did some more disassembling of the ninja. Found a rust hole in the gas tank but found a local shop with all the parts i need for cheap.

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.
I've had bad fan clutches destroy water pumps before. Dunno how you'd check for one though.

eberbs
Aug 29, 2011

Stripped and scraped the parts eagle

Took all the running gear, left the motor in it. The good eagle has almost 300k km on the trans and t-case, so a spare is a good idea.

Also grabbed the rear hatch and a door, the good eagle is missing parts from that door.

Out with the old, in with the slightly newer

Also found this strange box in the eagle, no idea what it is but i figure its for the intermittent wipers.

Bonus: draining the "oil" out of the parts eagle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pgQYhrGVIY

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

eberbs posted:

Eh, throw some Seafoam in that and I bet you'd still get another hundred-thou out of it.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
That's a cruise control box.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Was gonna say, looks like cruise or wipers, probably cruise.

I hope you took the motor mounts and all the brackets off the motor... Always wondered how the front diff and motor mount to each other, allegedly it's all bolted together?

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

eberbs posted:

:stonk: This confused the hell out of me until I saw it "drip". I thought it was one of those weird video-frame-rate-sync things that makes it look like helicopters can fly around without their rotors turning.

eberbs
Aug 29, 2011

The nissan shat a sparkplug out today.
A trip to princess auto for the power fister repair kit.

Greased up the tap and worked the hole

Got the helicoil in and started her up. Ran like a bag of poo poo for a bit, probably burning off all the grease but it smoothed out. Still gotta go for a test drive but meat beaters crossed its good.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

eberbs posted:

The truck died again a few nights ago and just would not start. towed to the dealer and they say its the low pressure fuel pump but there are none in canada so its gonna be a week or so.

And unlocking a ford ranger. probably the easiest car to brake into.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS5qwztGT0I

Old post but I once locked my keys in my Ranger not long after buying it.

It had a sliding rear window so I hopped in the bed and fiddled with it for maybe 10 seconds before I had it open and could reach the keys. No tools at all.

Sgt Fox
Dec 21, 2004

It's the buzzer I love the most. Makes me feel alive. Makes the V8's dead.

Kazinsal posted:

Oh hey I didn't know there was another YYJ goon here :hfive:

(I don't have anything really to contribute other than that, sorry. Your cars are awesome.)

There is at least three of us from AI in YYJ.

eberbs
Aug 29, 2011

Did a little bit on the bike today.

Replaced the spark plugs and the oil filter

And found a used shift lever but its ever so slightly different and doesn't look like its going to work. Also having a hard time finding a replacement fuel tank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eberbs
Aug 29, 2011

Quit my job the other day, so with my free time I decided to tackle cleaning my garage. 3 full days of busting as and its finally done.

Found tons of poo poo i forgot i even had.

A total of 15 good car\truck batterys

4 motor\trans
2xKa24's D21\240sx
4Age corolla
5m cressida\supra

Got the tool chest all sorted out and filled with tools

Actually have room to pull a car in now.

And while I was taking poo poo from the garage to the dump in the noodle some guy offered me a bumper he was going to throw out. Looks like it will fit on the eagle pretty mint.

Hoping to get lots done on the cars now that i have some free time.

• Locked thread