Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

eberbs posted:

Picked up another 75 f250

its been sitting for years and is fairly rusty but it had this sweet old tach in it.

The sun visor on that f150 might be worth something too if it’s in decent shape.

Also lol at that tach on the truck with, what, 4500 redline?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
I had a little 2 1/16" no-name tach that had a woodgrain insert from an RV, it went to 5500RPM. Never really seen an aftermarket one much below 7000. The Charade LeMons car used to almost completely wrap the solar-radiation bleached Sun tach I got off an old GMC 3+3 dually.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

eberbs posted:

picked up this awesome old forklift

CRAP CAR REMOVAL

eberbs
Aug 29, 2011

And I wonder, I still wonder, who'll stop the rain.
Did some work on the camaro today.

Did the rear speaker tray and replaced the 37 year old blown speakers with some walmart specials.

traced the old one and cut a new piece of wood then glued down the fabric

Then it was time to tackle the carpet

when i removed the back seat i found the original build sheet.

My grandpa told me that this melted spot in the back pillar was there when he got the car new.

well i found out what caused it, the defrost wire runs behind there and melted the plastic.

the rear defrost hasn't worked in years and i can tell why. not going to bother fixing it.

old carpet out

new carpet getting fitted

still needs some trimming. if i cant get it to fit the way i want ill just buy the proper replacement off rock auto for $200, but they don't come in green.

And i took the eagle out for a drive today and realized how bad it drives compared to the camaro.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Uh, uh, what kinda car do ya' got?
I've got a bitchin' Camaro
Bitchin' Camaro, bitchin' Camaro
I ran over my neighbors
Now I'm in all the papers
My folks bought me a bitchin' Camaro
With no insurance to match
So if I happen to run you down
Please don't leave a scratch
I ran over some old lady
One night at the county fair
And I didn't get arrested
Because my dad's the mayor
Donuts on your lawn
Tony Orlando and Dawn
When I drive past the kids
They all spit and cuss
'Cause I've got a bitchin' Camaro
And they have to ride the bus
So you'd better get out of my way
When I come through your yard
'Cause I've got a bitchin' Camaro
And an Exxon credit card
Hey man where ya headed?
I don't want unleaded!

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

That airframe has some history
http://www.vickersviscount.net/Pages_Restoration/CF-THG070506.aspx

Too bad about the Black Turbo 900 being scrap. I've always had a little something for those for some bizarre reason.

eberbs
Aug 29, 2011

slidebite posted:

That airframe has some history
http://www.vickersviscount.net/Pages_Restoration/CF-THG070506.aspx

Too bad about the Black Turbo 900 being scrap. I've always had a little something for those for some bizarre reason.

thats awsome.

Sold the pt crusier yesterday and switched the insurance over to the corolla. first time i have driven it in almost a year. It needed a boost but it started right up and didn't even smoke. Going to daily the corolla for awhile and look into getting collector plates for the camaro and the eagle. makes insurance super cheap but i cant drive them to work.

They have some stupid requirements so it might be a bit of work.

https://www.icbc.com/vehicle-registration/collector-mods/Documents/collector-status.pdf#page=4

and scrapped a 90's towncar complete with car phone in the trunk and inside.

eberbs fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jul 18, 2018

eberbs
Aug 29, 2011

Ice cream grumman van.

1969 grumman icecream van.

The straight 6 engine's head is missing and it's pretty crusty.
Could still be a cool project for someone.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

eberbs posted:

Ice cream grumman van.

1969 grumman icecream van.

The straight 6 engine's head is missing and it's pretty crusty.
Could still be a cool project for someone.

Drive it slowly through neighborhoods with the chimes/music playing and never stop.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Deteriorata posted:

Drive it slowly through neighborhoods with the chimes/music playing and never stop.

Make your own ice cream songs with grating lyrics.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

This seems to fit the bill nicely.

eberbs
Aug 29, 2011

Ordered a factory replacement carpet for the camaro off rockauto for $200.

It fit perfectly, ill get some pictures at some point

Been doing garbage pickup this week as the guy who normally does it is on vacation. I had a momentary lapse of judgment and hit a benz.

I had the food scraps bin on the side of the truck and was reversing past another car and clipped the benz with the bin. It was parked but i talked to the owners and put the spare tire on so they could drive and they were chill.

And got a new machine at the yard today

Its loving dope.

eberbs
Aug 29, 2011

picked up a 60 something chevy van converted to a camper. apparently the PO died in it. it was locked and i was a little worried what i might find when i unlocked it as no one had been in it since the guy died.
3 on the tree, thing is rad as gently caress. if i had room for it i would take it.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
That thing is cool as hell. I would want to be buried in it.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer
I'd be worried about how long he'd been dead in there before he was found...

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:
That thing is amazing and looks to be in decent shape. Probably a horror show underneath, but from here it looks good :)

Most people I talk to hate driving a three-on-the-tree, but I really like them. It's also about the best theft protection around. Just have to make sure the controls rods are adjusted correctly and the bushings are in good shape or they end up in two gears at once and you have a lot of cars honking at you...

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

chrisgt posted:

Most people I talk to hate driving a three-on-the-tree, but I really like them. It's also about the best theft protection around. Just have to make sure the controls rods are adjusted correctly and the bushings are in good shape or they end up in two gears at once and you have a lot of cars honking at you...

The way my parents tell it, this was an issue practically from new on my truck :v:

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

IOwnCalculus posted:

The way my parents tell it, this was an issue practically from new on my truck :v:

Chevy? From what I hear it was a bigger issue with them than with others. I drive a 51 plymouth with a 3 speed and it never has any trouble. I shift really carefully and double clutch my downshifts, though. Since I don't put a lot of force on the shifter it's much less likely to get jammed up. Back in the day when they were being driven by the general public, not enthusiasts, I can see why they had a ton of problems. It seems the average person can barely operate an automatic...

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Yeah, '70 GMC C10. I have reason to believe the fickle nature of the shifter is what prompted my grandfather to give it to my mom when it was still relatively new, instead of wearing it out on the farm.

eberbs
Aug 29, 2011

So this week the boss started using the wire processor.

Wire goes in one end and copper comes out the other. Its loving loud and stinks like death but gets results.

so far 2 3000 pound drums full of high grade granulated copper.

eberbs
Aug 29, 2011

Someone drove this in for scrap the other day. They drove it in with zero brakes.

It runs really good and is in descent shape so i get to do a brake job then my work is gonna try and sell it.

95 5.0l v8 auto 4x4

found the issue with the brakes

it needed a new caliper as the old one over extended. luckily we had a similar f150 that i was able to steal parts off of. brakes are done, took it for a few hot laps around the yard and its better than any of the 150's i have had.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

eberbs posted:

Someone drove this in for scrap the other day. They drove it in with zero brakes.

It runs really good and is in descent shape so i get to do a brake job then my work is gonna try and sell it.

95 5.0l v8 auto 4x4

it needed a new caliper as the old one over extended. luckily we had a similar f150 that i was able to steal parts off of. brakes are done, took it for a few hot laps around the yard and its better than any of the 150's i have had.

Goddamn if anyone told me I could have a truck made in pretty much any year that runs and drives but doesn’t stop for scrap value I’d ebrake that mother home so fast!

Kurten
May 28, 2001

100% less banned. 50% more sober. 0% less bitter. NOW WITH LOWER BLOOD PRESSURE!
That van's a 68 I think. Shame you let it go, they are super hard to find not completely trashed nowadays. There's a big market for that era of vans, even with the fugly camper style instead of the pop-top. Where did it end up? Please not the crusher....

chrisgt posted:

Most people I talk to hate driving a three-on-the-tree, but I really like them.

Weird. Have they driven one or just looked at it and come to that conclusion? They look wicked confusing/odd at first, but everyone I have ever known drive/own one raves about how much they loved them including myself. They are pretty fun to drive! Definitely my favorite manual transmission. I had a 3 on the tree in a 66 econoline camper special supervan and you could bang shift it going into 2nd and bark the tires (!) just by slapping the shifter with the palm of your hand when you wanted to shift. :D

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

I didn't mind the 3 on the tree on my 67 but it has a hot rod 283 in it and the gears were soooo long and it didn't sound cool enough. T5 is way better for that.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I'm not gonna lie, I've at least wondered a few times how hard it would be to make a column linkage run a T-56.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

IOwnCalculus posted:

I'm not gonna lie, I've at least wondered a few times how hard it would be to make a column linkage run a T-56.

I think it would be difficult to find the gears. Some cars had 4 on the column, saab, mercedes, toyota, etc. There was some sort of pushing the knob or whatever to get to reverse, with a 5 speed I suppose you could do that for 5th and reverse. But a 6 speed? eek. A normal 3 speed linkage is disgusting enough, I can't imagine the shitshow of jammed up gears a 6 speed would pose. If you make it work, however, I wanna drive it.
You could also leave the keys in the thing and nobody would ever steal it :D

eberbs
Aug 29, 2011

Kurten posted:

That van's a 68 I think. Shame you let it go, they are super hard to find not completely trashed nowadays. There's a big market for that era of vans, even with the fugly camper style instead of the pop-top. Where did it end up? Please not the crusher....

someone bought it. If it was gonna get crushed i would have made room for it.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Good man.

chrisgt posted:

You could also leave the keys in the thing and nobody would ever steal it :D

This is pretty true for anything with a clutch pedal these days, to be honest, outside of import drift kings that are normally theft magnets.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
When I learnt to drive it was either one of my dads vans (4 on the tree toyota liteace or mits l300), or my brothers datsun 200b floor shift- if I could bribe him and he wasn't out in it which was rarely. So I mainly learnt to drive using manual column shift in my dads van.
They're OK if you're not going anywhere in a hurry or don't have to constantly change gears due to traffic. I know toyota kept with column shift and make 5spds
Also, I need a van camper or truck like that in my life. Gotta go somewhere that's not here.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Sep 6, 2018

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

eberbs posted:

95 5.0l v8 auto 4x4

Jesus christ, that body even looks in good shape. Cross the rockies and flip it for $3-4K. Score!

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
$6-8k.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

eberbs posted:

So this week the boss started using the wire processor.

Wire goes in one end and copper comes out the other. Its loving loud and stinks like death but gets results.

so far 2 3000 pound drums full of high grade granulated copper.

Thats only AU$15.6K worth of copper... :stare:

eberbs
Aug 29, 2011

Had a few interesting cars come in for scrap. Both drove in, barely.

Taurus SHO 5speed

And a toyota van, love these things i had one for a while years ago.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Somebody go get the intake manifold off that SHO. Primo garage wall art.

eberbs
Aug 29, 2011

Towed in this BMW today.

No idea whats wrong with it but it's an auto and the interior has been taken apart, its slammed and has a fat can. i might grab the rims though.

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

eberbs posted:

Towed in this BMW today.

No idea whats wrong with it but it's an auto and the interior has been taken apart, its slammed and has a fat can. i might grab the rims though.

This is too nice for the crusher IMO. The body and paint look perfect. I can't remember the last time I saw an E28(?) in that kind of shape. That would be a sweet project.

eberbs
Aug 29, 2011

Black88GTA posted:

This is too nice for the crusher IMO. The body and paint look perfect. I can't remember the last time I saw an E28(?) in that kind of shape. That would be a sweet project.

Its was in good shape. I see them driving around my area from time to time. If i had the room i would take half the cars that come in. I just have to de-sensitize myself. And i already stacked it under another car so it's a write off.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
You monster.
Yeah, that's an e28 and they are starting to go up in value

eberbs
Aug 29, 2011

Towed in a few interesting cars for scrap today

dodge avenger

And a pimped out Toyota pickup 22R 5-speed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I can't remember the last time I saw a Dodge Avenger out on the road. They must have all hopelessly broke down years ago.

• Locked thread