Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

GOD IS BED posted:

As someone who lives in Texas, with 100+ degree summers, these seats look like a cruel joke.

Yeah; the seat's already starting to tear, and someone's cut a hole in the door to fit a speaker. Gross :nallears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Not the scirocco! Or the land barge! :(

Yeah I... would not have the intestinal fortitude for that job. You're a stronger man than I, eberbs

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Enourmo posted:

Land barges look cool but unless they've been hot-rodded they tend to be absolute pigs that are terrible to drive, even in a floaty-highway-couch kinda way.

I dunno, 350HP is easy as pie (cam, headers, 4-barrel) and it slots nicely into that "effortless power to get out of its own way, but not fast" zone in the middle of your extremes there

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Enourmo posted:

Am I missing something? Cause that looks like a malaise-era American Car. By which standards 350hp is a hot rod.

I admit I was thinking of something older and bigger based on the description (isn't that a midsize?), but I think that's still a RWD V8 so it can't be that bad, can it? Both SBC and BPO have aftermarket support. :shrug:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Deteriorata posted:

A 1980 Oldsmobile got a whopping 105 hp from a 4.3L V8. The 5.0L V8 would bump you to 150 hp.

They were strangled with poorly engineered pollution controls, applied ham-handedly.

Sure, and if you do the simple stuff like cam/intake/4-bbl/headers like I suggested above, all that stuff goes away.

Although I've never owned a BPO, so maybe they all suck like you suggest.

E: Although this is all academic, since it's a malaise era car that's not going to be cool no matter what you do to it, just like every G-body that isn't black with a <6 on the fender. Far be it from me to defend an 80s anything.

Raluek fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Mar 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

STR posted:

Just saw the Ford. Isn't Wasn't that a 78-79? I thought older ones used round headlights.

Yeah that's not a '72, which would also have an FE anyway. I think you're right about the correct years.

I am relieved to see that nothing of value was lost, except a running 460.

• Locked thread