Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
for xmas, a friend surprised me with a Pocket Operator for to make beeps and boops

it's pretty fun and surprisingly tiny

of course, he has the fancy OP-1 with which he makes much more complicated beeps and boops

biggest surprise: it has a debugging port on back, and there's a hacking community around them that teenage engineering encourages

post your favorite beep boop instruments or what you do with them

(no homegrown)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
eh, $59 not so bad

there's a lot of depth to them

the OP-1, now, that's spendy- $850! but it has that beautiful AMOLED screen...

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i am fully digging this, tyvm for posting

:same:

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Salt Fish posted:

The commodore 64 demo scene eltie.

holy poo poo csdb.dk is a thing

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

A Yolo Wizard posted:

i follow christine loves delvings into super gameboy programming and its real drat cool

oh, cool, I didn't know about this and it sounds fun

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

I'm a lil sad I didn't snag a copy of the SEGA Genesis developer guide when the old company shut down

that was fun, the Genesis was a 68000 system but it also had a Z80 that was used mainly for sound

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

you know you want to, 68000 is extremely nice

also hey, that's a devkit, we just had a manual and a first-gen Genesis with a socketed CPU that we could swap for an In-Circuit Emulator

then we used MPW to assemble 68K code & a tool to take a fully linked binary and generate S-records from it to download to the console's and ICE's memory via the ICE's serial interface

debugging was all via the ICE's command line interface which was fine because hey, you've got the code right there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

new dr e/n gameboy puzzle game lookin good

• Locked thread