Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
someone redid the metroid soundtrack with analog synths

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6fceLfjB4s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i am fully digging this, tyvm for posting

:tipshat:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I've actually been learning game boy. it is so much simpler than the ds

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

A Yolo Wizard posted:

I got a big box of old gameboys back in my very short stint of cleaning them up and sometimes doing sound mods on them. Do people still buy those? I could probably buy another set of audio jacks and maybe the backlight mod if people are still into that poo poo.

I think so. whenever I want to buy one on eBay they are always slightly more money than I want to spend. I think the market is being eroded by gb boy colours though

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

well, I mean, the DS has several video modes, multiple screens, framebuffers, sprites, backgrounds, transparency, 3D

the game boy has one video mode, one background, one "window," sprites, and four colors

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

A Yolo Wizard posted:

i follow christine loves delvings into super gameboy programming and its real drat cool

thanks for mentioning this, I am reading it now

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

well I figured out how to make a game boy go beep (still working on boop)

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

original pixel art, do not steal

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I need to make it play a tune now which is a lot harder than just making it go beep when you press a button

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZVSdDqCZjM

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I am actually working on something with that but I want to get further along before I show it off again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

yes I had been wanting to get into gb dev for a while but that talk is what really spurred me on

• Locked thread