Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
death sext

it's never too late to sign up imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude

death sext posted:

I need some serious motivation stuff in near future, will make a thread about it actualy - I hope that BYOB can help me become great :>

<3 <3 Vanisher

death sext

Uxzuigal posted:

I need some serious motivation stuff in near future, will make a thread about it actualy - I hope that BYOB can help me become great :>

I'll be there and be square

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

death sext posted:

:) i feel in tune with this sentimen

idk if ill be able to get my hw done in time to get to charlotte for meditation tonight but i have been practicing, made some loops, put another song up and stuff. i am trying! and accountibilitob is keeping me in check :byob:

love yall mean it, really try to show it in every post but i know i fall short sometimes, im not the best but i do my best to get better

i would link the song i redcorded but i cant login to my soundclod rn, i will edit in my first post itt tho so yall can check it out

and this ones an original composition, not just a remix through a nice timestretch/pitchshift and compresor

FluffieDuckie

:siren: weekly reports due :siren:

mine is here https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3803393&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post467813519

FluffieDuckie fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Feb 6, 2017

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I updated. It's late but there's good reason since my ceiling loving fell in this week. Also I love Mike's new therapist (as does he, the most important part), and I love my therapist. It's been really good to have an outlet for all of the poo poo that keeps happening to/around/near me.

FluffieDuckie

i'm a big fan of therapy. i think everyone should be in therapy

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

FluffieDuckie posted:

i'm a big fan of therapy. i think everyone should be in therapy

Me too. It makes me a much happier, healthier person, and it helps me check my inherent irrationality of thought.

FluffieDuckie

:siren: weekly reports due :siren:

i was sick all week so my report is pathetic but it's here https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3803393&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post467813519

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

update posted. i realized that my last update wasn't completely bad--i just wasn't giving myself credit for managing real life happening to me, instead of around me, while my work and my activism is still happening.

remember to give yourselves credit for coping with your day to day shitshow! it's only taken me more than three decades to realize that and it's taking a huge loving weight off my shoulders.

as a reward for my progress i'm taking myself to a conference in may to take spinning classes and hang out in a cabin by asilomar.

deep dish peat moss

I'm going to finish my novel this year. I've been plugging away at it for a while and I've been going to fiction writing workshops and taking a workshopping class and getting good feedback and a lot of encouragement and I wrote a few short stories too so hopefully 2017 is the year I can start doing something cool with my life. I'm about 1/6 of the way through my outline at 10,000 words and I'm trying to write a few thousand words a week at least.

I'm going to be submitting for fellowships too so maybe I can go live expense-free in Spain or something while I finish it up.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Feb 12, 2017

man in the eyeball hat

Capture the opening of the portal that connects this earth of 3D to one earth of 4D or 5D. Going to the 5D.

I really had a bad week, but this thread put it into perspective how I've not been taking responsibility for my fitness/work/not mind numbing entertainment. Having the log of the past few weeks has really shown me that slipping, and I want to have something really good to report next weekend instead of excuses or promises to do better. Thanks for this thread, FluffieDuckie

s/o to siggy savvy symbolic for the simply sublime signature

GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

I climbed another mountain (it was snowing and very windy)

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless
Double update because I was probated in the week 5.

• 2/3 sets of exercise
  • 0/3 hours of harmonica practice
  • 1 hours of some kind of art
  • 0/500 sorted pics in my pics folder

• 2/3 sets of exercise
  • 0/3 hours of harmonica practice
  • 1 hours of some kind of art
  • 150/500 sorted pics in my pics folder

I'm kinda happy with the exercises, but lol at my music practice.

Hogge Wild fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Feb 13, 2017

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

deep dish peat moss

I wrote 2,000 words on Sunday but none yesterday because I was busy being sad, and 700 today so far, and I'll do more after class.

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion
Making sure I go to the gym is easy enough but I need surefire ways to work hard and not think I am scrawnier than the biggest shrimp. I am a scrawn prawn. These hotties at the gym should kill me by throwing 200 lbs at me from across the gym

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion
Holy poo poo I need a trainer. I need money. Gofund me?

deep dish peat moss

lmbo calrissian posted:

Making sure I go to the gym is easy enough but I need surefire ways to work hard and not think I am scrawnier than the biggest shrimp. I am a scrawn prawn. These hotties at the gym should kill me by throwing 200 lbs at me from across the gym

It only takes a few months to start seeing results and getting muscle growth and broader shoulders and biceps and stuff and then it's pretty easy to keep up momentum

Instead of forcing yourself to go to the gym get some dumbbells and work out at home, instead of a personal trainer watch youtube videos to learn how to properly do different lifts. Just look up the different muscles like "tricep dumbbell lift" and you'll get a ton of great advice and videos. You don't need a gym to get in good shape and I think it's actually detrimental to most people - if you start off at home with some dumbbells you can work out subconsciously while watching TV or movies or smoking a cigarette or just for 5 mins between different things. When there's no need to get dressed and leave the house and be in front of people and no travel time you'll find yourself doing it a lot more. The gym is for getting super bodybuilder ripped or looking at sexy girls in spandex.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Feb 17, 2017

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

deep dish peat moss posted:

It only takes a few months to start seeing results and getting muscle growth and broader shoulders and biceps and stuff and then it's pretty easy to keep up momentum

Instead of forcing yourself to go to the gym get some dumbbells and work out at home, instead of a personal trainer watch youtube videos to learn how to properly do different lifts. Just look up the different muscles like "tricep dumbbell lift" and you'll get a ton of great advice and videos. You don't need a gym to get in good shape and I think it's actually detrimental to most people - if you start off at home with some dumbbells you can work out subconsciously while watching TV or movies or smoking a cigarette or just for 5 mins between different things. When there's no need to get dressed and leave the house and be in front of people and no travel time you'll find yourself doing it a lot more. The gym is for getting super bodybuilder ripped or looking at sexy girls in spandex.

yes! very much this

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion

deep dish peat moss posted:

agh cr*p

Somebody fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Feb 18, 2017

FluffieDuckie

week 7 updates were due like 3 days ago. sorry i'm so late

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
lol i remembered when i was heading to class a couple hours ago :shrug:

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Just remembered to update too, whoops

byob historian

forgetful week lol how byob : - )

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

hamjobs posted:

I'm going to get my poo poo together. That's too obtuse and too opaque a goal, and also not really measurable in concrete and exact terms, so it makes a bad overall goal anyway.

To break this down instead:

1. I'm going to change my business name and get registered appropriately for a business license under new name. This allows greater credibility and flexibility in branding and also gives me a wider customer base just by appeal. Goal date: March 1st, highly flexible. Goal Met: 31 January 2017

2. I'm going to start processing conflict (especially perceived outside aggression/verbal and physical aggression by outside parties) and better via therapy, even if it's just doing the goddamned CBT workbook with the DBT modifications myself again. I know group therapy is difficult and uncomfortable and I have a tendency to downplay my problems into outright lying about them ("everything is fine!") and then I bottle things up, implode, explode, and dissolve. This is untenable, so gently caress that. Goal to find an initial therapist (not outright lifetime committed obviously) by March 31st.

That's it. Accomplishing those two simple tasks (with complex meanings and results) will improve my life in good measures and give me a solid footing.

_____

JANUARY 1, 2017: I downloaded all of the loving paperwork I have to read over and it's literally over 1000 pages of poo poo to wade through if I want to actually read it, so I sent off an email to the business lawyer to talk to him about this stuff since it's literally his job to do all of that, and that sets goal 1 in solid forward motion.

Goal 2 update: so far, so bad, I'm talking myself out of going to therapy even though I know it would help a lot a lot. I'm finishing off an email to my primary care doc to talk to her, and the psychiatrist, about what they think and who they'd recommend. Email button send go, it's done and that puts me in one step closer. I'm also going to spend a few minutes cross-referencing their recommendations with my insurance coverage list and budget accordingly for initial meetings with a few of them after I hear back from my PCP and psychiatrist next week.

_____

JANUARY 8, 2017--No progress. Fuuuuck.

_____

JANUARY 16, 2017--Met with first therapist. Not a match immediately as they don't provide the type of services I need, even though they advertise as such. Made contact with a second therapist, will follow up from there. Started CBT workbook with DBT mods added.

_____

JANUARY 22, 2017--I found a therapist. We had a good meeting. I'm going to see her Tuesday. I'm going to the dentist tomorrow or it would be sooner. I am very glad I did this. I also went to the one stop permit place for a bunch of stuff, changed my PO Box and phone number, and generally just did New Businessing Things to transition from the partnership to the new classification. I'm also ready for a new psychiatrist and have stepped up my efforts to talk with my PCP but she's had a sick kid so I'm trying to accommodate for that too!

____

JANUARY 30, 2017--Therapist good. Collaborating with a fellow textile artist on a homegoods line right now. Putting together moodboards and line ideas and figured out production specs for about fifty percent of the goods so far, so all I have to do is finish that up, and then make the items. Easier said than done, but the initial anxiety of pitching the idea for a collaboration is already over and done.

SPECIAL UPDATE: JANUARY 31, 2017--Business switch completely done. Not uploading paperwork proof because internet. Will show Duckie if need be tho. I'm ready. I AM READY. God help us.

_____

LATE: FEBRUARY 10, 2017--Therapist still good, definitely gonna keep going twice a week. My ceiling fell in this week and I had a conniption fit because all of these little things with our apartment never being fixed and them completely failing us with lease renewals, etc., so emotionally, I am a loving trainwreck. Bad update, no points.

Also I convinced Mike to meet with a therapist to help him through this bullshit too, so I guess that makes up for it! Therapy is good and it's nice to have a sounding board from a neutral third party whose only interest in making sure we get better.

__

FEBRUARY 12, 2017--Holy poo poo that was a week. Two weeks. Basically since my ceiling fell in and my life imploded I've been unable to actually work since I work from a home studio, so I've been doing all the administrative poo poo I normally avoid instead. I managed to get my paperwork in order, get the PO box remedied, see the therapist EVERY DAY(!!! goodbye money, hello coping skills), see my friends who I haven't seen in months, and I even cooked a full meal. Frankie comes home in two weeks, and we're renewing our lease with hell-landlord only to make buying a house slightly smoother this next year, so I'm not worried about bringing a baby therapy dog in training home right now. He's also pre-enrolled in Puppy K with our favorite trainer ever.

I didn't realize how much I did get done even with the ceiling drama until I really talked about it in depth with the therapist. It's okay to give yourself some credit, guys!

__

February 20, 2017--I had a meltdown last week and a meltdown yesterday, who would've thought I have a sadbrains? YAY. It'll get better. More progress next week I guess.

__

February 26, 2017--Frankie is home. Beans is happy but a weird turd. I went to therapy 4 days last week because of intrusive thoughts but I have a plan for working with the current set of thoughts, at least (logic is good, understanding and giving myself space is good). The meltdown hasn't helped much but it did bring me to a window of perspective and that's good! Progress!

FluffieDuckie

Updates are due!

deep dish peat moss

I didn't get much writing done because I've been lazy and sad all week but I think my reasons for being lazy and sad are gone. Also I showed my novel to someone who said they would give me some feedback but they only read the first 5 pages and then stopped because they said they didn't understand a character's motivation for doing something and it reminded me of my long-standing fear of releasing anything to a mostly dumb as hell public who wants everything explicitly spelled out. That's a stupid reason to not write though so I'm gonna get over it, and I have to because I have a short story due for class in a few days.

byob historian

ambiguity is the best gently caress the haters

speking of i put my samplers memory card into my comp yeaterday and found some vaporwave remixes i did last month, i can tell i did poo poo but i cant always tell what ahha

FluffieDuckie

:siren: updates were due yesterday :siren:

we're just doing this through the end of march so you guys dig deep and get your poo poo done

I Was The Fury

FluffieDuckie posted:

:siren: updates were due yesterday :siren:

we're just doing this through the end of march so you guys dig deep and get your poo poo done

Oh geez I'm on track to finish up faster than I originally though but I don't know if I can knock out 260 miles in three weeks

byob historian

all my ups are dated

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

update posted. i've been, um, having a really good weekend. :D

I Was The Fury

I officially passed the halfway point this past week! I'd be proud of myself if I thought I could meet the deadline

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

update about to be posted. another really good weekend. real real real good. not gonna claim any false miracles tho but i'm walking around with a stupid grin all the time.

thanks, therapy, haha.

byob historian

p sure my resolution post is now ten times longer than any other post i made

FluffieDuckie

sorry i was late reminding everyone reports were due.

byob historian

FluffieDuckie posted:

sorry i was late reminding everyone reports were due.

its no trouble! im glad you still care and i bet i aint hte only one!

ooh also i made a thing if yall wanna lookin em at its! : ~~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVhD6GPRp8w ~~

GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

I'm still making my way up to the mountains when I can on the weekends, but in terms of actual progress I've found someone nice who actually wants to climb mountains with me (Therefore assisting with the whole 'not dying cold and alone on a mountain' part of my new years resolution!).

So I'm well on the way to achieving my goals. Also the volcano climbing trip is currently being discussed.

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion
last weeks to court me and gain me as your bf as your new years rez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

cool good things about resolutions that you make are that they might make you figure out that what you thought you wanted wasn't what you wanted at all! and also that it's okay to want different things!

neat!

• Locked thread