Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deep dish peat moss

I'm going to finish my novel this year. I've been plugging away at it for a while and I've been going to fiction writing workshops and taking a workshopping class and getting good feedback and a lot of encouragement and I wrote a few short stories too so hopefully 2017 is the year I can start doing something cool with my life. I'm about 1/6 of the way through my outline at 10,000 words and I'm trying to write a few thousand words a week at least.

I'm going to be submitting for fellowships too so maybe I can go live expense-free in Spain or something while I finish it up.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Feb 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss

I wrote 2,000 words on Sunday but none yesterday because I was busy being sad, and 700 today so far, and I'll do more after class.

deep dish peat moss

lmbo calrissian posted:

Making sure I go to the gym is easy enough but I need surefire ways to work hard and not think I am scrawnier than the biggest shrimp. I am a scrawn prawn. These hotties at the gym should kill me by throwing 200 lbs at me from across the gym

It only takes a few months to start seeing results and getting muscle growth and broader shoulders and biceps and stuff and then it's pretty easy to keep up momentum

Instead of forcing yourself to go to the gym get some dumbbells and work out at home, instead of a personal trainer watch youtube videos to learn how to properly do different lifts. Just look up the different muscles like "tricep dumbbell lift" and you'll get a ton of great advice and videos. You don't need a gym to get in good shape and I think it's actually detrimental to most people - if you start off at home with some dumbbells you can work out subconsciously while watching TV or movies or smoking a cigarette or just for 5 mins between different things. When there's no need to get dressed and leave the house and be in front of people and no travel time you'll find yourself doing it a lot more. The gym is for getting super bodybuilder ripped or looking at sexy girls in spandex.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Feb 17, 2017

deep dish peat moss

I didn't get much writing done because I've been lazy and sad all week but I think my reasons for being lazy and sad are gone. Also I showed my novel to someone who said they would give me some feedback but they only read the first 5 pages and then stopped because they said they didn't understand a character's motivation for doing something and it reminded me of my long-standing fear of releasing anything to a mostly dumb as hell public who wants everything explicitly spelled out. That's a stupid reason to not write though so I'm gonna get over it, and I have to because I have a short story due for class in a few days.

deep dish peat moss

I didn't finish the novel but I just submitted a piece I wrote for it in an attempt to obtain funding to start a non-profit working toward using medical & recreational marijuana as a substitute addiction for dependents with more serious addictions to reintegrate them into society so maybe it will work out :)

• Locked thread