Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
man in the eyeball hat

Capture the opening of the portal that connects this earth of 3D to one earth of 4D or 5D. Going to the 5D.

I'm a poor excuse for an adult so I have a couple to make sure I do something other than watch YouTube all day when I'm not working.

1. I am going to work out 3 times a week. I'll start with cardio to begin and then move onto lifting as well when I get into the swing of things. I have to have some sort of physical activity or I'm going to go crazy soon.

2. I am going to read a book a month not related to my research. If it's philosophy or science fiction, idgaf, but I want to read something different than I do at work.

3. I am going to spend at least 6 hours a day, 5 days a week in my office/actively doing work. I've gotten bad about just procrastinating and grad school is a bad time got that.

4. As a stretch goal i want to learn to draw but I don't have a plan for this one so we'll see.

1/7/16 - Got back from winter break on Wednesday. Went for a run on Thursday, just got on a rowing machine for twenty minutes. Surprisingly running was easier than I expected, since I haven't done cardio in ~1.5 years. Wednesday + Thursday I got settled back in at my university. Friday I did a coding prescreen for a trading firm and got back up to speed on the state of my research, so ~6 hours of work on Friday. Haven't started reading yet, though. Off to a good start once I got back on campus.

1/14/17 - just realized I dated last week's as 2016, lol. I put int ~35 hours of good work this week, it was very productive and I believe I settled on my thesis topic in a talk with some senior graduate students. I alternated between running/rowing every day aside from the last two (rest days) so working out has been goin well too. Not too much reading, about to catch up on that this afternoon.

1/21/17 - This was a hard week for personal reasons. The only thing I've kept up on is working out; I ran 3 times and rowed 2 times this past week. I got about half of the work done that I wanted to, and I don't feel very enthusiastic about it. I haven't read very much this week. Still hoping to finishing this book by the end of the month though.

1/28/17 - Didn't do as much work as I'd hoped, got into the habit of sleeping late instead and didn't stay at my office much later to compensate. Reading I did a lot of catch up this week so I should be good to finish my book by the 31st. Ran three times this week, no rowing; plan to get back to rowing again now.

2/5/17 - Got some good work done this week getting some code working for research that was handed off by a groupmate. Probably didn't hit 30 hours in office, but the results were pretty good still. I finished my book for January and started reading February's this week. A bit behind on reading, but it's a pretty easy read so I'll catch up this coming week. Only worked out 2/3 times, my food has been hurting so I took a rest after Wednesday. Seems to be healed so I'm back to running tomorrow and then gonna try to row on the off days again this week.

2/12/17 - I feel myself slipping, it's really not good. I can blame it on personal issues that keep me up late, or "just not feeling it," but I've really been slacking this week. I am determined to do full days of work this week, run three times (a friend invited me to start lifting with him, so I need to nail my schedule down so I can fit lifting in my daily schedule 3x a week) and I'm not going to waste time in the evenings, instead I'm going to read or work through a textbook I need to. I ran twice this past week, and made an excuse for the third day; I did run last night, and it was hard after ~5 days off, but I went my usual distance. I did very little work until Friday, when I really banged it out and we got something working in lab. I did about half the reading I had scheduled this week. This coming week will be better.

2/20/17 - Last week was bad; I barely read, I got int two runs, but I got a lot of time in my office working. Life is hitting me pretty hard recently with work getting super busy and things at home just becoming more of a mess. I don't think I'm going to finish my book by the end of the month, but hopefully I can have something good to show for work and keep working out.

3/6/17 - missed a week, but not much to report. Only went for a run once, spent a good amount of time in my office trying to work but having trouble getting good work done. I guess at least I'm working the amount i should be. poo poo is still hitting the fan in my personal life so that's sapping my energy. Thinking about going to a counselor because I think I'm loving depressed.

3/13/17 I got enough work done but didn't work out or read, but i gave up on the reading I guess. More personal poo poo still destroying my ability to get work done for most of my day. Trying to sort that out, at least I have a well paying job for the summer that I just secured today. Waiting to see a counselor next week

3/27/17 Missed another update, but I can lump the past two weeks together. Personal things still going to hell, saw a therapist and helped me get a reference point for what's going on. TAing was hell for the past two weeks, as we had an exam and hard homeworks to help instruct students. I've finished a proposal (that's only a formality) for my master's, and I need to run it by my adviser. My master's work itself is going well, and I might be able to finish it by the end of the semester. I have a job for the summer, which is good. I have not worked out lately, but I'm going to fix that this week as it's spring break. I've gotten a lot of work done lately (most of it in my office, definitely hitting my 30 hours a week there) but I've done less for self-improvement.

man in the eyeball hat fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Mar 28, 2017

s/o to siggy savvy symbolic for the simply sublime signature

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man in the eyeball hat

Capture the opening of the portal that connects this earth of 3D to one earth of 4D or 5D. Going to the 5D.

Byob is my gym buddy this year

man in the eyeball hat

FluffieDuckie posted:

my week sucked all the way around. my goal for next week is for it to not suck

:same:

man in the eyeball hat

I finished my January book 45 minutes before the end of January. I intend to spread out my reading of my February book more across the month, but it feels good to have at least forced myself to sit down and finish it.

man in the eyeball hat

I really had a bad week, but this thread put it into perspective how I've not been taking responsibility for my fitness/work/not mind numbing entertainment. Having the log of the past few weeks has really shown me that slipping, and I want to have something really good to report next weekend instead of excuses or promises to do better. Thanks for this thread, FluffieDuckie

s/o to siggy savvy symbolic for the simply sublime signature

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man in the eyeball hat

My resolutions were to get better about working in my office, read a book a month, and work out three times a week.

I definitely put in the 30 hours a week in my office now, and I've got some sort of schedule down with that. I'm coming home and just claiming I'll work from home a lot less, and that's good.

Working out, I kept up with for a while then it dwindled. I'm getting back into running this week. I definitely can tell a difference when I'm working out, and it's important to me now that I do it. It really helps me to focus and burn off negative energy. I just wish I hadn't stopped doing it for a few weeks.

Reading I messed up. I read my book in January, but research + TAing really took on a lot of time in February when classes started. Partly this is just making excuses, and I need to buckle down and do it.

I had and still have IRL poo poo that's frequently keeping my up late and stealing all my emotional/physical energy. Unfortunately it might have to continue into the summer but should be good by this fall. If anything this thread kept me somewhat accountable and I did learn about myself through this. I want to work out more now, because it improves my mental state. I want to sort out the issues in my life so I can be more productive and do fulfilling things with my time.

Sorry for the vagueness, I know people on SA in real life or I'd be a bit more specific.

• Locked thread