Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mariana Horchata

iirc i brought up 2k17 resolutions in the chat thred a few weeks ago but never followed thru with posting itt. when i did tho i made some mention about being more sincere and less detached/on autopilot when having to make small talk with people in common everyday life situations (instead of automatically saying the same default words almost everytime).

this has been something of a struggle so far but it seems like the trick is to try to remain mindful of this commitment. its sorta going against the tide for me personally in a sense that i dont particularly enjoy meaningless small talk with random strangers (or ppl u quite honestly dont really desire any further relation with like most coworkers) - but coming across as sincere and genuine is somewhat important to me as a person...because i am! but i just dont understand the need to say "whats up" or "how are you?" to somebody just because u happen to make eye contact, imho i think a smile or a nod would be preferable in most of these situations but ofc i dont get to decide the basic rules for common social interaction in 2k17 USA

anyways~ i am now coming up on 1 week w/o smoking cigs after about a month long relapse following 2yrs of not smoking. so far so good w/ that...and ive also cut back the throttle on my alcohol consumption significantly post-holidays so i may as well keep that up for now as well and stick to just a couple of nites a week at most. beyond that i might have so more plans but i think thats enough to handle for now, anything else can wait until winter is over with.

Lastgirl posted:

id like a better handwriting, i dont like mine so im gonna do some practice cos i found a wikihow which will definitely help me

its not like i want to commit acts of forgery or anything honest

thats my new years resolution thanks for eading

good luck with that - ive come to terms with the state of my semi-backwards handwriting (iirc i was always adament about doing it my way in elementary school) which i dont really mind since to correct it would require about 25yrs worth of reprogramming, not really worth it considering the majority of handwriting i do is just scribling notes to myself on a yellow legal pad using different colored sharpies tho i can still print nicely when i make an effort, esp with the right pen/pencil, but i still cant even sign my own name consistently and have straight up forgotten how to write in cursive about 20+ yrs ago (teachers in school said u couldnt graduate or go to college unless u could write in perfect cursive - and just I saw thru the ruse and called their bluff even tho at the time i prob still believed in the tooth fairy)...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata

Haven't smoked a fag in about 2 weeks now and drinking has been restricted to two notes a week on average so far so good another BYOB success story thx fluffy dux u make Jenny Craig look like a fool u so cool

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

:hellyeah: hun!
i hope you still smoke some thing :420::q::420:

ofc

It's Blueberry season!

(literally it is in Chile, home of the world's greatest blueberries)

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Jan 15, 2017

Mariana Horchata

shabbat goy posted:

I don't have one, I kind of just got the urge to get the license. I may buy a super cheap project bike off craigslist and wrench on it until getting frustrated and giving up.

i recommend a dual sport!

Mariana Horchata

shabbat goy posted:

only if it's 2-stroke :getin:

my only two-stroke experience was my kitted italian moped that hit 70mph once

ur playing with black magicks friend

good luck with ur licensing and bike purchase tho - and be sure to gear up! if u have the excuse to dress like a power ranger why wouldnt u take advantage if it could also be the difference between a full recovery and death/dismemberment.

u might already post there (i havent been in a while) but Cycle Asylum in AI is super knowledgable and always helpful...i was in ur position 2yrs ago and got my first and put like 7,000mi on it by the fall!

Mariana Horchata

oh in response to ur comment earlier FlufflieDuckie i dont need anything in return for this, im just putting my goals down here in post form and hanging around for the moral support and resolution chat. i hope everyones doing ok! i still havent smoked a cigarette in like what 3 weeks now? not sure of my progress w/r/t anything else i may have expressed improvement in but of course they werent nearly as important as the primary focus

Mariana Horchata

yes i kno, i kno - i try but its not just me its the dopamine or lack thereof :ohdear:

Mariana Horchata

lmbo calrissian posted:

I put it in my OP but I GOT THE CAR BABES, I GOT THE 05 CIVIC FOR $5K O GOD HELL YEAH I COMPLETED ONE OF MY RESOLUTIONS BITCHES
IT RUNS GREAT AND I GOT A GOOD DEAL WELL MAINTAINED IM THE KING OF THE f u c k i n g PLANET

Niiiiice...take care of it and it shall take care of u ~the honda mantra

Mariana Horchata

GoodbyeTurtles posted:

Keep an eye on the gearbox and everything should be fine. Trust.

yeah be sure to replace the timing belt (and water pump and other associated items) cause if it breaks ur car will be mechanically heartbroken...gl

Mariana Horchata

lmbo calrissian posted:

civics 4 lyfe hell yea bros! I heard the body styles after 2011/12 are timing chain and are built to be disposable.. everybody hates them and they have "dum ugly" cyberpunk designs?

Ya they look almost gundamesque but not in a particularly good way

Mariana Horchata

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

i hosed up my resolution just like i hosed up everything in my life, only not so much, you know ?

I believe in you bebop!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata

lmbo calrissian posted:

I have a new resolution to add. Go to the beach or some outdoor/hiking spot every Sat morning. Dey say never being outdoors is killing me lol :(

Oooo sounds like a cool goal! I kinda did this 2yrs ago after I got my motorcycle and would just find places on a map I wanted to go to and head out for early morning adventure rides to the beach or hikes or just cool places like...

^ that was when i ended up at a russian military airfield... surprisingly they didn't care that's I was there which was great

• Locked thread