Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shabbat goy

1) I'm gonna learn how to ride a motorcycle + get my motorcycle license. Kinda cheating on this one since I got my permit a few days ago and already signed up for the MSF course, but I'll try to make meaningful progress towards this one in any way I can, including watching youtube videos of people doing wheelies in traffic and not saying "wow" or "haha, neat" when I see it. I don't own or have access to a motorcycle, so I'm gonna have to wait for the course to do IRL practice.

2) I'm gonna practice my Spanish at least 2 times a week. I'll try to write a short blog or something each week (in Spanish) with updates and put it on my website. Hopefully find someone to give me feedback on grammar or something, if not here then in the Spanish learning thread. It's probably going to be very remedial stuff since I'm starting from just-beyond-scratch, but I'd like to get at least mildly proficient by the end of the year since a lot of our clients are in Latin America and nobody in our office speaks Spanish.

3) I'm gonna stop drinking beers, or at the very least cut back quite a bit. I don't drink excessively (maybe ~8 beers in a week, as a baseline) but it's definitely empty calories and I feel like it's nullifying a lot of the work I do in the gym, plus my wife doesn't like it that much and she's pretty cool so it'll make her happy.

4) On the gym note, I'm gonna keep going 3x a week but take it a little more seriously and get my numbers up. For a starting (strength) point (weights in lbs):

Bench: 3x5@165
OHP: 3x5@80
Squat: 3x5@220
Deadlift: 1x5@225

I'll probably put those in a google doc or on my hosting or whatever so this post doesn't get too huge.

e: follow along on my dumb blog and feel free to point out how poor my Spanish is! Also how bad I am at making websites.

e2: I've been pretty bad at 2 and 4, but I get my full motorcycle license this weekend and I have cut back drinkin' beers a whole lot so that's good. I am also bad at maintaining my above blog so...

shabbat goy fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Mar 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shabbat goy

I had a bad week, between sickness and car problems. I did get halfway through my motorcycle licensing stuff, though, so I should have a full license by March :cool:

shabbat goy

I don't have one, I kind of just got the urge to get the license. I may buy a super cheap project bike off craigslist and wrench on it until getting frustrated and giving up.

shabbat goy

only if it's 2-stroke :getin:

shabbat goy

Mariana Horchata posted:

my only two-stroke experience was my kitted italian moped that hit 70mph once

ur playing with black magicks friend

good luck with ur licensing and bike purchase tho - and be sure to gear up! if u have the excuse to dress like a power ranger why wouldnt u take advantage if it could also be the difference between a full recovery and death/dismemberment.

u might already post there (i havent been in a while) but Cycle Asylum in AI is super knowledgable and always helpful...i was in ur position 2yrs ago and got my first and put like 7,000mi on it by the fall!

hell yeah, ATGATT

and al, thanks for the link! Looks very helpful. Not sure if/when I will actually get around to getting a bike, but I'll let you know!

shabbat goy

Finished one of my resolutions today - I got my motorcycle license! Passed the test on a tiny little Honda Grom which was awesome. I kinda wanna buy one now...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shabbat goy

I vowed to practice Spanish a lot, get my motorcycle license, drink fewer beers, and go to the gym more often.

I have definitely not kept up with my Spanish, partially because life is busy and more because it's waaaay easier to just not do it. I still practice, but nowhere near as much as I should. I'm also not in contact with anyone who speaks Spanish, and my wife got sick of me saying Spanish stuf to her that she didn't understand.

I got my motorcycle license, and in fact it showed up today. Still no plans to actually buy a motorcycle.

I have been drinking less beer since this started. I haven't really quantified it in any way, but it feels like less.

I have kept up with the gym more-or-less. I stopped keeping a spreadsheet because I started lifting weights less often and doing fun stuff w/o numbers attached more often.

I'd say it was a pretty mediocre effort but I'm glad I got my motorcycle license and because of that I'm also too cool to actually care about any of my other failings.

• Locked thread