Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
i aint eatin no beef (except prime rib E7(?) OR PIZZA APPARENTLY) or pork or none a that mess

and im gona fukken record at least an ep this year im sick of listenin to boring music on my phone

these are my new years resolution

e: also i need to meditate agains so im gonna go to the sangha in charlotte i need to make a resolution or ill forget because :420:

e week 1: i aint eat no mammals, i even got a small mushroom pizza instead of sharing last nite. my guts feel a little better i think. i went to the zendo last week but its icy af out idk if i can even drive out of my neighborhood tonite, im gonna look

i aint recorded anything yet but i been practicin, think ill lay a few loops down this evening and meditate in the snow

e week 2: i made a remix :3: https://soundcloud.com/user-826793366/leave-a-trace-of-a-trace

it wasnt much work but i like it enough to say its something that ive done

i didnt gently caress with the ice last sunday but im planning to go meditate tomorrow

i actually recited 4 vows while trying to upload that mp3 because all my other magic spells werent working

hope all u sentient beins is bein well :unsmith:

e3: lotta homework this week no new tracks but band practice went o k, so thats good
went to the zendo last sunday plannin to go this sunday
ordered a pizza with pepperoni for my stepdad but just 1 meat topping so im not too worried. not planning to again tho!

e4: i aint go meditate this week cuz i was catchin up on homework
been busy hating myself and not eating a lot, did eat a pizza with some pepperoni but i was hungry so gently caress it. idk im still trying but tbh id rather die this week than go meditate next week

e5: i made another recording this week! https://m.soundcloud.com/user-826793366/dance-floor-shaker its a piece i composed years ago but never put to tape, hope somebody likes it :)

i didnt eat any red meat but i didnt get to charlotte to meditate eithercuz i was breaking up with my ex of many years and more breakups i hope to meditate more at home this week and am fixin to go sit rn

e6: i started talking to this gal in class who is a musician and i hope to make some music with her soon :allears: -- fixin to head to charlotte after i work on some calculus so i am doing meditation this week :)
i did a lotta practice on my tb-03 and worked out some cool basslines and i took some pictures of my vidsynth work and it seems like things are getting lined up and headed in the right direction :)

i ate some pizza with meat on it cuz it was here but i didnt go out of my way to eat any other red meat or anything like that. its not easy but im still workin on it :unsmith:

e7: lol pizza. also i didnt get to charlotte again but i did catch up on calculus (FINALLY!!!!) and i shd be able to go this comin week and hopefully the rest of the term since i shd be able to keep up in my classes now :)
also have been practicing, and i found a cool interface on ebay i am hoping i can win that owuld let me record audio & video to my computer :byodood:

e8 i am an idiot. i keep trying to do my calculus and i just dont get it. i am failing college the music in my heart is dead and i dont know how to meditate anymore. i try and i try and everythign just hstj wors

e9: holy poo poo i got 30 points better on my 2nd calc test than my 1st one :regd09: and i got most of last weeks home work done so i went to meditation last night :)

pizza with meat toppings seems p unavoidable unless i go back to starving cuz its just every where i turn around but i aint eat no breakfast sausage or pasta wtih meat sauce or nothin else still ^__^ some days my guts even digest what i eat without any problems
and i have been working on music and stuff, got a rough draft of a mixtape put together last week -- will be doing some finishing touches to get it out in the next week or two, got some crazy ideas to try out.
and i got an rca --> usb thing in the mail today so i can plug my various mixers into my computer and like, record things :mindblown:

e10: made it to the sangha in charlotte last night, have been practicing multimedia music and aint eat no red meat except on pizza lol

also S P R I N G B R E A K I N G B A D

e11: uh lets see
i ate a hot dog last nite at my cousins birthday cookout cuz idw be rude. but i got bad indigestion and a headache from it so the pig had its vengeance upon me. and uh, i got to do my hw, idk if ill make it to meditation tonite. i did put some things i have made this year into a playlist on soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/user-826793366/sets/4-20-a-m-eternal-volume-1 if anybody wanna listen

e12: i didnt make it to the sangha but i managed to meditate at the house, a pleasant rarity
i ate some pizza which is cool and then my stepfather got me a gyro cuz i used to eat em. i ate it not to be rude but it didnt fit in gutwise so i let it back out the way it came in :/
i uh, hmm. been sharing my mixtape, getting way more positive febk than i ever imagined possible.
got a song written for the album and a couple other percolating, i think i can get it done come summer no prob :unsmith:

byob historian fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Mar 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

byob historian

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

ladybeard mcflurry posted:

real good ideas (and heck yes to going to sangha for practice, it really helps me a lot) and pls link the ep when you're done (and some of your other music!!!)

tyvm for the support!

good luck to all yobbbers everywhere 2017 needs the motherfuckin P O W E R O F C H I L L

byob historian fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jan 3, 2017

byob historian

DavidAlltheTime posted:

Byob is the best.

byob gonna kick 2017s rear end!!

byob historian

FluffieDuckie posted:

Dude use myfitnesspal. Put your food in there for a couple of days. It will tell you if you're eating too many carbs
if i dont listen to my stomach tell me when to eat why would i listen to a computer

byob historian

ladybeard mcflurry posted:

yes exactly, this is the best way of doing things if you are (like me) bad at keeping track of things.

my stomach is a dumbfuck and it thankfully didn't program mfp so i'm gonna listen to the computer.

my stomach hates me and if i dont listen to it it makes my life even more miserable, and i cant eat any health food it all fucks my guts up :/

byob historian

MrWillsauce posted:

grilled cheese is real. real good

:agreed:

byob historian

Lastgirl posted:

id like a better handwriting, i dont like mine so im gonna do some practice cos i found a wikihow which will definitely help me

its not like i want to commit acts of forgery or anything honest

thats my new years resolution thanks for eading

pretty handwriting wrocks! keep at it l g

byob historian

Mariana Horchata posted:

it seems like the trick is to try to remain mindful
:hellyeah: hun!

quote:

anyways~ i am now coming up on 1 week w/o smoking cigs after about a month long relapse following 2yrs of not smoking. so far so good w/ that...and ive also cut back the throttle on my alcohol consumption significantly post-holidays so i may as well keep that up for now as well and stick to just a couple of nites a week at most. beyond that i might have so more plans but i think thats enough to handle for now, anything else can wait until winter is over with.
i hope you still smoke some thing :420::q::420:

byob historian

FluffieDuckie posted:

:siren: weekly reports due :siren:

mine is here https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3803393&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post467813519

life tried to kill me this week but i'm still here so at least there's that

aint this a day early

we started on sunday
shoulnd we report on the past week on a sunday? idk maybe i just count weird

e : not that i didn up date!! check the 1st page for the scary terry / alien / matoi ryuko / social vegan sig

byob historian

Dangerous Minority posted:

Update is in! Hoping some of my fellow music buds swing on by again

e: quote is not edit
i did a music

i hope yall like its p basic

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

and im gona fukken record at least an ep this year im sick of listenin to boring music on my phone

e week 2: i made a remix :3: https://soundcloud.com/user-826793366/leave-a-trace-of-a-trace

hope all u sentient beins is bein well :unsmith:

byob historian

fixin to go meditate! hope the wall is still there

sentient beings are numberless i vow to save them

desires are inexhaustible i vow to out an end to them

the dharmas are boundless i vow to master them

the buddha way is unsurpassable i vow to attain it

byob historian

death sext posted:

civics 4 lyfe :):hf::)

p sure my civic is older than at least half the posters itt

byob historian

i hosed up my resolution just like i hosed up everything in my life, only not so much, you know ?

byob historian

Luvcow posted:

do it late enough to catch a sunrise, they are the best

4:20 A.M. Eternal

byob historian

death sext posted:

it's never too late to sign up imo

:) i feel in tune with this sentimen

idk if ill be able to get my hw done in time to get to charlotte for meditation tonight but i have been practicing, made some loops, put another song up and stuff. i am trying! and accountibilitob is keeping me in check :byob:

love yall mean it, really try to show it in every post but i know i fall short sometimes, im not the best but i do my best to get better

i would link the song i redcorded but i cant login to my soundclod rn, i will edit in my first post itt tho so yall can check it out

and this ones an original composition, not just a remix through a nice timestretch/pitchshift and compresor

byob historian

lol i remembered when i was heading to class a couple hours ago :shrug:

byob historian

forgetful week lol how byob : - )

byob historian

ambiguity is the best gently caress the haters

speking of i put my samplers memory card into my comp yeaterday and found some vaporwave remixes i did last month, i can tell i did poo poo but i cant always tell what ahha

byob historian

all my ups are dated

byob historian

p sure my resolution post is now ten times longer than any other post i made

byob historian

FluffieDuckie posted:

sorry i was late reminding everyone reports were due.

its no trouble! im glad you still care and i bet i aint hte only one!

ooh also i made a thing if yall wanna lookin em at its! : ~~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVhD6GPRp8w ~~

byob historian

hamjobs posted:

cool good things about resolutions that you make are that they might make you figure out that what you thought you wanted wasn't what you wanted at all! and also that it's okay to want different things!

neat!

what? my resolutions just show how bad i am at life and make me think how good it will be to die. im a fukken loser tho

byob historian

depression is stronger than any resolution i could make or any other part of me
it will always win
its the only thing about me that doesnt scream loser :unsmith:

byob historian

FluffieDuckie posted:

Are you under the care of a physician?

the only affordable mental healthcare around here wont help me and i dont have any insurance or anything :)

byob historian

i maded a playlist

byob historian

my goal was to stop eating mammals, except on pizza (or prime rib i guess if i hit the lottery) and to meditate , (which ive done in charlotte, homework permitting) and to record an EP this year. i dropped a mixtape last month and recorded a session with my band last week.

id say the first two goals are successes and the third im making steady progress towards

hope yall rockin hard this yer too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

byob historian

deep dish peat moss posted:

I didn't finish the novel but I just submitted a piece I wrote for it in an attempt to obtain funding to start a non-profit working toward using medical & recreational marijuana as a substitute addiction for dependents with more serious addictions to reintegrate them into society so maybe it will work out :)

oh man

oh

man

that really uh

best of luck, i tried my best to do that with a real good friend last year but 2016 gonna 2016 :smith:

:rip: jim

liike, idk what to do to help but i wish you the very best of luck doing something so flican hard but i rly hope you succeedd

• Locked thread