Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cat_herder

BE GAY
DO CRIME

2016 was so uniformly awful and stressful. I really want 2017, and the rest of the future, to be better.

1. when I first moved into this apartment, I spent a week puttering around unpacking and trying to make it cute and homey. Then the internet got switched on, I parked my rear end at the computer, and I haven't done jack poo poo since. So, I want to spend even half an hour every day off the computer unpacking or cleaning or otherwise making the place nicer to live in. I'm only giving myself half an hour minimum because any further and I'll be in tons of pain and get upset and quit.

2. this complex has a fitness center, for free, and I should use it, even if just once a week to start. I can always work my way up from there, and on bad pain weeks I can try and do my gym day on the least painful day.

3. when I was like.... 13? I made a new years resolution to walk from my house to a park and back every night. This became walking all the way to the freeway or the fancy grocery store a few miles away sometimes. I know I probably won't be able to do anything that long-distance, at least not yet, but I want to meet my 30 minutes of activity Google Fit goals more days than not, and this will allow me to make friends with the neighbors and get a census of the cats here.

4. find an EMDR-certified therapist actually covered by Medicare. This is a lot more difficult than it sounds; I know exactly one and my husband is already seeing her. I don't know how else to fix the deeply-rooted sadbrains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread