Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fredflonston

Ok I wanna doos it! I need a fire under my backside of sorts.

So I use to pretty dang good at the gitfiddle. As in I would be able to say I play guitar as some sort of major indication of personality to new acquaintances. That was probably 3 years ago and I have very sparsely played since. It's been hard to find motivation and I don't even know if I could hold my own in a group session anymore. Plus I may have made some commitment to somebody that I would play with them so I have to get good again. What's that thing about not using it and losing it? It might've happened to me.

Anyhow I need to get back on the horse big time and I'm gonna use you guys both as my accountability and as a measure of how I'm doing by posting an audio clip or video of me playing something, possibly with accompaniment that I program as well to make it listenable, as well as maybe a quick description on what I'm trying to work on.

Guitar is a pretty common instrument so if you guys know bout it call me out on stuff if you'd like.

Let's break the stagnation together!

Fredflonston fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Dec 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fredflonston

MrWillsauce posted:

didn't work out but I ate so much. I just kept eating even when I was full and then I ate some more. all day. I'm also pretty sore, so I know I'm doing something right. I don't like the actual working out, but the nonstop eating part of getting big is pretty fun. maybe I should get protein powder or something but nah

honestly dude get protein powder and eat carbs. But you have to balance it with exercise. Dont do cardio or you'll be working against yourself in the beginning. Do combo exercises, like ones that work more than 1 muscle group. (bench, squat, deadlift). The cool thing about this regimen is working out isn't too time consuming. It's like bursts of effort instead of a prolonged period of wanting to die. Also, creatine is no joke and isn't terrible for you.

• Locked thread