Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
death sext

1. I feel that I am ready to fully commit to being vegetarian. It's something I've wanted to do for years, but never really followed through on. I'm not sure how best to measure this, besides like "hey guys didn't eat meat this week :cool:" so I'll think on that.

2. I used to regularly do yoga in college and I found it to be really beneficial for my mental health. Once I graduated I fell out of the habit. This year I will get back into my old routine of waking up early, doing some yoga, and then doing some wind-down yoga before bed. This will be a big life improvement.

3. Similarly, I want to get back into a regular exercise routine. I have no strength and zero cardio stamina. What I do have are free weights, an exercise bike, a Wii fit, and a nice place to walk. I will log my weekly routine. Maybe I'll throw the yoga in there too since it's related.

1/7/17 report:

So far so good, mostly.

1. No meat, although I've expanded my diet to include fish. My doctor was a little concerned because I tend toward anemia, but with the fish, proper protein-focused diet, and some vitamins, she's given me the ok.

2. The yoga thing has been a little difficult. Surprisingly it isn't the morning routine that's hard, which is what I expected. I have chronic fatigue syndrome so by the time I get home from work, I'm so tired for the rest of the evening that it's hard to move. As such I've missed two nighttime yogas. Adjustment pains and all that.

3. This week I've logged 30 miles on my exercise bike (5 miles per day). I haven't worked out a set routine in other aspects, but some things I've been doing are squats, wall sits, planks, push ups (sorta), and dumbbell work. Next week I will have a routine (I'll spend tomorrow working it out).

---------------------------------------------
1/14

1. I have been gathering all sort of vegetarian recipes. Lentils are lovely. Beans are the best. Tofu? Terrific!

2. As hard as this week beat me down, yoga has been going well. Better than last week. When I wind down into child's pose I stay there for a while and maybe cry a little and I swear I try real hard every day.

3. I switched from 5 miles a day to 30 minutes. I like that more. I haven't done today's yet but I will. Tuesday was just an awful day so it's blank.

Here is my exercise routine:
2 20 rep squat w/ leg lift
Incline push ups until I can't do more
10 rep supermans
30s wall sits
60s planks twice a day

-----------

1/22

1. I did eat a little meat this week. My supervisor surprised us all with pizza, which was very nice! But both pizzas had meat on them. I hadn't told anyone at work I was vegetarian, didn't think it really mattered. I suppose I could have picked the pepperonis off, but that felt ungrateful and childish, so I just said thanks and happily ate a slice.

2. Not much to say here. I didn't specify in my original declaration that I'm not doing yoga on the weekends. Weekends are my precious sleep time. I'm feeling less wobbly, which makes me happy.

3. I'm really bad about remembering to log my cycling, so no chart, but I promise I've done it every day. It's my most enjoyable exercise so it's not hard to motivate myself to do. Maybe I'll get a real bike when it's warmer and ride around the development. More of the same other exercises with barbells thrown in. They're pathetically light because I'm that weak, but this is how you get stronger.

1/29

I'm sick and exhausted so keeping this short.

1. yes, good
2. getting it done no problems
3. as scheduled minus this weekend when I slept 99% of the time

2/4

Did not do so well this week. My excuse is illness (which I'm finally over) :colbert:

1. Of my resolutions this is the only one I managed to stick too. Happily I haven't found it hard to stick to at all, and my boyfriend hasn't minded basically becoming vegetarian by default since neither of us feel like making two meals. I have been eating a lot of black beans. They are good and my friends.

2/12

1. Everything's going well. I worship at the altar of black bean. I'm always very glad I chose to keep seafood in my diet. This whole thing would be so much harder otherwise.

2. I've kicked my illness and I'm back in the saddle. I took this last week off and really went full in to the yoga. Sunrise and sunset plus some midday because hey why not?

3. The weather here was all over the place. On a couple days it was nice enough to take some walks outside. So, for the week, that's two hours of walking and three and a half hours of cycling total.

2/19

1. I almost had a moment of weakness with a roast duck, but I stayed strong and did not partake. I was noticing feeling a little more run-down than usual, so I did some research and bought some vitamins and I'm back to feeling my normal amount of run-down.

2. Didn't do perfectly with my yoga. I had a hard time getting out of bed in the morning, so to get to work on time I skipped three morning yogas in a row. I think I can tell a difference when I don't start my day with that routine, so that tells me I'm on the right path.

3. The weather continues to be beautiful, so barring any more super cold days, I'm adding 30 minutes (minimum, usually more) of walking to my routine. Weight loss wasn't really my goal in setting this up, but I did check this morning and I've lost five pounds. So hey, not bad!

2/26

I did very poorly this week. I'm sad, I'm running on empty, everything sucks, you know the deal. At least I didn't eat any meat. And I walked outside for ten while minutes yesterday.

3/5

I wish I had something better to say than I'm still floating down in the deep void of bad times. I'm trying.

3/12

This week was better. Not perfect, but I had crazy things like energy and motivation, so that's cool.

1. Nothing to say re: vegetarian goal. No news is good news.

2. I'm cutting out the evening yoga. When I was younger it helped me fall asleep, but I'm no longer dealing with the insomnia I was back then, so I haven't really noticed any benefits. I'm certainly no less exhausted in the morning when I wake up. So, goodbye evening yoga. Morning yoga is here to stay. I like that a lot.

3. It's balls cold outside again so I haven't been walking. But I hit the bike machine hard and I rode a total of 50 miles this week (again, 5 days, not 7). I'm pleased with that. It's easy for me to zone out and ride for longer than my 30 minute goal. Besides some errant squats and planks here and there, I haven't gotten back to any other exercise. But I did more this week than I did last week, so I'm going to call it a success and continue moving forward.

3/19

1. I mentioned trying out being vegetarian to my friend, and now she and her husband are doing meatless dinners a few times a week. So I have a new recipe buddy! yay!

2. The morning yoga is going well. I haven't had any hiccups in this routine for a while.

3. I've been doing well with my biking. There have been a few nice days sprinkled here and there, so I've taken some long walks around the complex. My new thing is to do exercises in my office during my lunch break. I planned out a routine for this week. Today I did

squats x20
60 sec. plank
30 wall push-ups
40 dirty dogs (I love this exercise, it's funny)

ok bye

3/26

1. This whole new diet has gotten me back into cooking regularly. For a while there I had fallen into the slump of "let's just get pizza/fast food/sleep" and that's no good. Tonight I will be coming home to a slow cooker full of black bean soup :love:

2. No news is good news, right? Yoga good, I'm good.

3. Lunch break exercise is working better for me than after-work workouts. By then I'm so tired that finding the motivation to do anything besides crawl into the couch and die is really difficult. I brought my weights to work. Last week I did a smattering of different workouts with no real theme beyond "today I feel like squats." This week I'm planning things out ahead. Today is cardio. It's warm and there's a nice neighborhood next to my office that I can jog around in.

Monday (today)
1 hour of walking and jogging (atm I can do about a minute of jogging straight before I need to gear back to a minute of walking)

Tuesday
Bicep curls x10
Triceps kickbacks x10
Shoulder presses x10

Wednesday
Crunches x20
Bicycle crunches x20
Plank 60s
Side plank 30s each side

Thursday
Walking lunges x10 each leg
Wall squat 60s
Calf raises x30
Jump squat x10

Friday
back to cardio

I still feel sad and bad and terrible, but having this accountability is enough to keep me trying. So hey, that's something :shrug:

death sext fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Mar 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death sext

FluffieDuckie posted:

:siren: weekly reports due :siren:

mine is here https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3803393&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post467813519

life tried to kill me this week but i'm still here so at least there's that

:agreed:

updated https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3803393&perpage=40#post467832991

death sext

resolution: draw a dang frog

death sext

this wasn't in my official resolutions, but my personal small resolution was to organize my very cluttered bathroom. I went from 90% of my counter space being taken up by skincare stuff and makeup, to a nearly empty counter with all my stuff tidily organized in a rolling set of drawers. it feels so much better :sweatdrop:

death sext

lmbo calrissian posted:

I put it in my OP but I GOT THE CAR BABES, I GOT THE 05 CIVIC FOR $5K O GOD HELL YEAH I COMPLETED ONE OF MY RESOLUTIONS BITCHES
IT RUNS GREAT AND I GOT A GOOD DEAL WELL MAINTAINED IM THE KING OF THE f u c k i n g PLANET

civics 4 lyfe :):hf::)

death sext

FluffieDuckie posted:

that's really cool :)

death sext

mini resoution mk. II

I want to make more friends because friends are good and I made a new friend :slick:

death sext

it's never too late to sign up imo

death sext

Uxzuigal posted:

I need some serious motivation stuff in near future, will make a thread about it actualy - I hope that BYOB can help me become great :>

I'll be there and be square

death sext

my resolutions were:

1. remove meat from my diet
2. adopt a regular yoga routine
3. exercise

Overall I'm calling my goals a success. Through the journey I hit some stumbling blocks and made some tweaks, but I've come out the other side still doing all three things.

My intended vegetarianism has become more of a pescatarian thing, but I'm not going to worry about labels. Definitely going to continue. I nixed evening yoga because it just wasn't what I was looking for, but morning yoga is still in and puts me in a better space for the rest of the day. I love my exercise bike. I've lost some weight. I have more energy and stamina.

Thanks for the accountability. Most successful resolution year ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death sext

Even when things sucked, this thread made me try.

thanks thread. thanks duckie

• Locked thread