Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Palisader

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE
What an excellent idea!

1)since I've had the baby I've done a pretty good job controlling what I eat, but I keep coming up with reasons not to exercise. At least Once a week I will bring my lunch to work and eat at my desk, and then spend my hour lunch break walking. I will also take the baby out for a walk once a weekend.

2) I've fallen behind on doing some of the things I love that are productive in favor of doing things that I love that are pretty much just time wasters. I will finish one of the small projects I'm working on (either spinning or knitting) AND my one major project (making a quilt)

Edit one: this is my pre-resolution setup! I want to post a picture of my quilt squares so that way I have a baseline as I go. I'm using up all the yarn I've spun, so I don't have a certain number of squares in mind.

Week 1: I finished 3 more squares for my quilt. I'm almost finished with the one ball of yarn I'm working on, only 5 more to go!

My exercising didn't go as planned because this week didnt go as planned--first I was sick, and then it snowed. I walked around the building a couple of times on Friday, because I was skipping lunch that day, but I couldn't get the tiny human outside for more than a couple of minutes because it's so bitterly cold. I will do better next week.

Week 2: still struggling with the exercise piece, which is frankly more important, though I've taken a few laps around the office and have purposely started parking way out when I go places so that I have to walk as much as possible to get in the store.
I've completed 10 new squares and finally finished my one skein of yarn.

Week 3: this week went really well! I walked up to the store and back on my lunch break (about 50 min round trip) and realised I can do that pretty much every day if I get a salad or something from the store and eat it at my desk when I get back. Nice. I got another 5 squares completed.

Week 4: kept up with my once a week walk, I'm going to try and bump it up to twice a week. I need to figure out how to politely tell a coworker that I'm not really a fan of walking in groups and I don't want any company though. I only finished two or three more squares, but I did make this:

Which I'm pretty proud of. I'd like to eventually mount a map of Thedas behind it.

Palisader fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jan 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palisader

I LIIIIIVE and this time I've confiscated my daughter's phone so she won't eat up all the data again. Thank you, hamjobs!

Palisader

I updated my post already but I'm so dang proud of this

I know it looks simple but it took me most of a night

• Locked thread