Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoodbyeTurtles

:suezo:

1. Climb at least 1 active volcano
2. Climb at least 40 mountain
3. Learn to ski good
4. Do all of these things whilst also not dying

Will update when possible

-----------------------------------

Week 1

1-2) Heavy rucksack hill hiking training session tomorrow.
3) Researched some skiing junk ?
4) Bought some lovely mittens so that I don't die from cold hands

Week 2

Did a bunch of walking about, finished buying kit for Scotland winter mountaineering into weekend.

Week 3

I went to Scotland and learned how to walk in crampons, use an ice axe and a few other winter mountaineering skills. I also summited a 1200m+ peak or two!

Week 4

Planned an adventure to Vietnam and New Zealand for the summer. Should be fun.

GoodbyeTurtles fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Jan 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoodbyeTurtles

People looking for fitness advice should check out the general fitness/outdoors thread, it's full of really good advice with just a sprinkling of bad advice for flavour too!

Re: my NYR
I'm in the process of spending way too much money on some real nice mountain kit so I don't die

GoodbyeTurtles

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

Where is it???

it here

GoodbyeTurtles

I climbed some mountains in Scotland, learned how to use an ice axe and crampons & a few other skills.

Now to sleep for 10,000 years to recover

GoodbyeTurtles

lmbo calrissian posted:

I put it in my OP but I GOT THE CAR BABES, I GOT THE 05 CIVIC FOR $5K O GOD HELL YEAH I COMPLETED ONE OF MY RESOLUTIONS BITCHES
IT RUNS GREAT AND I GOT A GOOD DEAL WELL MAINTAINED IM THE KING OF THE f u c k i n g PLANET

Keep an eye on the gearbox and everything should be fine. Trust.

GoodbyeTurtles

My resolution was to climb 40 mountains and I've done like 2 so yea don't sweat it if you're behind on your goals, there is a lot of year left

GoodbyeTurtles

I climbed another mountain (it was snowing and very windy)

GoodbyeTurtles

I'm still making my way up to the mountains when I can on the weekends, but in terms of actual progress I've found someone nice who actually wants to climb mountains with me (Therefore assisting with the whole 'not dying cold and alone on a mountain' part of my new years resolution!).

So I'm well on the way to achieving my goals. Also the volcano climbing trip is currently being discussed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoodbyeTurtles

I climbed a bunch of mountains and I'm going to climb more this summer!

I also didn't die so i basically aced it

• Locked thread