Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

I'm in!

I only will have one resolution, and it's going to be a simple one to beat. However, it's my first resolution that I will have to actually do something to achieve! (Previous resolutions have been to breathe at least once for 365 days straight and quit smoking (before I ever started smoking))

For 2017, I, I Was the Fury, hereby resolve to walk 500 miles in my free time. I am going to count any running as part of that goal. Bringing the dog along is optional, but preferred. I am making this my resolution because in the past year I lost 10 pounds when I started my new job, gained 45 when I got comfortable there, and have lost 20 in the last 5 months once I noticed a lot of extra me that hadn't been there before. I think having a consistent exercise schedule, as low-intensity as it is, is a good starting point for the healthy lifestyle I would like to lead.

For tracking, I will post screenshots from my pedometer app that list the distance I have walked. I will try to update weekly but in case I miss several in a row the app also tracks by month so I can post that instead.

Good luck to all of you, my friends!

Week 1:

I downloaded a new pedometer app to track my steps, since the other one I was using didn't have a weekly report that would add it all up for me. It looks like the new app also is either way more accurate, or thinks I have little bitty steps because my average has dropped by like 2 miles a day, even though I am walking the same amount. Either way I'm pretty proud of this first week, and will round down for convenience.
Total at week 1: 27 miles done, 473 miles remaining.

Week2:

Total at week 2: 54 miles done, 446 miles remaining

Week 3:

Total at week 3: 80 miles done, 420 (!) miles left

Week 4:

Total at week 4: 106 miles done, 394 miles remaining.

Week 5:

Total at week 5: 132 miles done. 368 miles remaining.

Week 6:

Total at week 6: 163 miles done. 337 miles remaining.

Week 7:

Total at week 7: 192 miles done. 308 miles remaining.

Week 8:

Total at week 8: 218 miles done. 282 miles remaining.

Week 9:

Total at week 9: 240 miles done. 260 miles remaining.

Week 10:

Total at week 10: 267 miles done. 233 miles remaining

Week 11:

Total at week 11: 293 miles done. 207 miles remaining.

Week 12:

Total at week 12: 321 miles done. 179 miles remaining.

Week 13:

Total at week 13: 373 miles done. 127 miles remaining.

I Was The Fury fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Apr 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Was The Fury

MrWillsauce posted:

I dunno... I really hate it. When I'm doing it I just wanna stop and do nothing. I don't have very much willpower. I feel like I don't do nearly as much as I could when I go to the gym. Good thing I have a buddy who makes me do something

Back when I used to go to the gym 5 days a week I kept waiting for that mythical moment everyone talks about where you start enjoying the exertion and soreness. I never felt it and ended up canceling my membership due to forgotten fees before I ever had the chance. Now I'm 7 months into daily dog walks and I only like it cause I get to watch my dogs ears do their flappy ear thing. I still hate getting off my butt and moving around and I doubt I'll ever actually enjoy exercise

E and yeah the trick to get me back to the gym day after day was a friend to go with and make sure I was doing poo poo

I Was The Fury

Update completed, and I just wanted to point out that my remaining miles combine to create their ultimate form: the funny s*x number 420

I Was The Fury

Just remembered to update too, whoops

I Was The Fury

FluffieDuckie posted:

:siren: updates were due yesterday :siren:

we're just doing this through the end of march so you guys dig deep and get your poo poo done

Oh geez I'm on track to finish up faster than I originally though but I don't know if I can knock out 260 miles in three weeks

I Was The Fury

I officially passed the halfway point this past week! I'd be proud of myself if I thought I could meet the deadline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Was The Fury

So I tried to meet my 500 miles resolution and am on track to at least finish it by July at the latest. Moving back in with my parents last week has changed my dog-walking path to be several miles longer, so that has helped. However to date I have only made it 373 miles of the intended 500, so I have failed.

• Locked thread