Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

yay this was one of my first byob threads last year when i started posting here. wow it has been a year already??? crazy~

here are my resolutions:

1) i need to exercise, even moreso than last year when i made the same resolution and failed. i like biking so i'm going to try to get on my bike 2 TIMES A WEEK for the near future, and up that if i stick with it for a while.

2) i also desperately need to get my budget under control. i am going to launch YNAB once a day for three months to make sure i am updating and on top of my finances.

3) read more! i want to read 10 books this year. seems like a low number but i think i read like 4 last year.

i think that's good for now :) i can do it! we can do it! yay!

---

edit one: i've been sick as a dog this week so i haven't done much but lie in bed and fever dream about randomass poo poo, but my girlfriend and i are gonna do some reading tonight so i will accomplish a little bit of book time before the week is up :)

Quidthulhu fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jan 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu

anyone have any suggestions for what to do to drop weight? i need to lose 20lbs to be happier, 40lbs to be back at my weight 2 years ago.

i've had success with combo of warmup cardio -> lift weights -> long cardio immediately after but i dunno if i can spend that kind of time in the gym nowadays and also want to come up with a routine i can stick with to start

my apartment gym has a fly machine, elipticals & bikes & treadmills, some medicine balls up to, like, 12lbs, and not much else~

Quidthulhu

updated with my failure, drat this cold. gonna do some reading tonight tho now that the fever has vanished~

Quidthulhu

you go, fluffie!

Quidthulhu

can you link to that wikihow, my handwriting is atrocious and my students make fun of me constantly for it :C

Quidthulhu

you're really a writer if you are writing! even in that sentence you're being so hard on yourself by moving yourself away from the pool of "true writers." writer is a discipline just like anything else, you come to it with some natural talent and affinity and then to be truly good at it you have to suck at it a lot.

but yeah if you are recognizing these areas where you're like "man i am terribad" then fight the urge to throw up your hands and instead get forging yourself into a better writer. i have a hard time taking criticism on my writing and i also have a hard time making the time to write but i know i would be better if i did both of those things more regularly. roald dahl used had blocks of time every morning and afternoon where he sat his rear end down with his writing desk and wrote stuff, no matter what and no matter what he churned out. get those times for yourself and stick to them and don't judge and destroy and stop or whatever, just keep doing it.

i've heard it takes 10,000 hours to be a master at anything; that's a lot of writing. get to it! you can do it :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu

i am going to do all the things i said i was going to do within my week today, and then i am going to update. I AM GOING TO DO IT.

• Locked thread