Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vanisher

Mine is (mostly) work related (boring)

1: I'm going to track activities a little better. Which includes outbound calls and letters to previous clients. When I got started in my field I was really good at this but it kind of slipped away (happens with everything). I have a goal of writing about two letters a day and making five calls, so I'll track that weekly and post in here how I do.

2: I'll take my bike for a spin on the weekends again. I'll track it once a week.

WEEK ONE UPDATE

1: I made some seriously good progress by penciling out client birthdays in my planner for the year and planning some activities for next week. I wrote about half the notes I needed to, but was on track with calls.
2: I'm a bit under the weather, but I think Sunday I will be able to get out for a spin! Update incoming.

WEEK TWO UPDATE
what a disaster of a week for me. I was getting over a cold, and my 6/mo daughter caught it so I was at home three of five working days! Although for those two days I did manage pretty well. But I went into writing this pretty depressed about my progress.

1: Made a bunch of calls. That's good. I need to make sure next week I get on top of letters like a banshee.
2: The plus side on having three days working from home is that two of those days I got to go out for a long walk with my dog and daughter, which was very peaceful. Still yet to get the bike out and ready. Next weekend for sure :argh:

WEEK THREE UPDATE

1: I got caught the heck up on notes and calls this week! Friday I did basically nothing though, which isn't great. Well, basically no notes, but still calls.
2: Raining like a crazy person so I was unable to get the bike out this weekend! I'll get it out next weekend - i've got nothing planned so far so I don't have any good excuses to not do it.

WEEK FOUR UPDATE

1: Quite a bit of following up with clients and short on the cards, so next week needs refocusing
2: I always seem to have something come up. But this week I'll make progress during the week instead of putting all my hopes on having free time during the weekend.

WEEK FIVE UPDATE
1: I really am doing quite well with this goal. In two weeks I have a sales conference that will be an excellent refresher on capitalizing this momentum.
2: This MF goal is killing me. Saturday some things came up and I was home alone, then Sunday it rained. Am I doomed? No, I will keep making these updates which make me feel like a pile of jerk because this bad feeling is the fire that gets me started. Next week I will pack a bag and keep it in my car, and I will hit the office gym. If I can do that, I can do the next step.

WEEK SIX!
1: Doing very well with this goal. In a couple of weeks I'll be at an event and be able to get a lot of cards and calls.
2: Got out to the gym on Wednesday for about an hour of spinning. This week I will attempt to get out twice!

WEEK 7&8!
Holy moley got sick last week and it screwed me up. I did one workout on Monday in week 7, and week 8 was blown due to illness and stuff. Got some good contacts at work last week, but this week I'll need to make some time Monday to hit the gym so I stay on track!

WEEK HOLY SH** I GOT SICK AND MY DAUGHTER WAS SICK AND MY LIFE IS ENDING
I had a crazy heck of a time over the last three weeks or so. Family on two rounds of antibiotics, strep tests, you name it. I actually did get a good amount of cards out, and last week holy moly I did a bunch of activities.

Freaking cycling fell by the wayside. I've still got residual stuff going on. It's a beast because the girl's in daycare and i'm the only one available ATM. Perhaps... I can get something in on Monday if i'm feeling a bit better! I'll try!!

vanisher fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Mar 20, 2017

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanisher

This is what I think of when I see FD's sig

e: I updated mine!!

vanisher fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jan 7, 2017

vanisher

I had a couple goals:

1. I wanted to get after and really do a good job with client contacts via calls and hand written notes
2. I wanted to get back on my bike

I did pretty good with the first goal. I had a log that I kept and I mailed out a bunch of cards (avg about 2-3 per day), and I had some great client contact (a little slip mid way though). My second goal was a real challenge. After child care challenges on the weekend (when I'd normally ride) I decided to just do some spinning at our office gym. I think I made it about 6 times, which is better than no times. I had some real challenges as we started paying for daycare late feb. As we round out early April I think I'll be able to realistically get back out again, at least Monday evenings to the gym!

Thanks FD for the awesome thread and for demanding updates each week. It helped me refocus!

• Locked thread