Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
It's a poo poo song about a poo poo state no one wants to be in the other 364 days of the year hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Sweet Home Alabama

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Proud Christian Mom posted:

It's a poo poo song about a poo poo state no one wants to be in the other 364 days of the year hth

Well yeah, that's a given. The tradition still rules.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

The song deserves better than Indiana imo

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Reynold posted:

Does anybody really give a poo poo? Some traditions just won't die I guess.

Mods?

Proud Christian Mom posted:

They have qualifying on some days too.

Pacers will wear some Indycar tribute uniforms this year:

https://twitter.com/Pacers/status/946061153666519040

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 41 hours!)

The Pacers are the only thing worse than Back Home Again

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

The Pacers haven’t been relevant since Reggie retired.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Minto Took posted:

The Pacers haven’t been relevant since Reggie retired.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Oladipo will lead the Pacers back to glory

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

they went to the conference finals in 2013 and again in 2014 ya dorks. you get ZERO bad NBA team sympathy from me, a Sacramento Kings fan

its weird that you people that live in indiana hate it even more than us that have to visit it ocasionally

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Cygni posted:

its weird that you people that live in indiana hate it even more than us that have to visit it ocasionally

There is only so many times you can visit Holiday World

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Cygni posted:

they went to the conference finals in 2013 and again in 2014 ya dorks. you get ZERO bad NBA team sympathy from me, a Sacramento Kings fan

I still like Indiana but that’s probably because I moved away and typically only come back for special occasions when fun things are happening.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

http://motorsports.nbcsports.com/2017/12/27/schmidt-peterson-enerson-legal-dispute-settled/
Schmidt Peterson Motorsports and RC Enerson, as well as RC Enerson’s former Indy Lights sponsor, Team Enerson Racing, LLC, have settled their claims against each other on mutually acceptable terms.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Cygni posted:

I really like Indianapolis. Bloomington is ok. The rest of the state can gently caress off.

The Pacers were fun in the 90s until it was playoff time, since they were always a guarantee to choke against the Bulls. Then Jordan retired and they got stomped by the Lakers instead.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I was in a liquor store in Indy where the ENTIRE liquor selection was locked behind the counter, which is the most bizarre poo poo I’ve ever seen.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I mean, Indy does have Mug N Bun.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

And a taco bell

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

IOwnCalculus posted:

I mean, Indy does have Mug N Bun.

:barf:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

http://mug-n-bun.com/menu/

Doesn't actually look that bed going off the pictures there, huh.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

You could go to any butthole diner in Hendricks county and get a better tenderloin, let alone service.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Honestly the best thing there by far is the root beer. I won't turn down a tenderloin but there's much better around.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Cygni posted:

The Pacers literally get a subsidy every single year just to play in Indiana and not gently caress off to China or Montreal or whatever. They can go eat a shotgun as can all their fans.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
I thought Mug n Bun was okay. There does seem to be a disproportionate number of shithole diners outside of Indy that locals swear by, but are total garbage. Indy itself is spoiled for good food and drink of all kinds, and since I spend all my time eating or getting drunk this city is alright by me.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Peanut President posted:

The [every sports team] literally get a subsidy every single year just to play in [any city] and not gently caress off to China or Montreal or whatever. They can go eat a shotgun as can all their fans.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Indiana is good

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

OhsH posted:

Indiana is good

Yeah nah.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

No. Not a subsidy like "new stadium" because that can at least be used for concerts or whatever. They literally get a loving paycheck from the taxpayers every season.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

OhsH posted:

Indiana is good

For me to poop on.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

OhsH posted:

Indiana is good

gret posted:

For me to poop on.

Also, Indiana is home to Gary.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Peanut President posted:

No. Not a subsidy like "new stadium" because that can at least be used for concerts or whatever. They literally get a loving paycheck from the taxpayers every season.

Welcome to sports in America, lmao

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

gret posted:

For me to poop on.

Mug N Bun will do that to you.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

wicka posted:

?

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you...

Yams Fan
Literally the only good part of Indiana as a whole is the Speedway (and Main St), Mug 'n' Bun root beer, IRP/Lucas Oil Raceway, and that's about all that comes to mind. The only good non-racing thing the state has done lately was put in the Kokomo bypass on US-31 so that I can spend less time driving in Indiana.

The rest of Indiana could disappear and I wouldn't miss anything

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

KingShibby posted:

Back Home Again in Ohio?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

KingShibby posted:

Literally the only good part of Indiana as a whole is the Speedway (and Main St), Mug 'n' Bun root beer, IRP/Lucas Oil Raceway, and that's about all that comes to mind. The only good non-racing thing the state has done lately was put in the Kokomo bypass on US-31 so that I can spend less time driving in Indiana.

Columbus has nice architecture, and Bloomington is supposed to be nice, right? The only place I've been in the state outside of Indy/Speedway is Terre Haute, which I remembered as being a total shithole.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

wicka posted:

including racetracks. pretty much every big event is getting kickbacks in some form from the state or local govt. free police, free loans, free utilities, or straight up cash like a lot of the old street races getting used for 'redevelopment'.

let alone F1 dates, lawdy.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Cygni posted:

including racetracks. pretty much every big event is getting kickbacks in some form from the state or local govt. free police, free loans, free utilities, or straight up cash like a lot of the old street races getting used for 'redevelopment'.

let alone F1 dates, lawdy.

Bread and circuses, man.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

It’s undoubtedly corrupt and bad, but it is aggressively normal.

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you...

Yams Fan

WindyMan posted:

Back Home Again in Ohio?

Believe it or not Ohio is even worse than Indiana

I'm from the Great State of Mitchigan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxg_QRyGlx0

gret posted:

Terre Haute, which I remembered as being a total shithole.

All I know about Terre Haute is from episodes of Lock Up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

Terre Haute is the Indiana of Indiana.

• Locked thread